August 2014 Trip / countdown clock started!!!

RickP330

Whoo Hooo!!
Well after planning not to return until 2015 we caved in a booked a trip for 2014!! We pulled the trigger yesterday.

Our problem is the following. We are already under 180 days. 156 to be exact. We were able to score the mandatory BBB and CRT reservations. However the BOG is elusive and there are no dinner reservations for the entire stay we are there :-(

I know there are other strategies to landing this reservation, I think calling every day was one, but what exactly am I am to do to get this job done??

Much TIA!!!

Rick

Betsyboo

I stalked the MDE site and was able to get reservation within a few days of my arrival for two different nights. Just keep trying! You have plenty of time for someone else to change their minds.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
There are three of us. Two adults and one child. I searched all around August and could not find a spot on the DME site. We are going 8/20/14 to 8/26/14. What dates are you finding reservations?
Rick

Upvote 0

Mukta

There are three of us. Two adults and one child. I searched all around August and could not find a spot on the DME site. We are going 8/20/14 to 8/26/14. What dates are you finding reservations?
Rick
I was looking at the end of August because I might be going then. I just went to check again and the system is down. Try checking for a group of 4 instead of 3. The system does better with even numbers.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Yes, BOG and just three of us. I tried all through August with 2 to 4 persons and I can't find a single reservation. I'll call later tonight and see if I can find something.
Rick

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Well we scored perfect Reservations. 4:30 on a day we were planning on spending at the MK! We stalked the DME site 4 or 5 times per day. We first found one for Monday, but that is the day we made reservations for the fireworks desert party at Epcot. since that was new and I have never done it I didn't want to give it up, it pained us but we let that BOG reservation slip by. But low and behold today my DGF scored it for us!!

Trip is pretty much complete now, I'll have to get a PTR cooking here, when I do I'll link to it here. Much thanks to all for the comments.
Kind regards,
Rick

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom