Attraction Pleasant Surprises

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Are there any particular attractions in WDW that you may have purposely skipped in previous visits, and then decided to go ahead and try it, and then were actually pleasantly surprised by it?
Festival of the Lion King.
No idea why I skipped it in the past, but only saw it for the first time in the new theater. It's now one of my top attractions.

Launchpad McQuack

While this might not count, the first time I did Philharmagic (2007), I was blown away. I had no idea what it was going in, and I just loved every second of it. It definitely had that Disney "magic" IMO. That was the first time I had been to WDW after Philharmagic opened, so I had never skipped it before, but I wasn't hyped about doing it (like with some of the bigger attractions you get excited about before your vacation).

The Tuna

The Hall of Presidents. Not being American I didn't really care to see it but enjoyed it. I have never seen the American Adventure either and have promised myself and others that I will see it this time. I was sold on it by some of the people here.

Minnesota disney fan

Ours was Flights of Wonder in Animal Kingdom. We always rushed past it because I thought it was "just a bird show" and wasn't interested. We have decided to do one attraction in each park when we visit that we have always passed by.
I am so glad we went to that show. It was educational a very entertaining, not just a bird show!!! Can't wait to try the next attraction that we have passed by:)

BJones82

So not sure if this counts, but the last 3 times we went (the first 3 times as adults and as a couple) we never really slowed down to enjoy the environments. This last time was the first time we went for a "short" stay, only 4 days so we knew we weren't going to hit every park so we actually decided to randomly go to Disney Springs (as it will be officially called shortly) and it was amazing, I know it has changed a lot, but it was actually a lot of fun. So now we are only 7 days away from our wedding and honeymoon both in WDW and we are planning to spend more time there just relaxing and wandering through the shops :)

PlaneCrazy1978

Ours was Flights of Wonder in Animal Kingdom. We always rushed past it because I thought it was "just a bird show" and wasn't interested. We have decided to do one attraction in each park when we visit that we have always passed by.
I am so glad we went to that show. It was educational a very entertaining, not just a bird show!!! Can't wait to try the next attraction that we have passed by:)
I'm with you on this one. We always walked by and said "boring!!!" for so many trips, then when we went in, it wasn't so boring.

UpAllNight

So not sure if this counts, but the last 3 times we went (the first 3 times as adults and as a couple) we never really slowed down to enjoy the environments. This last time was the first time we went for a "short" stay, only 4 days so we knew we weren't going to hit every park so we actually decided to randomly go to Disney Springs (as it will be officially called shortly) and it was amazing, I know it has changed a lot, but it was actually a lot of fun. So now we are only 7 days away from our wedding and honeymoon both in WDW and we are planning to spend more time there just relaxing and wandering through the shops :)

Couldn't agree more I'm a huge theme park fan in general, love rides etc but my best days in Disney were days when we probably did the least amount of rides and just soaked it in. Not that a few more ride options would go a miss here and there!

I love how the ambience transforms at Sunset, and certain rides become an altogether different experience. tower of. Terror in the dark....just wow.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Oh boy have I got a lot...

The first time I went on EEA was February '13, and I loved it a lot more than I expected. Also in 2013 I rode ToT for the first time since I was little; it's a lot better when you know what's going on. Last year I rode Splash for the first time in exactly a decade (I'd been skipping it because I didn't want to get wet) and now it's probably my favorite ride in Frontierland, if not all of MK. This past summer I went on PhilharMagic for the first time since I was little and Festival of the Lion King for the first time ever. Since this was my first trip after catching up on Disney movies, I was able to appreciate these attractions many times more than I would have only last year. The song selection in PhilharMagic is spectacular and the show still works despite its dated appearance. As for Festival... being a huge die-hard of TLK, I was completely blown away. Everything about the show is perfect in every way.

Now, the only thing I've yet to do since I was little is a meet & greet. I'll come back to this thread once I get a chance to do one ;)

POLY LOVER

The Hall Of Presidents and American Adventure , I just love the animatronics. I use to skip them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom