Attraction Maintenance After Reopening?

muddyrivers

You’d have thought it would be a company wide thing but even before lockdown I found show quality to be far superior in Paris and Anaheim. Paris was a big welcome surprise in particular.

Do you think the added "love" for Paris came after it got a large injection of money and care and now the thought is it is cheaper to maintain it rather than let it fall apart again?

I remember there would be tons of posts on here not that long ago about how DLP is basically falling apart, paint is completely worn away from structures, etc.

I wonder if this is just one of those things that happens in cycles.

Lilofan

You’d have thought it would be a company wide thing but even before lockdown I found show quality to be far superior in Paris and Anaheim. Paris was a big welcome surprise in particular.
When I read in the forums about in-house fighting with Engineering, WDI, Operations within the domestic parks, how can Asia, Europe and USA be on the same page?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you think the added "love" for Paris came after it got a large injection of money and care and now the thought is it is cheaper to maintain it rather than let it fall apart again?

I remember there would be tons of posts on here not that long ago about how DLP is basically falling apart, paint is completely worn away from structures, etc.

I wonder if this is just one of those things that happens in cycles.
Early to mid 2000’s Paris was hit and miss. 2012 there was an improvement but in 2019 we were so impressed we were meant to return this year. I’ve talked about it in the DLP sub forum but the quality was exemplary and the best we’ve seen. If this was a result of ownership I don’t know. There is certainly a greater sense of pride with DLP as a resort than I’ve felt before. Despite being wholly owned now it still has a nice feel of being not under direct Burbank control.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Earlier today I saw a few seconds of video from Dinosaurs reopening. The triceratops and the dino-eating-dino animatronics were both broken and not moving. I stopped watching at this point.

Disney doesn't care.

NelleBelle

DLR definitely has a better maintained park overall. Our last visit had all the animatronics working on IASW and Splash (a rarity lately at WDW). The park is always clean and we don’t tend to see the paint chipping off of rides, etc.

NickMaio

Earlier today I saw a few seconds of video from Dinosaurs reopening. The triceratops and the dino-eating-dino animatronics were both broken and not moving. I stopped watching at this point.

Disney doesn't care.
Awe come on...........
That ride was so awesome......
Last time we rode it you could not see much all the bulbs were either very dim or broken.

Raineman

Disney doesn't care.
No, they don't care about their cash cow in Orlando-this wouldn't happen at the "hallowed ground" in Anaheim. This whole narrative is getting very tiring, where DLR is held up on a pedestal and WDW is the redheaded stepchild.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
No, they don't care about their cash cow in Orlando-this wouldn't happen at the "hallowed ground" in Anaheim. This whole narrative is getting very tiring, where DLR is held up on a pedestal and WDW is the redheaded stepchild.

I completely understand why they'd put a priority on social distancing measures and safety over show quality at this time.. but this is a complaint I've had prior to the 2020 closure. Disneyland usually looks good (the stuff that isn't destroyed by prioritized IP advertisement ideas, that is) but WDW felt dated and sorta uncared for.

I mean again, they have a priority to change Splash Mountain and bring in Frozen & ratatouille & GotG & Tron, but not to fix the blatantly incorrect audio timing on ToT, one of the best attractions ever created? Or improve the carnatourus on dino? Repaint the BTMRR Trains!?

Speaking of which, from the videos I saw, I also noticed the ram on the 2nd lift hill didn't make any noise and the final lift hill scene wasnt working. I mean really what else am I'm missing?

I had fun when I went last year but from a DL veterans POV, the lack of care is very noticeable. A knowledgable CM I talked to said Universal takes better care of their stuff.

On another note, does anyone know why the people mover is inoperable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom