Auditioning Tomorrow. So Nervous!

WeirdOne

Original Poster
I am auditioning tomorrow for a play called "Competition Piece" I believe and it's a really funny comedy. I have to have a 1 minute monologue and have to cold read. I'm so nervous and scared that I'm going to mess up even though I know this monologue by heart. The cast is 22 people and I know relatively few people are going to audition. I'm just so nervous and excitied. Anyone have any advice before tomorrow? - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - I'm in Orlando, so anyone who wants to see it when it opens if I'm in it is welcome to.

tenchu

Originally posted by WeirdOne
I am auditioning tomorrow for a play called "Competition Piece" I believe and it's a really funny comedy. I have to have a 1 minute monologue and have to cold read. I'm so nervous and scared that I'm going to mess up even though I know this monologue by heart. The cast is 22 people and I know relatively few people are going to audition. I'm just so nervous and excitied. Anyone have any advice before tomorrow? - The WeirdOne :D

P.S. - I'm in Orlando, so anyone who wants to see it when it opens if I'm in it is welcome to.

Good luck.

When ever I've done anything like that before, I was terrified beforehand.

But once you're up there instinct takes over.

You'll be fine!

:wave:

SirNim

Re: Re: Auditioning Tomorrow. So Nervous!

Originally posted by tenchu
Good luck.

When ever I've done anything like that before, I was terrified beforehand.

But once you're up there instinct takes over.

You'll be fine!

:wave:
Can't agree more!! Good luck!!

Er-------- break a leg!!:lol: :lol:

:) :) :)

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: Auditioning Tomorrow. So Nervous!

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Can't agree more!! Good luck!!

Er-------- break a leg!!:lol: :lol:

:) :) :)

Thanks guys, knowing me, expect a broken leg ;). - The WeirdOne :D

sillyspook13

Remember when giving your monologue- all movements must have a purpose. Fidgeting, swaying back and forth, and other nervous habits should be avoided. As they say, "The most difficult thing to do onstage is nothing at all."

Wear something plain. Black and other dark colors are good. Don't wear anything that will distract from your performance.

If you mess up, don't stop. Keep going as if you've done nothing wrong. Don't show mistakes in your words or actions. And don't ask to start over. If you need to, pause, lower your head, and take a few deep breaths before going on.

Forget imagining the audience in their underwear. Just block your audience entirely from your mind.

Speak clearly!!!!

Try meditation, soothing music, or anything that will calm your nerves while waiting to audition.

Let's see...... did I forget anything? Of course! GOOD LUCK!!!:sohappy:

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Thanks alot. Sorry to OT here, but, is WDW Entertainment audition the same way?

I am very prepared considering I am an actor, thanks for the tips sillyspook13. I appreciate them even though I always run through that 1,000,000x before the rehearsal. This monologue involves me running and jumping and falling a lot, so I don't see myself swaying ;). Plain is my middle name when it comes to rehearsals. Thanks for the tips again, some I had no clue about. I'm so excited now. Thanks for the support guys! - The WeirdOne :D

Ash

What a coincidence, I'm actually IN that play right now!
I'm "Miss Hockenschmoss" (I probably spelled that wrong), aka Teacher 1. It's a really funny play. And we're performing it at a drama festival haha.

Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom