Auditions for Physical Dancers/Actors for new Disney offering?

mm52200

Original Poster
Disneyauditions.com has several new audition dates posted for the following role. Any idea what this could be for?

Physical Dancer/Actor - Silent Storytellers with Movement/Dance Ability for New Disney Offering
For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Orlando, FL
Looking For: Actors and Dancers Friday, September 25, 2015
10:00 AM
Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Disney Creative Entertainment is seeking dancers and physical performers for featured roles in a new offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, FL. Dancers and Actors with strong communication skills using movement are needed to tell a story. These silent narrators orchestrate all the action to convey the spirit of an ancient and timeless celebration.

Candidates should be trained in any one or a number of classical Indian or Southeast Asian dance styles: Bharatanatyam, Odissi, Kathakali, Chhau, Balinese, etc.

Any additional movement training, including physical storytelling, marital arts or martial dance, is a definite plus.

All candidates must have strong rhythmic foundation/movement and physical storytelling abilities.

Seeking the following roles:

Male Dancers: 5'8"-5'10" and 6'0"+. Strong mover, agile, strong physical storyteller.

Female Dancers: 5'7"+. Strong mover, agile, strong physical storyteller.

Audition Information:

Please prepare a 2-minute piece that will best demonstrate your skills and specialties. You may also be asked to learn a combination and/or perform an improvisational piece.

Audition Location:Disney's Animal Kingdom® Rehearsal Facility
3271 Sherberth Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34747

Sign-in: 9:00am - 10:00am
Requirements:

• Performers must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.
  • Please bring in a current headshot and resume.
  • Proper movement attire.
  • Please bring in any music for your prepared piece in the following format: iPod/Android device or CD
  • Callbacks will be held September 26, 2015 in Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disneyauditions.com has several new audition dates posted for the following role. Any idea what this could be for?

Physical Dancer/Actor - Silent Storytellers with Movement/Dance Ability for New Disney Offering
For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Orlando, FL
Looking For: Actors and Dancers Friday, September 25, 2015
10:00 AM
Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Disney Creative Entertainment is seeking dancers and physical performers for featured roles in a new offering at the Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, FL. Dancers and Actors with strong communication skills using movement are needed to tell a story. These silent narrators orchestrate all the action to convey the spirit of an ancient and timeless celebration.

Candidates should be trained in any one or a number of classical Indian or Southeast Asian dance styles: Bharatanatyam, Odissi, Kathakali, Chhau, Balinese, etc.

Any additional movement training, including physical storytelling, marital arts or martial dance, is a definite plus.

All candidates must have strong rhythmic foundation/movement and physical storytelling abilities.

Seeking the following roles:

Male Dancers: 5'8"-5'10" and 6'0"+. Strong mover, agile, strong physical storyteller.

Female Dancers: 5'7"+. Strong mover, agile, strong physical storyteller.

Audition Information:

Please prepare a 2-minute piece that will best demonstrate your skills and specialties. You may also be asked to learn a combination and/or perform an improvisational piece.

Audition Location:Disney's Animal Kingdom® Rehearsal Facility
3271 Sherberth Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34747

Sign-in: 9:00am - 10:00am
Requirements:

• Performers must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.
  • Please bring in a current headshot and resume.
  • Proper movement attire.
  • Please bring in any music for your prepared piece in the following format: iPod/Android device or CD
  • Callbacks will be held September 26, 2015 in Orlando, FL.

Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

I would say Rivers of Light.

WhatJaneSays

While it’s very likely that this is for something at AK and I do want to think it’s RoL, but I feel that even late Sept might be still too early in their time table.

I know there was some very minor rumors not that long ago about another ticketed event like Harambe Nights in the winter. They could just be looking to expand/replace some of the street entertainment as well.

Rose&Crowner

While it’s very likely that this is for something at AK and I do want to think it’s RoL, but I feel that even late Sept might be still too early in their time table.

I know there was some very minor rumors not that long ago about another ticketed event like Harambe Nights in the winter. They could just be looking to expand/replace some of the street entertainment as well.

I'm pretty sure the audition posting has enough clues to point to R.o.L.

1) Animal kingdom rehearsal area
2) New offering
3) Indian or SE Asian dance = Harambe? Nah

Context keywords.

WhatJaneSays

I'm pretty sure the audition posting has enough clues to point to R.o.L.

1) Animal kingdom rehearsal area
2) New offering
3) Indian or SE Asian dance = Harambe? Nah

Context keywords.
1) The AK rehearsal area is used for many, many non-AK related things
1.1) Nearly all character and face performers for the whole property do their first tryout there.
1.2) Nearly all dance tryouts are there
1.3) Nearly all vocal tryouts are there - Candlelight auditions for ladies (guys to)
2) New Offering can mean just about anything from 'actual new show' to 'we're adding parts an existing show' to 'we're replacing an existing show and we haven't told the existing cast yet'. As stated before that "very likely that this is for something at AK" due to the styles requested but because it was listed as New Offering there is no way to know.
3) No one out there in the rumor mill has mentioned doing another Harambe Nights but "another ticketed event like Harambe Nights" at AK in the winter.

RoL is still likely to be 5-6 months away at best. And while due to the nature of the show it could be needed to be doing the early rounds of performer tryouts. There would probably be tryouts/searches for stun performers as well if they were at that point in the timeline. I just haven't heard or seen anything about that yet. I'd like this to be for RoL but there are other things this audition listing could point to.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yeah, the DAK rehearsal facility (which isn't actually in DAK, it's down the road) is used for all kinds of things having nothing to do with DAK.

That being said, I am fairly certain this is for RofL.

RSoxNo1

I think there will be additional nighttime entertainment in discovery island. The concept art indicated stilt walkers. I'm not sure it's rivers of light.

ULPO46

The navi are something like ten eleven feet tall. What if these are auditions for the people who will dress like the navi.and walk around interacting with guestancing amd moving about? All jokes aside its probably for something new or exsisting. A friend of.mine recently auditioned for BATB there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom