Attraction of the Day...Test Track

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Todays Attraction........

Test Track!

What do you like about this attraction?
What don't you like about this attraction?
Notice anything unusual about it lately?
Have a funny or unusual story?

A good attraction in my opinion. It combines the thirlls of a roller coaster with the educational value of a slow ride. THe cars are really neat. And the shows effects get the job done.

I would not wait more than 15 minutes for this ride. It just doesn't seem worth a 30-60 minute wait. Everybody hypes this ride as being spectacular and I dont see what the fuss is about.

"Did you turn off those robots?" "They are off.... now."

Four more days!!!!!

MGM WDWFan

Interestingly enough....Test Track is the place where I stumbled upon the way to beat the FASTPASS system.

My mother and I were just sort of strolling around and we went to the Test Track FASTPASS station. There was nobody there and my mother went to get a soda before picking up the tickets. I decided to take a load off by leaning against the back of one of the FASTPASS dispensers and when she came back, she said that there were already 4 passes dispensed from the machine.

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but it turns out there's a little black button on the back of each machine that spits one out if you push it. You don't have to stick your ticket in or anything so there are no restrictions on how many you can have. Apparently my elbow was striking this button repeatedly. I tested the button out by giving it a few more pushes and lo and behold, it worked! Go figure. I wonder how much Disney would pay me to keep this a secret.....

-MGM

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
Long Lines which I wait
Rain Storm would ruin my day
Crash Dummies are cool

Yes ladies and gentlemen give a big hand for NowInc! Great haiku NowInc.

*adopts a Ed Sulivan voice*

And next on our really big show a little band from Liverpool.........

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I've tried pressing the buttons before, but nothing happened. I think the machine has to be unlocked with a key for it to work, and you just got lucky :).

Back when the ride opened the FIRST time. it made me mad. because it broke down every ten minutes. The first time i rode it it was worth the 50 minute because it was the first time. after that i will not wait more than 20 minutes. unless i am there with someone that never rode it

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by MrNonacho
I've tried pressing the buttons before, but nothing happened. I think the machine has to be unlocked with a key for it to work, and you just got lucky :).

I agree with Mr.nonacho. If this were true by now someone would have posted it on a website and EVERYBODY would have taken advantage of it. Just a fluke.

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I like the ride if it didn't keep breaking down. I was there one night and waited an hour in line because it kept breaking down. Then I finally got on the ride and my car got a flat tire and we were stuck outside while they had to fix it. The first time I went on it the ride was great but after that all the breakdowns that it had it went down on my list of favorite rides.

ToT_fan

Howdy all! I'm a big fan of Test Track. The final speed test is a great rush. I drive faster than that to work every day, but there's something about Test Track that makes it more exciting. Maybe I need to get a convertible... Or drive on more highly banked turns...

JoniTink

I personally give the Test Track 1 1/2 thumbs up.

Likes and dislikes:

I am a huge NASCAR fan so taking the car up on the high banked track at a rather high rate of speed was great fun.....and yes I do drive faster than that everyday......but not at WDW and not on a high banked track in a convertible.

The heat room......wow.....its hot in there.

The chill room......wow...that room was my fav (it was pushing 100 F when we were there)

The abrasive room........did anyone else get that??? Maybe I really am a dumb blonde.....but I didn't get it at all. :hammer:

I HATED the line.......it was horrible......75 minute wait!! And this being our first visit to WDW no one wanted to experience anything alone.....so what did we do.......but wait!!!

I suppose thats about all I have to say about the Test Track. Other than.....they could make the ride longer.......take us around the track a few more times.....get a lil faster each time.......hehehe..like I said.....I'm a huge NASCAR fan!

Rider

I think the story could use some work....

How about: Crash Dummies Get Even?

They wouldn't have to change the ride at all either. Just add new voices and change the "meaning" of all the tests.

goofyfan13

I LOVE test track! one of my favorites. The high speed loop is the best part. I kinda like the break testing too. I hate the rough rode test. The last time I went, there was a computer failure and we got to the second break test (with anti-lock breaks) and we stopped in the middle. The car sped back up and finished the brake sequence.. It was weird.

Bairstow

Hmmm... clever haikus...
Today's might be more tricky
Since I LOVE this ride.

"It's Fun to Be Free."
I miss that song quite a lot.
Sing it loud in queue.

Single rider line
Saves time, but I sit next to
Bawling brat with gas.

Real cars with real tires.
That's what makes Test Track so cool.
Unique Attraction.

This ride's supposed to
Promote safe cars and driving.
Screens in car's dash safe?

Abbrasive spray room
It's just some lame water mist.
Wastes my time and yours.

Ye Gods! A Mac truck!!!
It looks like those dummies crashed.
Now it's our car's turn.

60 Mph.
You wouldn't think it'd seem fast.
But compared to queue...

agdbeanie

It's a fun ride, but the fastpass thing doesn't really work all that great. There is a long winding wait for fastpass as well as for regular entrance. The last time I went I waited in the fastpass line for 30 minutes. This still wasn't as long as the standby entrance, but considering that I got my fastpass first thing in the morning and the return time was still 7pm--this was annoying. I love this ride, but only when I don't have to wait for it. I also like how they constantly change the new cars in the exit area before the gift shop. That's cool. I haven't been on those new things they installed out there yet...the one's that look like virtual reality but the disclaimer says they aren't or something like that. Somehow I just don't get the urge to wait in another long line only 7 or 8 minutes after getting through one.
Did anyone else notice the hidden mickey that is in the ride pictures at Test Track. I didn't notice it until the second time I went through. It's the ropes on the right side of the picture.

GGG1

A good ride but definitely not worth a long wait. I have seen estimated wait times of 2+ hours, no thank you. Unfortunately when it does rain they have to shut it down. And also if there is a mechanical problem they tend to clear out the ride and give all of those people fast pass re-entries and ultimately have to shut off the fast pass system.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And also if there is a mechanical problem they tend to clear out the ride and give all of those people fast pass re-entries
I was wating to enter one EE visit when it concked out, it was after our fasr pass time when they got it back up so we went for another fastpass. As I was doing this my wife was speaking to a CM who said the Fastpasses were still valid. Result 2 rides as a family in an hour.
I live near a real test track (Jaguar) and if some on this board think Disney get funny about cameras they should try visiting here. Area 51 has nothing on thes guys.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Test Track is a great attraction. I've heard from all over about constant breakdowns and waits for it, but on my last visit back in Sept. it didn't break down once, and the lines to get on it were as short as possible. I think, though, that TT could use a boost in speed. This 65 mph just doesn't cut it and certainly doesn't even feel that fast.

DisneyHog6

I gotta say, I dig Test Track. It's not my favorite, but I still think it's cool. I can remember being so excited to ride it for the first time and when we got there, it still wasn't finished yet because of all the problems they had with it in the beginning. We had to wait until our next trip to ride it.

You know, if I had known about WDW message boards back then, I might have known that Test Track wasn't finished before I got down there. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom