August

Katief13

Original Poster
Hi there my trip is in August and I was wondering if anybody would know if it would be nice over there?
Thanks in advance,katief

Zman-ks

It will be hot and humid, high in the mid 90s, with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
75.gif

Still not a bad time ;)

MorganKelly

We just returned and it was pretty "sultry". The line for the new "Under the Sea" attraction was particularly hot, as some of it is outside (depends on how crowded it is) and there is no a/c once you get inside until you are actually about to board the ride. The ride is okay, but it was not worth the wait, which was easily 40 minutes (the posted time was 20 minutes).

It rained briefly twice at the MK. It just made the humidity worse.

We try to sandwich those types of rides with the Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress and The Country Bears = cool air. We treat ourselves to ice cream, slushes and cool drinks. Pace yourself; it is easy to become overheated. This year it was very crowded for late August, so lines were longer.

Katief13

Original Poster
We just returned and it was pretty "sultry". The line for the new "Under the Sea" attraction was particularly hot, as some of it is outside (depends on how crowded it is) and there is no a/c once you get inside until you are actually about to board the ride. The ride is okay, but it was not worth the wait, which was easily 40 minutes (the posted time was 20 minutes).

It rained briefly twice at the MK. It just made the humidity worse.

We try to sandwich those types of rides with the Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress and The Country Bears = cool air. We treat ourselves to ice cream, slushes and cool drinks. Pace yourself; it is easy to become overheated. This year it was very crowded for late August, so lines were longer.
we have just returned too and on the second last day we went to Hollywood studios and after a while we got really thirsty and hot so we went to find a place for drinks and everywhere was closed (10:55am)!!! all the small carts and restaurants we closed everywhere we had to walk all the way around to the back of the park to find one! we thought it was really strange.

maelstrom98

We were just there in August and it was rough. Particularly for us though, I think it was rough because we were there in early August, so it was very, very, very hot, but the crowds were also still there. We park hop, and we absolutely had to take a mid-day break each day and return to the room for a swim/nap before going to the second park. If I ever had to bear the heat of August again, I'd make sure it was at least late August so we didn't have to contend with the heavy crowds as well. We still had a blast, though!

rob0519

We've been there the last two Augusts because of job schedules. Hot.Hot. Hot. Humid. Rain almost every day for a while sometimes heavy. Crowds seemed a bit lighter at HS, AK, and Epcot, but MK was extremely crowded every day no matter what time of day. Still better than not going. Be prepared for the heat and have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom