Attn: Ladies!

kybred72

What do you carry your female needs in (i.e. chapstick, sunglasses, hygiene products, etc? I want something functional yet stylish and therefore won't be wearing a fannypack :hurl: No offense to those who wear them but looking for other alternatives. So, what do you use?

Thanks!

27 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:

Kristamouse

Before my diaper bag day I found a cute black bag from Le Sac. It had a super long strap for wearing across the body. Shellie Crossbody is the closest thing I could find on thier web site. My style is older but same look. It holds a few waterbottles, phone, girly needs, small sun block, small sanatizer, DH's gum and phone, sunglasses etc. I also like being able to hang hoodies for when I get chilly on rides/show/resturants...
Great quality too, mine is in great shape still.

Upvote 0
I prefer not to carry anything except Key to the Magic card, ID, and some cash in an ID case w/ straps around my neck and my iPhone in back pocket. But if I were carrying a bag though, I'd use my small crossbody purse. I also like using Piazza Day Bag by eBags. This one carry LOTS of stuff. It even has a little pocket for a water bottle!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have no idea why I opened this thread, but I feel like that kid in middle school who climbs a tree and looks through the window of the all girls sleepover. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I have an assortment of small bags that I only carry at WDW. My favorites are the 2 that I made. They're so perfect. They're the same bag in 2 different fabrics w/different embellishments. See?

photo-2.jpg

This is the one I like bestest:

photo-3.jpg

They have a little velcro tab closure to hold shut. Inside is enough space for the bare essentials and 2 pockets to hold KttW card & id.

photo-4.jpg

It was a very simple pattern that I made these from. I'm sure I altered it somewhat to fit my needs. Like the pockets weren't part of the pattern. I remember bustin' out an old KttW to make sure I had the slots perfect. They're made to be worn cross-body.

100_1303.jpg

The best thing about these bags is how fast you can breeze thru the bag check with them. Walk up, hold it open, and done. No unzipping compartments, digging stuff out to open up, shifting things around, etc. Very simple. Cute. Machine washable. And when you sit down on attractions or to eat you don't even have to take them off. Just shift the little bag forward into your lap and you're set.

:wave:

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

I have no idea why I opened this thread, but I feel like that kid in middle school who climbs a tree and looks through the window of the all girls sleepover. :lookaroun

^^ This is hilarious lol :ROFLOL:

To answer the question though, I use a draw string back pack as well, its not too big so i cant over fill it and make it hard on the shoulders to carry all day...i got it in WDW last year and will probably use it again this year!!

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

What do you carry your female needs in (i.e. chapstick, sunglasses, hygiene products, etc? I want something functional yet stylish and therefore won't be wearing a fannypack :hurl: No offense to those who wear them but looking for other alternatives. So, what do you use?

Thanks!

27 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:

I have mentioned in a previous thread that I have a "Disney trip wallet". Well, I have a "Disney trip bag" too :lookaroun. Here she is:

DSC00607.jpg

Sorry, I cropped and resized to zoom in but when I copied and pasted it decided not to cooperate.

I have used this bag on every Disney trip for the last 5+ years... which equates to about 15 trips or so. It is water resistant with an adjustable strap and rather cute as well. It has several pockets so items that I use often have a certain spot, I can grab for them without rummaging through my purse. I usually swing it around my backside when we are walking and then slide it around to the front when I need something.

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

I have an assortment of small bags that I only carry at WDW. My favorites are the 2 that I made. They're so perfect. They're the same bag in 2 different fabrics w/different embellishments. See?

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

They have a little velcro tab closure to hold shut. Inside is enough space for the bare essentials and 2 pockets to hold KttW card & id.

photo-4.jpg

It was a very simple pattern that I made these from. I'm sure I altered it somewhat to fit my needs. Like the pockets weren't part of the pattern. I remember bustin' out an old KttW to make sure I had the slots perfect. They're made to be worn cross-body.

100_1303.jpg

The best thing about these bags is how fast you can breeze thru the bag check with them. Walk up, hold it open, and done. No unzipping compartments, digging stuff out to open up, shifting things around, etc. Very simple. Cute. Machine washable. And when you sit down on attractions or to eat you don't even have to take them off. Just shift the little bag forward into your lap and you're set.

OMG.... love them!! I also like the the cross-body style (What I use.... see my previous post). They are very convenient!!

Upvote 0

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

100_1303.jpg

So cute! So creative! Love it :)
When are you starting your Etsy shop? ;)

Upvote 0

MissM

Super cute bags, sweetpee!

I have several smaller bags I've collected over the years. One I got at Epcot actually in the Japan shop. It's a simple rectangular crossbody style with moon bunnies on it. (That's when I want to go minimal.)

When I have more things to carry, I have a simple small backpack style purse that I wear but which holds a decent amount. Got it at like Ross or something like that.

Upvote 0

Sarabell

sweetpee :lookaroun can you make me one of the little colored squares one and I´ll buy it from you?? :p

I LOVE IT!!! and the little mickey made with buttons... (sigh) it was love at first sight!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! That means a lot! Actually, y'all are sorta kickin' me in the pants because I started a new bag months ago but haven't gone back to finish it. I should! And while I'm at it, maybe if I get some free time (likely after my upcoming super-trip) I'll make some more of my cross-body bags from my huge Disney fabric stash and start a little something on Etsy. Lord knows we can put the $$ to good use with all the repairs to the hubby's truck this week. The little bags I was thinking of slightly increasing the size & modifying the strap to an adjustable one. Hhhmmm...food for thought! Thank you!

MissM! Do you remember a couple years ago the little backpacks, bags, and wallets they did that looked like Vera Bradley's but they had Mickeys all in them? I got so lucky and caught the pink backpack and wallet on clearance on one of our trips (I wanna say it was May 08). That set has been a staple for me for years. I've washed both pieces numerous times and aired them dry. Great set! ((BTW, I haven't commented on your thread but I've been keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Hang in there, girl. You're gonna be a-okay. :animwink:))

Upvote 0

Raven66

sweetpee-love the bags. Those are really cute. If you start selling them, let us know!

I carry stuff I need in my camera case. It has several zippered compartments. I have to go thru security, but no biggie. I have the camera around my neck so it just takes a second for them to look thru it.

Upvote 0

stitch8834

I agree with the last few posts - sweetpee those bags are so cute and you should sell them. Would love to buy one.

I carry a stitch backpack in the parks. He's a 2' plush stitch with a single pocket. He holds everything i need, is easy to carry, easy to check at security and gets a great response from caracters, espically stitch.

62 days to go:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I carry a zipper top bag, wearing it across my shoulder (frees my hands) and has plenty of room for my camera, wallet, phone etc. Not too big, but big enough to put a small bag in or snack. I use it on all vacations and I got it from Walmart.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom