Aulani 2019

Grumpy06

Original Poster
Planning our first trip in 2020 and looking for advice on the best time of year to go
Would like to go when everything is in bloom.
Planning on going to Pearl Harbor but would like advice on what else we shouldn’t miss
Plan is to stay for 7 or 8 nights and rent a car
Thanks

Gaston's gal

Oh, you will absolutely love Aulani! We went several years ago and enjoyed every minute of it. The resort is amazing and we did quite a bit on Oahu. Definitely recommend seeing Pearl Harbor your first morning there. You will already be awake early because of the time difference and if you go early, you will beat the crowds. I wrote a Trip Report about our stay that you can read and see if you like anything we did. Here is the link: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/aulani-trip-report.895390/#post-6526156 Have a wonderful time!

jaklgreen

I am in the process of researching our upcoming trip for June 2018. I think if your dates are flexible to go when school is in session. The rooms will be cheaper and it will be a bit less crowded. Summer and Christmas are the busiest times. Everything blooms year round there, it's Hawaii :p so you will see tropical plants when you go. There is sooo much to do just on the island of Oahu. We plan on doing water sports(snorkeling, catamaran, swimming) also going to some of their botanical parks, going horseback riding at Kualoa ranch, driving up to the north shore, going shopping in Waikiki. I would recommend looking online for ideas. There are many sites that give you ideas for activities. I have spent hours and hours online looking and I still find new stuff to do. Just do your research. Oh just a tidbit I found out. 8 days after the full moon every month they get an influx of jellyfish for 3 days. Good to know.

I am Timmy

If you enjoy hiking and are in fairly good physical condition, the Diamond Head trail is great. It is steep and uneven, and will take 30 minutes or more if you don't stop, but the view at the top is breathtaking. Read up on it to see if it's a good fit, and wear good shoes if you go. Pearl Harbor is awe inspiring, plan for a good chunk of time to really enjoy it. Also be aware, if you go in winter the water will be very choppy - the waves on the North Shore in November and December are legendary. In summer the water is flat, better for swimming and snorkeling.

slipperalwaysfits

We just returned from Aulani last summer! As a teacher, I can only go when school's out. We went the very first week of June, and they still had discount rates until June 9, so hopefully that helps. The weather was fantastic! Only a little muggy at the height of the day, but we were in the water so it doesn't really matter!
We booked Pearl Harbor through the Aulani website, which was great because it included transport and the tickets. Others have to wait at windows super early for tickets but we didn't through this excursion.

The food is amazing, there's so much variety in places to eat on property! We enjoyed a boat tour (also on the Aulani website) to look at Dolphins and lunch was provided. It was a great morning excursion (transport also included). We loved Aulani's luau!

Here's a link to my trip report, hope we're helpful!:D:D

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magical-aulani-honeymoon-june-2017.928605/#post-7770051

Robbiem

Havent been to Aulani but hawaii is beautiful. I went in September and it was lovely bit as others said i think its pretty whenever you go.

One place to visit if you have time is the Polynesian cultural centre. Its kind of like a cross between the polynesian resort and world showcase, we had a great time. We also did a trip to volcano national park on big island which was absolutely amazing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom