Autograph Please ?

Beauty and the

Original Poster
Following on from something Maria said in another thread, I was wondering if any one had been asked for their autograph either genuinely or by mistake?
On our last trip my two little guys aged 7 and 8 years where dressed in a Peter Pan and Hook suit and where having a sword fight in the kiddies area at the Contemporary, One tiny guy was thrilled to see them and ran to get his mum to see the real Pan and Hook. His mum took a photograph of the three of them and got my two to sign the little guys autograph book I don't know who was more pleased my boys or their new found fan.
The funniest thing was we bumped into them the next day at breakfast and the little guy didn't recognise them.:D

Maria

aaaaawwwww.... that was so sweet!

Another friend of mine, this time, my chinese roommate, was standing in costume with an umbrella at the entrance of China Pavillion, and a little girl called her "Mulan, Mulan" and asked for an autograph. It was so funny (although my roommate didn´t find it as funny as we all did). ;)

Maria

Sorry...I just remembered another one!! hehe....

Another friend from the mexican pavillion was standing again, in costume handling out balloons at the turnstiles in Epcot, and this mother runs to her grabbing her daughter while saying all excited: "look hunny, it´s"... then she gets in front of my friend, looks at her, now closely, then notices her name tag and says in lower voice: "Teresa".... and turns away and leaves!

My friend was not all that pleased but laughed about it very hard and the rest of us too when she told us later.... :)

Maria

Originally posted by Flick

Sorry Maria but I just don't get it. Perhaps this is some odd form of Latin humor of which I am ignorant.

It´s not a form of Latin humor, Flick. It was funny, because the mother got all excited because she "saw" a character and wanted her autograph for the daughter, but as she was approaching my friend dressed in costume with the balloons in her hand, she noticed she was just a regular cast member handling out balloons and then she didn´t care for the autograph anymore and just turn around at my friend´s face.

I found it funny --don´t expect others to find it funny too-- and we teased my friend a lot with that, not only the latin friends but our international group, as we all had one experience like that while working in our pavillions.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hmm.. I dressed up as my hero, Bert, for MNSSHP last year and I should've charged, considering how many autograph/picture requests I got.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Sorry Maria but I just don't get it. Perhaps this is some odd form of Latin humor of which I am ignorant.

Hi Flick - I realize that you are new here, and I would just like to bring your attention to the posting guidelines....

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1790

You may not mean too, but some of your posts are coming across as rather insulting.

Thank you for listening.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwmagic

Hi Flick - I realize that you are new here, and I would just like to bring your attention to the posting guidelines....

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1790

You may not mean too, but some of your posts are coming across as rather insulting.

Thank you for listening.

Steve, I hate to disagree with you, but you're wrong about this one!! I've read his posts, and all 5 have, in one way or another, been insulting! He's beaten Disneyowner's record for the newbie who can p*** off the most members in the shortest amount of time! I don't know who he is, or where he came from, but I'm ready to bid him farewell!! We don't need any more "outside agitators" around here!

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Idiom is sometimes funny

I like the way you write in the English language. You do much better than I would if I were writing in Espanol. I love your language! For example, I want you to tell the people how you would say in Spanish, "I dropped the ice cream cone". As you know (being a master of both English and Spanish) the translation is not simple due to idiom. You write just as a Spanish person would speak! It's wonderful. As Ricky would say, "You got some 'splain'en to do Maria".

Excuse me, but I had no problem understanding the humor in Maria's post!! I think you're the one who has some "'splain'en" to do!! An apology is in order!

DisJosh

On my trip to WDW in 1997 we were there with this oldsmobile golf tour thing(my step dad worked for oldsmobile) and they had a party thing at MGM after the park had closed. When we got off the bus at the end of new york street, where the arch is.....we were greeted by hundreds off cast members acting like fans.....shouting and screaming and they were shoving autograph books in our faces. I must have signed a hundred of those things :D The coolest thin was that they had a bunch of rides open and we didnt have to wait in lines or anything....

DisJosh

With each post you sound more and more ignorant!!! Think b4 you say something here or just :zipit:

Sheri

I like the way you write in the English language. You do much better than I would if I were writing in Espanol. I love your language! For example, I want you to tell the people how you would say in Spanish, "I dropped the ice cream cone". As you know (being a master of both English and Spanish) the translation is not simple due to idiom. You write just as a Spanish person would speak! It's wonderful. As Ricky would say, "You got some 'splain'en to do Maria".

I don't get it...? :veryconfu :confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Idiom is sometimes funny

Originally posted by SheriD013

I don't get it...? :veryconfu :confused:

Sheri, he's just an ignorant instigator who appears to enjoy coming into discussion groups and insulting people. Read his posts...he has little or no interest in WDW, and has nothing of worth to contribute to this group!

mkt

Premium Member

As Ricky would say, "You got some 'splain'en to do Maria".

nice stereotype... really.. NOT

I didn't take any offense until I read it closer. Flick, if you want to be a bigot, go to Yahoo! boards. Come back when you feel like having intelligent conversation. Good night.

Castle Cake Apologist

Maria,
Soy el único quién realmente no tiene gusto de este cabrito en todos? Acabo de pensar que fijaría un mensaje a usted personalmente que los otros no pudieron poder leer. Anyways, estoy apesadumbrado por los comentarios que él hizo sobre usted. Él es obviamente un pequeño pre-escolar racious con nada mejor hacer y espero que usted no llevara ofensa ellos. Pienso que debemos hablar con Steve sobre conseguir librados de él. Qué usted piensa?
Escriba detrás,
DisneyExpert

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyExpert
Maria,
Soy el único quién realmente no tiene gusto de este cabrito en todos? Acabo de pensar que fijaría un mensaje a usted personalmente que los otros no pudieron poder leer. Anyways, estoy apesadumbrado por los comentarios que él hizo sobre usted. Él es obviamente un pequeño pre-escolar racious con nada mejor hacer y espero que usted no llevara ofensa ellos. Pienso que debemos hablar con Steve sobre conseguir librados de él. Qué usted piensa?
Escriba detrás,
DisneyExpert

Muchas gracias por tu mensaje DisneyExpert! No me ofenden los comentarios de Flick... realmente no me importa su opinión y no lo tomo en cuenta. No te preocupes... Es muy claro que es un ignorante, y no me importa lo que diga...
Gracias de nuevo a todos!

Thank you very much for your message DisneyExpert! I am not offended by Flick´s comments... I really don´t care of his opinion and I don´t take him into consideration. Don´t worry.... It is clear to me that he is an ignorant and I don´t care of what he says...
Thanks again everybody!

Maria

mkt

Premium Member
Maria,

yo tambien detesto la ignorancia y las estupidez. Gente come Flick son las bromas de dios.. porque le da vida, le da salud, y tambien estupidez. Tengo suerte que aunque sea latino, tengo cara gringa y no e tenido muchos problemas con idiotas racistas, pero cada vez que veo un idiota como el, me siento triste y emfermo. Gente como el no merecen el derecho de una voz con que decir su basura.

Maria

Muchas gracias Mktiggerman...! qué gusto saber que alguien mas habla Español aquí!! hehe... Es una pena que aún en estos días exista gente como él, verdad? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom