August vs April

Dreaming of Disney World

We're trying to decide if we want to rebook our trip to April (week of 4-18) or August (week of 8-15) next year. Easter is April 4th. Would April be a lot more crowded or similar to August? Would flights and hotels cost a lot more in April? It's too early to look up any rates. We would like to go in April but not if it's significantly cheaper and less crowded in August. Thanks!

Ghostdog

My family has been during April (Easter) and August many times. I’ve never experienced a difference in flight costs; we paid relatively the same price during both months because we always booked about 6 months out. If you’re concerned about weather I would choose April every time. It’s down right unbearably HOT 🥵 in August. As far as crowds I’d say no difference; Easter is crowded and August is crowded but you can still have an enjoyable time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

We're trying to decide if we want to rebook our trip to April (week of 4-18) or August (week of 8-15) next year. Easter is April 4th. Would April be a lot more crowded or similar to August? Would flights and hotels cost a lot more in April? It's too early to look up any rates. We would like to go in April but not if it's significantly cheaper and less crowded in August. Thanks!

Go with April. The weather is better. Given that you would have large crowds either way -- Easter or Summer -- go with April. You'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom