At what point is there a group discount?

MichRX7

Premium Member
We are planning another trip down, and I was wondering at what point does Disney see it in their interest to give a group discount? I had once heard a rumor that blocking 8 rooms would include a group discount, but I never followed up on it.

Can anyone in the know help out here?

At what point is there a group discount (or discounts by group size)?
Is there a special # to call outside of the standard reservation line?
Does the entire group have to stay in the same resort?
What is the normal discount(s) for group size(s)?

We always go with a decent size group (25-30 people), but I think this year might be MUCH larger.

Thanks!

Disneyfalcon

Hi MichRX7!

Group travel starts at 10 rooms. There are sometimes great discounts for group travel. I saw a group travel rate at AKL concierge for a huge discount! The discounts vary so it's hard to give an exact rate.

There are small discounts on tickets as well as rooms.

If you'd like to work with a travel agent, we handle large groups like that all the time. We are very good at coordinating everything for you and we know the ins and outs of group travel.:)

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

What kind of group? I'm assuming a family/leisure group? If so, call 800-327-2989. Room discounts start at 10 rooms, and there generally aren't any ticket discounts, or ticket discounts tend to be very small, unless you're a youth group (read: school), here for a convention, or sports team competing.

BUT you could certainly get a room discount. Keep in mind that group discounts operate a bit differently. Their are set rates throughout the year or "contracted rates". Those rates will not change. But regular reservations may offer sales every once in a while, and you may find a 'sale' rate is better than the group price. But the group price is consistently lower than any non-sale rates.

Hope that helps,

We are planning another trip down, and I was wondering at what point does Disney see it in their interest to give a group discount? I had once heard a rumor that blocking 8 rooms would include a group discount, but I never followed up on it.

Can anyone in the know help out here?

At what point is there a group discount (or discounts by group size)?
Is there a special # to call outside of the standard reservation line?
Does the entire group have to stay in the same resort?
What is the normal discount(s) for group size(s)?

We always go with a decent size group (25-30 people), but I think this year might be MUCH larger.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom