Attention: Disney Store CMs

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
I have been thinking about part time work at a local Disney store. Any CMs willing to offer experiences and answer some questions?
I know it doesn't pay well but what type of perks are offered? A friend manages one of our local stores and I plan on calling her also - but thought I'd ask my Magic friends for their opinions.

Thanks!

Pioneer Hall

I work at a Disney Store part time, and I have to say that it isn't a bad retail job. Your experience at the store will vary though depending on your management team and fellow CM's. I personally like my job and probably wouldn't trade it in for a different retail job.

I get paid 7 dollars an hour (started at that). The benefits are good though. You get 20% off all Disney Store purchases and most other company purchases (used my discount at the ESPN Zone the other night) You get 4 comp tickets a year and resort discounts.

Overall the job is good, but you need to remember that it is a job and isn't always *magical*. Have fun with your choice though and keep us updated.

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Thanks for the response - I'm really not looking for a job for the money, just wanted to know what discounts CMs get and I love being in the store. We have several in this area and I have a few friends working in them. One is managed by a friend and I would probably go to that one to apply. I definitely want part time though and would prefer days. Guess the best thing to do is try.
Thanks again! I'll keep you posted!

SnowWhite5669

If I had posted a few days ago I would have had a different opinon than today. But DisneyInsider is right it totally depends on the management and other cast members. My suggestion is to not go to the store where your friend is the manager. Believe it is better to keep the relationships seperate! It can get sticky when managers become friends. Now on the other hand some of my best friends are cast members and I wouldn't change that for anything. It's hard work at times (moves, shipment, CHRISTMAS!!) but the perks are great. I've been with Disney for 4 years and love it but there are those times when you want to :brick: . Ok- have I rambled enough- go for it and enjoy the perks!! Your discount goes up to 35% after 3 years!!! :sohappy:

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
SnowWhite5669 said:
If I had posted a few days ago I would have had a different opinon than today. But DisneyInsider is right it totally depends on the management and other cast members. My suggestion is to not go to the store where your friend is the manager. Believe it is better to keep the relationships seperate! It can get sticky when managers become friends. Now on the other hand some of my best friends are cast members and I wouldn't change that for anything. It's hard work at times (moves, shipment, CHRISTMAS!!) but the perks are great. I've been with Disney for 4 years and love it but there are those times when you want to :brick: . Ok- have I rambled enough- go for it and enjoy the perks!! Your discount goes up to 35% after 3 years!!! :sohappy:

Good Point Snow White! It's probably not a great idea to work for a friend - that way she won't expect any favors and neither will I. Just go to work and get the job done. Do you know if they hire "older" people - I'm not that old but I'm no kid either (just think like one!).

Captain Hank

I am a seasonal CM at my local Disney Store. I just started at the beginning of this summer and I have enjoyed the experience. I really didn't get the best pay or hours, but it was great being a Disney Cast Member. I was doing it more for the experience than anything, since it was my very first job. The perks are pretty good, though I only used my discount a few times. I also have encountered some...interesting :rolleyes: people shopping there, but that probably comes with any retail job. I would recommend looking into joining the cast, but I would also advise you to not work at the store where your friend is a manager. Hope this helps.

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Thanks hcwalker! All feedback is welcomed - I've been reading in other threads about the Children Place coming in. Hope this doesn't change the "flavor" of the stores too much. What have you heard?

Captain Hank

I don't really know much about that, and what I know I'm probably not allowed to say. But I have heard that it is a very reputable chain. Also, it will always be the Disney name above the door.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom