Availability on disneyholidays.co.uk but not disneyworld.disney.go.com

officialtom

I've been trying for weeks to get into POR or POFQ from Feb 27-March 10, 2017, but nothing is available according to disneyworld.disney.go.com. I've tried all the special offers, even a PIN code by email. I've also called more than once. I figured the resorts must just be booked up. We're currently booked at CBR.

Then, today, I heard about disneyholidays.co.uk. Just for fun, I tried our dates even though we're not from the UK. Well, somehow, I can get a reservation for POFQ for our dates, with the DDP and 14 days of park tickets (they're only in 7 or 14 day increments) for £3,288.00, which converts to $4,795.63 Canadian. That's $500 cheaper than our current reservation for the same dates at CBR. There is also availability showing at POR.

I tried to complete the booking, but unfortunately you need to pick from a list of UK countries. No Canada.

I find this irritating for two reasons:
1. There is clearly availability at POFQ and POR, which I can't see under any of the current special offers or my PIN code.
2. UK residents are getting a significantly better deal, even with special offers, especially when considering that POR/POFQ are generally more expensive than CBR.

I know nobody can do anything about this, but I had to vent. And I know that Disney allocates a certain number of rooms at each resort for each special offer. But come on!

I'm still hopeful something will open up at POR or POFQ before we leave. We just love that darn water taxi to DS!

Last edited:

CAPTAIN HOOK

1. There is clearly availability at POFQ and POR, which I can't see under any of the current special offers or my PIN code.
2. UK residents are getting a significantly better deal that we are, even with our special offers, especially when considering that POR/POFQ are generally more expensive than CBR.

I know nobody can do anything about this, but I had to vent. And I know that Disney allocates a certain number of rooms at each resort for each special offer. But come on!
What is your issue ??

The fact that us Brits actually have an offer that you're not entitled to, and that it's cheaper than you can get with a PIN code ?

I think you'll find that as a US / Canadian citizen you get more WDW offers than we do.

Get over it - at least you're going to Disney

Upvote 0

officialtom

Original Poster
What is your issue ??

The fact that us Brits actually have an offer that you're not entitled to, and that it's cheaper than you can get with a PIN code ?

I think you'll find that as a US / Canadian citizen you get more WDW offers than we do.

Get over it - at least you're going to Disney

Nothing against Brits, just unimpressed by the unequal discounts and strange room blocking.

Wasn't aware that you don't get access to the same special offers! Guess it's a two-way street.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Locals get discounted admission via annual passes.

Canadians get 25% off theme park tickets.

There will always be different discounts for different circumstances based on any number of factors. It is odd they would hold those rooms rather than sell to you at a higher price.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

For fun I just fired up disneyworld.com, and I show opening at both POR and POFQ.
upload_2016-10-28_14-36-55.png

The problems may be that you are trying to use discount codes, and there simply may not be discount availability. If even one night is already booked up for a discount, then your whole trip will show up as not available. Maybe try no discounts, see what comes up?

Upvote 0

BigChris77

I've been trying for weeks to get into POR or POFQ from Feb 27-March 10, 2017, but nothing is available according to disneyworld.disney.go.com. I've tried all the special offers, even a PIN code by email. I've also called more than once. I figured the resorts must just be booked up. We're currently booked at CBR.

Then, today, I heard about disneyholidays.co.uk. Just for fun, I tried our dates even though we're not from the UK. Well, somehow, I can get a reservation for POFQ for our dates, with the DDP and 14 days of park tickets (they're only in 7 or 14 day increments) for £3,288.00, which converts to $4,795.63 Canadian. That's $500 cheaper than our current reservation for the same dates at CBR. There is also availability showing at POR.

I tried to complete the booking, but unfortunately you need to pick from a list of UK countries. No Canada.

2. UK residents are getting a significantly better deal, even with special offers, especially when considering that POR/POFQ are generally more expensive than CBR.

I'm still hopeful something will open up at POR or POFQ before we leave. We just love that darn water taxi to DS!

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but there are TONNES of offers that North America can get that us Brits can't. This is just one of the few times it happens the other way around..

Have you tried checking other dates, or are yours set in stone?

Upvote 0

21stamps

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but there are TONNES of offers that North America can get that us Brits can't. This is just one of the few times it happens the other way around..

I think it all evens out in the end. I remember being in Turkey and feeling quite envious every time I passed a "travel agency" (about every 20 ft or so lol) and would read signs advertising RT flights LHR-IST at a ridiculously low price. I also remember feeling heavy anger once I realized that pretty much every tourist shop, restaurant, and tour was charging in Euros instead of Lira...oh I was so mad.

Some countries will always have an advantage over another when traveling our beautiful world :)

Upvote 0

BigChris77

I think it all evens out in the end. I remember being in Turkey and feeling quite envious every time I passed a "travel agency" (about every 20 ft or so lol) and would read signs advertising RT flights LHR-IST at a ridiculously low price. I also remember feeling heavy anger once I realized that pretty much every tourist shop, restaurant, and tour was charging in Euros instead of Lira...oh I was so mad.

Some countries will always have an advantage over another when traveling our beautiful world :)

I know right? It all balances out in the end though....

Upvote 0

officialtom

Original Poster
I know it's a pointless post, but I'm glad to learn there are reasons behind. Different discounts offered to different areas of the world. Spreading the love and all

We're set on timing because it's a family reunion. We really don't care TOO much about switching from CBR to POR, but I'm going to keep trying.

Glad I learned something - different areas get different discounts!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It would be nice to have access to all the offers but I suppose Disney know what they are doing (for their best interests) in marketing specific deals to certain countries/groups. And that is fine, it is their business after all. I like that when I was planning my trip to Disneyland Paris, I was able to access and use any countries offers. It save me a ton of money to be able to book through the UK site instead of the US site.

Upvote 0

BigChris77

I know it's a pointless post, but I'm glad to learn there are reasons behind. Different discounts offered to different areas of the world. Spreading the love and all

We're set on timing because it's a family reunion. We really don't care TOO much about switching from CBR to POR, but I'm going to keep trying.

Glad I learned something - different areas get different discounts!

I've learned loads on this site alone.. There are two things I'm grateful for living in the UK for. Car hire that includes all the extra insurances, and the special UK 14 day tickets.

Those two alone save me a looooooad. Which I can then spend on beer. Win win.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom