Atlantis resort thru RCI

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
I need help with this one. Some friends of our who are fellow DVC'rs are telling me that the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas is part of the RCI exchange program and we can book there. She said it was part of the concierges program. I have looked high and low both in the DVC book for 2009-2010 and online and don't see it listed anywhere. Am I missing it or is my friend higher than a kite?:shrug:

jeffk410

ok. first off. Yes DVC can now sort of use RCI and vise versa. There are TONS of rules that apply... But on another note I am not sure atlantis is part of RCI.. So I would double check if I were you. but goodluck.. it really is hard

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
I'm familiar with the exchange program, using it in Vegas for a couple of nights. But it's really the Atlantis Resort I'm interested in. We were planning a group vacation there and using my DVC points could potentually save us some big time dollars.

jeffk410

Are you positive atlantis is RCI, because we Own numerous RCI ownerships and I just looked everywhere and it does not show it is an RCI resort.

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
My friends insist it is but personally I don't think so. I guess I'm looking for someone to confirm my suspicions.

dreamscometrue

Atlantis used to be available to DVC members when we were affiliated with Interval International, not RCI. BTW, people I know who went there said that it is crazy expensive; not so much the rooms, but food, drinks, tips, etc. They spent so much more than they ever dreamed they would and will never go back. You might want to find out more about this from people who've been there.

luvlifeinfl

The above posters are correct that Atlantis is not through RCI, there are only 2 locations through RCI that are part of our DVC points that are in the Bahama's.

The 1st is Paradise Island beach resort.

http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/paradise-island-beach-club/

The 2nd is Taino Beach resort-
http://www.tainobeach.com/Ritz.html

My & husband and i debated on going to the bahama's in the past through DVC but when calling you have to pay the 95.00 the search charge for your date, I believe through Interval it was only 75.00, any way we were unsure how the package would work since i looked at the Bahama's website and there are daily surge charges for just being on the island,

I have been told by others that have visted the Island the food is vey expensive, and that being that everything is imported into the Island.

The Mom

Premium Member
Atlantis is incredibly expensive, and makes WDW look like a real bargain, even staying deluxe.

We haven't been in over 10 years, but back then a can of coke was $5, the same as a beer. (Guess which one I chose? ;)) There used to be a grocery across the bridge, but it was still expensive.

littlestar

Harborside Atlantis is no longer available to DVC members since its affiliated exchange company is Interval International. DVC no longer trades with Interval. DVC switched to RCI last year as their trade partner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom