Autographs

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Is it a big thing at Universal like it is at Disney for the kids to get autographs? Or is it more just photo ops? I just don't want to lug around autograph books if they don't sign, but don't want to be without if they do sign. Thanks!

JoeCamel

No first hand experience (unless they are serving margaritas) but I found this from UT

Summary of Character Greetings at Universal Orlando

Just as at Disney World, all of the characters were very friendly and great with my kids. The Universal people with the characters that would help to manage the lines were also really friendly and more than willing to take a photo if asked. If the character was able, all of them were quite accommodating of autograph requests and would sign the kids’ books (a few of them that could not sign had a rubber stamp with their autograph). At Disney, it seems as if the vast majority of people seeing a character ask for an autograph. At Universal, I only saw a few others asking for autographs, which surprised me. If you are interested in character autographs, be sure to check out my post on creating an autograph and memory book.

I guess carry the book but the photos are better IMO

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
No first hand experience (unless they are serving margaritas) but I found this from UT

Summary of Character Greetings at Universal Orlando

Just as at Disney World, all of the characters were very friendly and great with my kids. The Universal people with the characters that would help to manage the lines were also really friendly and more than willing to take a photo if asked. If the character was able, all of them were quite accommodating of autograph requests and would sign the kids’ books (a few of them that could not sign had a rubber stamp with their autograph). At Disney, it seems as if the vast majority of people seeing a character ask for an autograph. At Universal, I only saw a few others asking for autographs, which surprised me. If you are interested in character autographs, be sure to check out my post on creating an autograph and memory book.

I guess carry the book but the photos are better IMO
Thanks! I'm leaning more towards not carrying a book around, but we will see what the kids want to do!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
In general Universal has a different crowd then Disney and no I didn't really see anyone getting autographs. Also the Universal characters were more like, oh cool look who wander by not a I'm going to stand in line for an hour to have my kid meet this character. The giant Transformers were kind of cool to watch for a minute or so.

I think Disney is more driven by parents who force their kids to have pictures taken with characters, get autographs etc. I know my wife decided are kids would love to meet some characters. My daughter hated that and screamed louder and louder as we got closer and closer to Goofy, last time we did that.
Thanks! I kind of figured it was more just photo ops. Now I don't have to come up with more autograph books!

JoeCamel

What is the point of getting a autograph from some character who is just some random employee dressed in a costume? Again I just don't get it.
Photo op for the kids. Not my thing but there are those who will wait 6 hours in line to get a SW character to sign. All depends on what level your inner fanboi/gurl lies.Do what you like but don't disparage others if they want to do something that hurts no one.

JoeCamel

I don't care. The longer they wait in line means the less people in line for attractions. Just seems stupid to me. Send me a notebook and I'll sign for 10 SW characters, means the same as having some CM sign as a SW character. What would be the difference from having me sign or a CM dressed up as the character? Neither one of us is Luke Skywalker and in fact Luke doesn't really exist.
Shhhhh - don't tell the fans that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom