Attractions you're glad they got rid of?

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I know there are many threads about attractions you miss, but are there any attractions that you're glad Disney got rid of?

I'll start by saying Journey Into Your Imagination (because somebody had to). The current ride may not be that great, but at least it's better than THAT.

And yes, you can list Disneyland attractions too, so feel free to list Superstar Limo in your posts!

WDW Guru

Since you are including Disneyland I have to say Rocket Rods. It was not worthy of replacing the PeopleMover and it never worked properly.

jensenrick

Yes! Mister Toad's! :mad::mad: HATED that ride SO much. I don't even like the Pooh ride that much (it's okay) but at least it got rid of the hated TOAD. Ugh!

wdwfan4ver

There are 3 attraction that I am happy that they are gone.

1.) Studio Backlot Tour. I am not talking the 1990's Studio Backlot Tour, but the 2000's version. When the 2000's version closed last year, it was many years in the making.

The 2000's version of was shorted and it was out of place. It became out of place after Eisner closed the animation studio and stopped filming stuff. That meant the original concept of the backlot tour no longer existed.

2.) The Enchanted Tiki Room Under new Management. That update to me was someone thinking it was a great idea to insult the original show and add and annoying bird named Iago.

3.) Journey Into Your Imagination. When the CEO of the Walt Disney Company hates its own attraction, there is a problem like in the case of Journey Into Your Imagination.

Matt_Black

the voting part of the show was the only entertaining thing to do.

Clearly, you weren't at the show where I was singing. I rocked it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Captain EO. I don't hate it, but it is the WORST movie EVER!

Not. Even. Close.

MV5BMTI1NTg1MTE3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA4NDgyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

PRNCSAurora

Journey into Narnia.... What a let down. I was expecting something exciting and thrilling that would capture the movies action. I think they rushed it into place and lost the blueprints mid way.
Yes! My husband and I went in and then walked into the next room trying to find the show/ride/something!

I agree with the most recent Backlot Tour. I loved it as a kid and brought my husband on it without realizing the changes. Oops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom