Augh.. I feel like the Harbinger of Doom recently with my posts.. Tom Sawyer's Island will not be opening up again...

celluloid

Well, they do the same with the Haunted Mansion so will that also never reopen?

It is not just about safety, but operational cost and return on investment.
Tom Sawyer has low cost, but has not only tight spaces but the process to get there takes staffing. Even Custodial has to take those rafts to the island.

Among the PR Optics of cramped travel and it essentially being a themed playground(I would expect Camp Jurassic, Interactive queue elements and Boneyard at the other parks to close for those factors too) in many respects, there is not a big gate draw or merch to sell.
HM and others of course has a lot.

I certain hope it's temporary. The Island is a must do for my family. My son's favorite thing at MK.

Tink86

I didn't read through the entire thread just the initial and first few. It started me thinking of how some rides they crowd you into rooms until it is filled. My favorite is Mickey's Philharmagic but they could space that out without cramming everyone in front of the doors. Not sure they could do that with HM. Not only the stretch room but the cattle area when you come out.

peter11435

I didn't read through the entire thread just the initial and first few. It started me thinking of how some rides they crowd you into rooms until it is filled. My favorite is Mickey's Philharmagic but they could space that out without cramming everyone in front of the doors. Not sure they could do that with HM. Not only the stretch room but the cattle area when you come out.
HM could be adapted easily. The “cattle” area does not need to be like that.

Tom P.

HM could be adapted easily. The “cattle” area does not need to be like that.
Are you suggesting that they eliminate the stretching room entirely or just severely limit the number of people in it at one time? Because I would think Haunted Mansion would be hugely disappointing without it.

Last edited:

peter11435

Are you suggesting that they eliminate the stretching room entirely or just severely limit the number of people in it at one time? Because I would think Haunted Mansion would be hugely disappointing without it.
I’m saying that either could be done and I think either would be considered as a temporary solution. Obviously it wouldn’t be permanent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom