Attraction Poster Contest #4 - Tower of Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Here we go. These are always a lot of fun.....:)

Come one, come all to the fourth Attraction Poster contest here on WDWMagic.com!!!!!!!!!!

Subject 4 = The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Size: must be 480 pixels wide x 720 pixels high, notice the word MUST. If it is not this size it WILL NOT be accepted!!!!

Deadline: Monday, July 28th at 10ish, CST

Prizes: 25 Years - Walt Disney World Souvenir Book - Hard Cover, 214 Pages

General Rules: Photos MUST be altered in a way that makes them appear less like a photograph. So, filters in photoediting programs WILL be acceptable. All entries that include unaltered photographs of anything will be deemed unacceptable!!! NOTE: I AM GOING TO VERY STRICT ON THIS NO PICTURES RULE. BE FOREWARNED!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Pic of prize:

Attachments

• 25thfront.jpg
    25thfront.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 356

joefox97

Thanks to Main Street for putting this together - this'll be my first effort at a Poster Contest... I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks to whomever is supplying the prizes... those are awesome!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Yes, Rob (mkt) has been kind enough to dig into his vast collection of Disney stuff to bring us these fine prizes. Although, the previous Mission: Space prize was newly bought at the Mission: Space gift shop.:)

joefox97

Three cheers for Rob! Hip-hip-hooray!

"For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow....."

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by joefox97
Thanks to whomever is supplying the prizes... those are awesome!

You're welcome Joe.. lol. The Mission Space plate was a fluke.. that was actually donated by DonickCo and I... the remaining prizes are coming from my personal stash of Disney goodies... nothing too extravagant (I'm sorry.. my "one offs" are staying here... lol), but always cool. I figured since my collection of Disney stuff was getting rather sizable, rather than EBay it, or throw it away, I'd have some fun, and give them out to the winner.

So anyway... here are the rules associated with my prizes...

1- In the event I win the contest, I will automatically forfeit the prize to the second place winner

2- In the event of a tie, it's MSU's call with what to do (except if I tie for first place, the other party in the tie gets the prize).

3- Prizes are nontransferrable nor returnable. IE, they're yours... if the next prize is cooler, but you lose the contest... tough. You don't complain when you're getting something for free

4- If the prize is clothing, I will personally launder the item(s) prior to mailing them. The items may have been previously worn (granted that I purchase some of my rarer bits of Disneyana at a local Orlando thrift store).

that;s about it... I hope my Disney collection gets good homes from all of you..

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
... I hope my Disney collection gets good homes from all of you..

Well, I can see it now. Me.....sitting in front of the fireplace....looking at my new copy of the 25 years - Walt Disney World pictoral souvenir.:D

Blizz

First Entry

Well here is my first try at an Attractions poster. All photos have been put through filters and the text has even been modified.

Attachments

• tot.jpg
    tot.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 302

Main Street USA

Original Poster
I love the layout, Blizz. Very nice.:)

It looks too much like a photograph, though. Fliters are acceptable, but they must make a significant differnece in the picture.

You won't need to change a whole lot, though. You can alter the filter to have a larger effect, or even use a combo of filters on it.

Note to everyone: Try to think of the no photos allowed rule as simply this: If it looks like it was once a photograph, it probably isn't acceptable. That is what makes the poster contests differnet from the wallpaper contests. Make sure to alter them quite a bit.

:)

Blizz

Thanks Zac! I wasnt sure about it. And I am not totally sure of the redo. But well here goes nothing...

The new and improved entry... (does this work?):veryconfu

Attachments

• tot.jpg
    tot.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 300

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I suggest using one of the Paint or Sketch filters, rather than blurring it

DCA Fan

Originally posted by NowInc
muahaha!! Time to blow the dust off of illustrator ;)
uh oh.....lol :lol:

Thanks again to Rob for providing the prizes! I'm going to WDW sometime soon (I hope), so I'll see if I can get a few things to give away as well.

Figment1986

the pictures I asked for from someone are comming soon, I will have fun using my photoimpression (came with computer) At least this will be a interesting competition,

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by Blizz
Thanks Zac! I wasnt sure about it. And I am not totally sure of the redo. But well here goes nothing...

The new and improved entry... (does this work?):veryconfu

Yeah, that one works better for the rules, but I hate to have you lose the quality like that. I would suggest trying some different filters, like Rob said. There are tons of them. Just take a little time and go through them. THe right one will come about.

Also, ACE, again, very nice looking entry. Good job on the BG, very artistic and nice. The tower needs to be altered though. As far as I can tell, it's just been changed to Black and white, and darkened a bit. The point is that it still looks like a photograph, and when you look at it, you shouldn't be able to tell that it is one.:)

Blizz

Originally posted by DCA Fan
uh oh.....lol :lol:

Thanks again to Rob for providing the prizes! I'm going to WDW sometime soon (I hope), so I'll see if I can get a few things to give away as well.

I was thinking the same.. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom