Attraction of the Day... Haunted Mansion

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I thought I would start a series of posts on different attractions. Try to bring a little more variety to the boards.

Todays attraction:
The Haunted Mansion

What is your opinion of the Haunted Mansion? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? Have a funny or strange story about it? Please share with us!

I totaly love the Haunted Mansion. It just gives me an eerie feeling when ever I am inside the building. The musty smell. The creepy music. The cold dark atmosphere. Its just great.

What I dislike about it:

Some cast members don't play their part. Some do. I remember about 10 years ago every time I went in the CM would try to scare someone or just stare at them. I havent see this behavior lately. It really adds to the attraction. Also I dont like how they painted a face on the bride in the attic. She used to have no face and just glowing eyes. Now she has a green face and is smiling. Whats up with that?

Has anybody tired to find the ring in the pavement near the exit?

What about you??

Hurry back, hurrrryyy bbbaaackkk............

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I hate that it seems my visits to WDW come only 8 years apart. One of my must-see attractions when I get there is the Haunted Mansion. I never thought it was all that creepy before, but during this last visit in September, I paid more attention and can further appreciate the efforts the imagineers went to in creating a somewhat chilling experience. It's certainly not scary, of course, but it's well-themed and is a pretty relaxing ride. I enjoy the changing portrait of the Ghost Host and the hanging body from the ceiling. It's a must-see ride for me.

GoofyMike29

I Love the Haunted Mansion too.
My funny story goes like this...
One time my older brother, my best friend and myself were waiting in line to go on the Haunted mansion. After tha part where the room expands my brother said lets just run and beat everyone to the head of the line. We were all game for that idea. As soon as the doors opened up we ra and beat everyone to the ride. And the man behind us was saying something like" You three butted, and you are rude" =something to that extent. Anyway it turns out that the guy behind was Kenny Rogers the country singer. We alljust started to laugh

Now that I read over this it is not that funny. I guess you had to be there

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well you "gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run"

Sorry I just had to write that.

I also agree that its not scary. Well not anymore for myself. But when I was 3 years old It was very scarry. And that is my 1st memory of WDW. Way back in '79.

Mr. Toad

The Haunted Mansion is by far my favorite attraction anywhere. I have always loved this ride and go on it multiple times whenever I go to WDW.

Just about everything. The theming is fantastic. The music is perfect. The little statue at the end saying "Come baaaack..." used to give me the creeps when I was a kid.

Dislikes:
I agree about the bride. I prefered the way she used to look. That is probably my only complaint.

The last time I was there (August 2000) they CMs were definately in character. The guy at the loading zone peeked around the edge of the doom buggy on my side trying to scare us and my wife laughed at him. As we got towards the end of the loading zone my wife sees him peek around her side of the doom buggy and I guess she wasn't expecting it because she gave a startled yelp. It was hilarious to see him get her like that. And the best part is that he never gave a hint of a smile.

njchris65

I love this ride. My favorite part is the head talking, the dancing ghosties and the ghost sitting with us in the car. :lol:

Last year, the CM burst out of the doors scaring a couple guys near the front. One of them spilled his drink when he jumped! haha

:)

stingrock23

The Haunted Mansion is one of my all time favorite rides. Nothing beats the musty smell as the mansion doors open and you wander through the hallway into the stretching room. It is themed so well, and I love listening to the ghost host's narration throughout the ride. It's just a classic.

TURKEY

I may be working there this summer. It fits my personality quite well. I've got a deep voice, my facial expression seems to be unhappy most of the time and can deadpan most anything that has to do with the HM.

Its just a great ride. I love it all and don't really have any dislikes.

Mr. Toad

I wish that there was more time to see the changing painting in the entryway. I hate when you get rushed right into the stretching room. Sometime I try to hang back to watch the painting while the others go in.

jcmayid

HM kicks butt, I love it and make it a stop everytime we go to WDW, even when we don't plan on visiting MK, I always seperate at least 2 hours to hop over to MK and get the feel of HM and PoC.

disney_nutter

To sum this up quickly i love the haunted masion it is one of my favourite rides sorry it is my favourite ride. I think the story and the themeing to it is top class and the castmembers really add to the atsmosphere of it. I also love reading about the way the effects are done i can remeber going there for the first time and guessing how they were done.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by happy snapper
Sorry, but I think its pants.
OOOOPPS is that toooooo negative, well hush my mouth:zipit:

Ummmmm right. Am I missing something here?

Pants is such a funny word :lol:

Erika

Originally posted by Sansaarai

I also agree that its not scary. Well not anymore for myself. But when I was 3 years old It was very scarry. And that is my 1st memory of WDW. Way back in '79.

Tee hee, that was my first trip too. We went in June and I turned 3 that July. And I still remember it!!

Erika

Sorry, I wrote a half-post :lol:

My favorite parts are the music, the CMs, and the ballroom. The whole ride overall is so well put-together. I also like the building itself.

...humming The Gambler in my head...

Originally posted by Sansaarai

Finally someone caught on!!!!!

:lol:

I qoute that song almost dialy "you never cout you money when your sittin at the table..." as my players count their ever dwindling stacks :drevil:

Back to the topic at hand.....THe Haunted Mansion is one of my favourites. I've it both at WDW and DL and it just gets more and more fun....A funny story, on my first trip to the "World" it was I beleive 1984 or '83, i went with my small church's youth group. and we had a kid with us, he was 12, who was terrified of the Mansion....we kidded hime that Litte Leota was gonna be coming hoome with us, and he beleived us :lol: Oh what fun we had.

Only 168 days to go!

GrinningGhost

Haunted Mansion is number one in my books - definately my all time fave. Of all the classic attractions, this one has stood the test of time.

For anyone who's interested in the Haunted Mansion, here's a great website dedicated to the ride:

http://www.doombuggies.com

And with thanks to Tigggrl, here's a website where you can receive your very own death certificate, and discover the history behind every single ghoul in the mansion:

http://members.aol.com/HtdMsn/gallery.html

Happy Haunting
:D

G G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom