August wdw attendance question

smintner

We will be at disney world August 19 - 26. All of our other trips have been close to the middle of summer. I have been told that this later date in August will mean fewer people. Any feelings out there as to whether this is true or just wishful thinking?

DisJosh

It's hot and the crowds are pretty fair, on the week end you will defenitly notice more ppl. The heat is really bad! and expect a T storm just about every afternoon......My sugestion is to get up really early and beat the heat and crowds. The parks atendance dies down when it starts to rain too so if you dont mind gettin a little wet you can get on most rides pretty fast.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

My Aunt & Uncle had their 25th anniversary party in August at WDW & a bunch of us went down. It was crowded, but nothing terrible. Its just the heat that is killer. One day in particular, it was like 95° & at least 80 - 90% humidity. It was disgusting, you could barely breathe when you walked outside.

Although the attendance is probably close to the most crowded... it really isn't that bad (unless you hate people and want to be isolated from the world...:rolleyes: )

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

heat

being from texas i find that 95 degrees and
even 90% humidity okay.
however i see you are from wi, i bet the heat
will get to you....if you are not used to it.
buy lots of water as you can dehydrate quickly

Upvote 0

Tink

I never found the heat to be a huge problem for me but it does get cookin' down there in August. On the hot days, we always take it easy, hang out in the Future World pavilions (you know, watch The Making of Me a couple times), eat a lot of frozen lemonades and just pace ourselves.

I'm sorry but we're going down in 20 days - so I have to start packing!:D

Upvote 0

smintner

Original Poster
heat

I'm not worried about the heat. (And we're from Wisconsin.We went once during early December, and had the water parks to ourselves.) We go to Florida every year during the summer and manage just fine. We freeze water in bottles the night before and it lasts - oh - about a whole hour before it's entirely melted. I was just hoping that the crowds might be a little smaller towards the end of August. We usually go during July.

Upvote 0

minnie85

ive been down to FL the past 3 years in august and i was happy for Air conditioning, the heat was between 80s and 90s like they said.
the crowds werent terrible becuase school had already started when we arrived.

Upvote 0

hulabird

I go every year at the end of August and the crowds are not bad
at all, and the heat is humid and hot, but if u duck inside a few
shows and attractions along the way, and use plenty of sunscreen, and drink plenty of water and sport drinks..u will be fine.

Hulabird

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Tink
I never found the heat to be a huge problem for me but it does get cookin' down there in August. On the hot days, we always take it easy, hang out in the Future World pavilions (you know, watch The Making of Me a couple times), eat a lot of frozen lemonades and just pace ourselves.

I'm sorry but we're going down in 20 days - so I have to start packing!:D

can I go with you? :)

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

It's hard to judge. We went around that time last year and on the Friday at MGM it was packed. All the CM were talking about it being a record day and no one knew why.

That, combined with the heat made for rather frayed tempers.

Sunscreen and loads of water!!!

Upvote 0

Lance

We are leaving tomorrow nite for WDW. We went down in August of 98. It was terrible, we stayed in our tent-trailer in Fort Wilderness, I was praying for an AC. It was the worst, but when we were out of the campsite it was tolerable. I'm hoping for the attendance to be down. I think anything will be better than Christmas in the parks.

The heat doesn't bother me when I am in WDW!

Upvote 0

Goofyfan

Went down in August 99' and the crowds were not bad at all. I do not recall waiting any longer than 25 mins to ride an attraction at any one of the parks! As far as the heat? Yes it was hot/humid but we planned our days where we would go to the parks EARLY...head back to the hotel around lunchtime, sit by the pool and/or take a nap in the A/C...then head back to the parks in the early evening. Way to relax and beat the heat!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom