Automated Ordering Machines at Pecos Bill

Will the self serve ordering kiosk at Pecos Bills be a relive from Dining Crowds?

• Total voters

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
From Allearsnet.com News Letter

Automated Ordering Machines are now being used at Pecos Bill in the Magic Kingdom. You can place your order for any item on the menu using these machines if you are not using cash (i.e., Credit Card, Room Charge, Disney Dining Plan, and Disney Gift Cards/Disney Dining Cards). The machines cannot handle special orders, although with Pecos Bill's extensive topping bar, there should be less need for special orders here than other counter service restaurants.

Will these be an advantage during crowded times like September or just another way to slow guest down? Will we see this in more CS locations?

mousefan1972

Sounds kind of like the automated kiosks we used at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian on a recent stay there. Only for Pecos Bill it appears as though you can pay through the machine, which eliminates having to take a slip and then pay a cashier, a la Capt. Cooks.

If this is the case, lines will (hopefully) go a little quicker, once guests get the hang of it. :animwink:

Champion

Will these be an advantage during crowded times like September or just another way to slow guest down? Will we see this in more CS locations?

It will be just like self checkout at supermarkets. Line goes fast if people only get a few things and know what the are doing, but you get the person who is clueless and has like 100 items, and it takes 5 times longer than it would to be rung out by the employee (CM in this case).

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
I feel as if these will be to complicated for guest...I have seen many guest stare with blank looks at Fastpass machines that only have one option. Give them something where they have to make choices and the line will not move. Not to mention the people that fail to read the directions and try to pay cash!

WDWFigment

I think most of the time this will be faster, because most of those who will be drawn to them will have more experience using such devices, but every once in a while, someone who doesn't really understand how to use the device will give it a whirl, and will need to be assisted with ordering on the device. So I'd say 95% of the time they will speed things up. (I also would compare this to the grocery store self-service lines).

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
Has anyone used these systems yet? I would really like to know how they work. Pictures? Where is Merf...he always has such good information and pictures to back it up! We need to send him to The MK

Figment82

It'd be better if they had the two options together - a CM at a register like usual, and the automated machines. Then people who would normally be uncomfortable by computers could go to a person to order. My favorite part of the ones at Captain Cooks is how it steps you through it, and allows for both English and Spanish languages.

Personally, I was just pleased to see both El Pirata Y El Perico and The Diamond Horseshoe open for business today.

shoppingnut

People can't even figure out how to put their one finger on the scanner at the park entrance, how do they think people are going to be able to handle this type of thing. All I know is that this is going to be a major headache for CM's when it comes to the dining plan because people will not understand that not everything is included and when adding an additional side dish it will count as a snack and I can see the people arguing to get the dining credit put back on their cards because they didn't want to do that.

PhilharMagician

Personally, I was just pleased to see both El Pirata Y El Perico and The Diamond Horseshoe open for business today.

What year is this???? Flashback niiiinnnnneeeettttteeeeeeeeeennnnnnn nnnniiiiinnnnnntttttyyyyyyffffiiiivvvvvve :lookaroun

It must be absolutely insane there right now. I was there Thanksgiving the past few years and have not seen either open serving food and it was so busy that WDW should have had fastpass lines for the counter service restaurants :rolleyes:. The only seasonal one I have seen open is the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station.

Even at really busy times, the lines in the fast food places would go so much quicker if people actually spent the 10 minutes they are standing in line deciding what they want, instead of getting to the front before giving it a thought, and asking their kids to run and ask mom whether she wants a large Coke or a regular Coke, and then asking them to run back and ask Uncle Bob if he wants a dessert or not, etc.

I think the automated thing could work quite well, but there are still many, many people around who aren't comfortable enough using that kind of thing (though many of them still try, which then holds people up)

Figment82

What year is this???? Flashback niiiinnnnneeeettttteeeeeeeeeennnnnnn nnnniiiiinnnnnntttttyyyyyyffffiiiivvvvvve :lookaroun

It must be absolutely insane there right now. I was there Thanksgiving the past few years and have not seen either open serving food and it was so busy that WDW should have had fastpass lines for the counter service restaurants :rolleyes:. The only seasonal one I have seen open is the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station.

Actually, the parks haven't been busy at all. The longest wait I saw today was 80 minutes for Splash Mountain (because it's so crazy hot here). I got on Big Thunder in the middle of the afternoon with a 20 minute wait.

I'm not quite sure why they have both of those places open, but I was grateful because I love tacos. :slurp:

WISH4EE@WDW

Has anyone used these systems yet? I would really like to know how they work. Pictures? Where is Merf...he always has such good information and pictures to back it up! We need to send him to The MK

ky071007h.jpg

Those kiosks (left) are so small, they are easily overlooked. There's
supposed to be someone working them, but there wasn't when we visited.

From MiceAge.com

It'd be better if they had the two options together - a CM at a register like usual, and the automated machines. Then people who would normally be uncomfortable by computers could go to a person to order. My favorite part of the ones at Captain Cooks is how it steps you through it, and allows for both English and Spanish languages.

They do have two lines see picture above.

sknydave

While I do think it will complicate things for a lot of people, I think it will speed things up for people like us who can zip right through it.

Also, you will still have to wait in a line for the food to be given to the people waiting in front of you... So this may not speed things up at all now that I think about it. It will probably only help Disney's wallet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom