Aulani's New Neighbor...Atlantis

Donald Razorduck

Original Poster
Someone over at www.themeparx.com found some newer concept art for the new Atlantic that will ne next door

5aa0ffa1e2683.png5aa0fedf843af.png5aa0ff9077ebd.png

The new concept art looks similar to the Atlantis Sanya that just opened in China https://www.atlantissanya.com/ versus the architecture used for Atlantis Bahamas and Atlantis Dubai. Aquaventure at each of the resorts has similar vibe and they all have aquariums. Definitely a change from the two Marriotts and Aulani architecture at Ko Olina...

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

YEEEEESHHHHH. One of the things my DH and I love so much about Aulani is that it's very Hawaiian looking and Disney (as is their custom), took time to incorporate Hawaiian culture and art. Personally, I think the new building of Atlantis is a monstrosity and an eyesore. Doesn't matter to us, though as we will be at Aulani. Might make the lines a little longer at Island Java...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Still looks better than the Four Seasons prison looking building on the other side of Aulani. THAT is an eyesore!

MarkTwain

Yikes. What a way to disrupt the beauty of the Hawaiian landscape, both naturally and culturally. Aulani may be big but at least it feels authentic.

Couldn't they have found a way to gently add a "Hawaiian" veneer on the more traditional Atlantis concept?

raymusiccity

The new concept art looks similar to the Atlantis Sanya that just opened in China https://www.atlantissanya.com/ versus the architecture used for Atlantis Bahamas and Atlantis Dubai. Aquaventure at each of the resorts has similar vibe and they all have aquariums. Definitely a change from the two Marriotts and Aulani architecture at Ko Olina...

DVC Aulani will have to tweak their categories:. Would you like Pool/ Garden View, Ocean View, Mountain View or Atlantis View 😮
Atlantis-Resort-Hawaii.png

Last edited:

bigkbull

Wow that is REALLY close! It look amazing although it doesn't look like it belongs in Hawaii, more like in China. I'm sure it'll have amazing offerings though.

I don't have anything to add to this discussion really but I just happened to glance at your signature and I thought, "Wow, are you me??"

Here's what mine would look like:

WDW: 1995 | 1997 | 1999 | 2000 | 2004 | 2006 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
DL: 2017

Lensman

That’s exactly right. Pinpoint accuracy. Can’t believe this got approved by the state gov
They surely got greased. ;)
I can't speak to what did or didn't happen, but I don't think the Hawaii State Government gets to legislate good taste as long as the project complies with zoning (which it probably does since it is already zoned for high density residential and resort development) and the development company isn't getting any tax abatements, which they are not in this case, either from the City and County or the State.

I'm not sure if they need a zoning variance for that planned aquarium, though.

I read a few thread's on the OP's referenced board and this latest concept art is very different from any of the earlier concept art.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom