August 13th-16th

ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages.. RobVanDam is proud to bring to you, its august 13th-16th trip report!!! sit back and relax....

13th: 7am flight so had to wake up at about 3am to get showered and stuff .. so ill just get straight to the good stuff.. arrive in orlando at 9:15 .. get rental car, go to Shoneys for Breakfast buffet ( mmmmmm )... got to doubletree... didnt have a room ready for us.. so we went got our park hoppers, yadda yadda yadda and decided to head to the first park that a bus came for which ended up being the Magic Kingdom

So we get on the bus and since it isn't a real disney transportation they drop us off at the TTC and we ended up taking the crowded ferry over instead of the wicked crowded monorail..

anyway..

We get to the magic kingdom and head down main street to the tip board at the end of main street, we look at the wait times and head to tomorrowland and get a fastpass for buzz.. next we jump in line for space mountain... posted stand by was 45 minutes... the line was extended past the entrance to the old skyway.. however there was NO line inside the building.. only outside, it was weird but yet cool... so we go do sm and head to the TTA to kill off time before Buzz... relaxing as usual no big changes or anything, tried to get pictures of the buzz shop but my dad had his foot up so i couldnt move over to the other side of seat :mad: .. so we get off tta and head to buzz.. awesome ride as always, i ended up getting about 116,000 points not bad, but we also did get stuck in the area with the video screen tunnel... not too bad, got about 1,000 bonus points by shooting the hidden targets, ::shrugs::... got out and headed over to the C.o.P decided do it .. as we don't know if it will be open again... I really didnt notice any problems in it... Everything seemed to be working A-Ok!... After C.o.P headed to adventure land, did Pirates, no big queue usual 10 minutes.. Jungle Cruise was 35 so we didn't do that.. so after looking to see what the jungle cruise was, we decided to head back to the hotel, after all we were up since 3am and it was about 3pm now.. so 12 hours without a nap.. tough work..

Night of 13th: Head over to Downtown Disney.. Eat at Cap N Jacks.. goooood ribs.. baaaaaaad prices :lol: .. went looked in Team Mickey and world of disney, then headed over to the Virgin Megastore, and went back to the hotel to crash in for the night...

And that was the end of Day 1 ... Stay tuned for Day 2 ( Animal Kingdom and MGM)

RobVanDam

Original Poster
Day 2:

Woke up at 9:30 because we were very tired. Got showered had a couple doubletree cookies for breakfast and headed out to Animal Kingdom. As Soon as we stepped off the bus onto the Animal Kingdom Parking lot, it down poured.. As all you central florida residents might remember, this was the day Erika formed right over us.. So we ran to the main gate, bought ponchos put them on and headed over to Kali River Rapids. 20 minute wait, actually 10.. Not too bad. I got soaked as usual.. Got out and walked to Dinoland. Got a fastpass for primevil whirl. Headed to Dinosaur. 15 minute wait posted, actually 15 minutes too. Pointed the opposite way of the dino for the picture time, however nobody asked me why :( ... Saw that we still had time to kill before our fastpass, was going to get something to eat but no seats were availible... I HATE THOSE PEOPLE WHO JUST GO AND SIT TO STAY DRY! :mad: :mad: .. So we decided to do It's tough to be a bug. 15 minute wait, was actually only 15 minute walk through the queue. Did that and headed back to Dinoland.

Went to Primevil Whirl... The Right side wasn't operating and the left side had a 60 minute standby so we knew the left side was getting fastpass and standby. So after 15 minutes of waiting, it started up and we got our ride, pretty fun... And as we were leaving, the left side stopped.. it was funny...

Visited the good ol' safari next.. FUN!.. I got to help them see how much the wait time was accurate :lol: it was fun i felt special lol.. Got on started going through, ended up stopping for 20 minutes... Giraffe in road, eating lunch... we were the second truck in line, so the first truck was close to it, the giraffe would eat and look at the truck as if it was mocking us :lol: ... So from now on i hate giraffes :lol: ...

After that we left AK headed back to the hotel, layed around, i took a nap and that night we went to MGM

As soon as we got off again. it poured and it poured bad, my sneakers are still a little damp from that.. my pants got soaked and my poncho, forget about it,..... So we decided to rough it and go, got in headed to Star Tours because it said it was a 30 minute wait so we decided to go and wait just incase it'll stop raining by the time we get out. was only about 7 minute wait.. Fun as always, however i looked towards the front of the starspeeder as we exit and i see 3 boxes, stacked up on top of each other and the top one open... Anybody have any idea what they are?

Went to muppet vision.. Got in just as the new show was starting, it was fun as always.. nothing exciting..

went to the backlot tour, ran into a "friend" of my brother.. He was the narrator for the preshow.. His Name is Ben and he's there for the CP if any of you had the chance to work with him, i feel bad for you :lol: ... The tour route i felt was amazing seeing new things that we havent before... and as we were ending the tour guide told us as we were passing the construction site that the old sets of residential street have been taken down for make way for a new set and that was all the info that she had.. i go, ha.. i got more info then you:p :p :p i said it to myself of course...

Went to the great movie ride, not too crazy about the new script, i didnt like the ride too much because the gangster we had was an old lady... really didnt set the mood tooo well...

So we left mgm went back to the hotel and stayed in for the night

Stay tuned for the final 2 days!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom