Avatar Flight of Passage vs Soarin' Around the World

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Flight of Passage vs Rise of the Resistance | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt  Disney World discussion forums

Soarin' Around the World at Epcot | Walt Disney World Resort

kalel8145

Ohhh good one. I went with Soarin, mainly because it is relaxing. Avatar is great too, but I have only experienced it once in 2019. Last trip in 2021 the wife took a spill at Animal Kingdom and we spent a couple hours in the little clinic then back to the resort. I need a few more rides to really get the feel.

JIMINYCR

FoP. This blew me away the first time I experienced it. DS and I had to do it again... well worth the grueling line wait. Did it again on our last trip and it was the longest wait Ive ever endured for any Disney attraction. The line extended back, back, back, back to FoLK.
Soarin, even on its best day back when it was the original show doesnt come close to the thrill FoP brings.

LittleMerman

I accidentally voted Soarin but I meant to vote FOP! Can you edit a vote?

I love Soarin' but FOP is my favorite attraction that I've ever been on. It's so magical. Soarin' is so much fun too but it's more random and not as immersive.

Sbk1234

While FOP is an amazing ride, and wonderfully done, I voted for Soaring because I can ride it without getting motion sick.

However, if that wasn't an issue, I might have answered differently.

FutureCEO

Why can't Soarin get a new film or films? I'm sure it's easy plus there was stuff on the bottom on the big screen.

FOP doesn't seemed to be aging very well. I don't know if I can never see 3D but I saw double when I was on the ride a couple days ago. Plus the pre-show is horrible.

Doug Means

My family absolutely loves soarin, but FoP is the more exciting ride. If they would have just referbed the original soarin film to a cleaner and more crisp version, instead of making the new version, then soarin woould be the best.

Weather_Lady

Totally subjective, but...

When Soarin' became Soarin' Around the World and introduced badly-rendered CGI and bent landmarks, I feel like it went from a solid E-ticket that still impressed after many years, to a journey through a poorly-made travel-inspired video game cut scene. I'm not sure that in its current state it can be fairly compared to Flight of Passage, which is a far newer and more advanced attraction, marred only slightly by the unsettling fact that every banshee upon which I've flown has been missing its head.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

For me personally, this is the toughest poll you could post, because Soarin’ is my favorite ride but Flight of Passage is the best ride I have ever been on. That said, since the poll asks us to vote for the “better” ride, I had to go with Flight of Passage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom