At What Age Does Disney World Lose It's Appeal To Children?

JBAAR Family

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney for our family. We are having a hard time deciding when it's a good time to go. I was thinking when our children are 5, 7, and 11. Will my 11 year old daughter still enjoy the trip at that age? If we do it earlier, will the youngest remember the trip? I think with him being 5, we'll get more enjoyment out of it because we wont be heading back to the hotel for naps in the middle of the day.

luv

For many kids, around age 13-15, they are too old and too cool for Disney. Many still like Uni, though. it seems to grow with them. :)

Upvote 0

Tonka's Skipper

Almost all kids love Disney, right thought to old age. The Disney Magic and pixie dust becomes part of you. Never yet found a kid that was to cool for Disney.

Somehow this love of all things Disney stays with kids, teens and old folks like me all though life, unlike the other thrill parks, this seem to be a passing phase. . I find that even the Potter thing is slowly dying off after a few trips.

Upvote 0
We went when my DD was 8 and 10 years old, but then we did not go back until she was 14 or 15 and we have been every year since, sometimes twice a year. She is now 30 and still goes with us, but she gets her own room. She has even done some solo trips. Prior boyfriends and the current boyfriend are not interested in going, so know we have to find her one that loves WDW as much as her. LOL!!

Upvote 0

Gurt

I went at 9, 10 and 12, and loved it everytime, when we went on the age 12 trip I hit Main St took one look at the castle and started sobbing uncontrolably, my very concerned mum and dad says 'Gurt what's wrong, why are you crying'? through sobs I managed to get out 'Im so happy'! I am 26 now and we are going back in September for the first time since I was 12 and this time I will be sobbing just as hard because I will be just as happy!

But on the other hand around the same time we where going all those years ago my best friends mum and dad took her and her older brother (the trip was a supprise) and they all didn't like it and didn't get the whole magic and pixie dust of it all. (mad people I know)!

Upvote 0
I'm 17, and I've never stopped loving Disney. I've been going to the Disneyland since I was 4 months old, and it hasn't lost its appeal yet. After begging my parents endlessly forever (they give in quite easily since they're Disney dorks too), my third WDW trip is coming up in 23 days!
I think if you present it the right way, there is something for everyone. In my early teens I defiantly went through the thrill seeking phase where all I wanted to do was the fast rides, but now I'm comfortable with just appreciating the magic. Not that I don't enjoy the occasional trip to the Hollywood Tower Hotel... or not so occasional.

Upvote 0

g--force

We took our DD for the first time in 2012 when she was 13. We're going back in Feb 2014 and she will be 15. Every day she reminds me how many months, days, hours, and minutes until our flight leaves! I'm sure it depends on the person/child but for many, I think the answer to your question is never! :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Matt817

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney for our family. We are having a hard time deciding when it's a good time to go. I was thinking when our children are 5, 7, and 11. Will my 11 year old daughter still enjoy the trip at that age? If we do it earlier, will the youngest remember the trip? I think with him being 5, we'll get more enjoyment out of it because we wont be heading back to the hotel for naps in the middle of the day.
I am in my teens and I haven't gone through a single phase of not enjoying Disney, and I have also gone more times to Disney than how old I am.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We took our DD for the first time in 2012 when she was 13. We're going back in Feb 2014 and she will be 15. Every day she reminds me how many months, days, hours, and minutes until our flight leaves! I'm sure it depends on the person/child but for many, I think the answer to your question is never! :joyfull:
Welcome aboard!

Upvote 0

agorna

I'm 23.. been going to Disney every year since I was 16... and I still stand a gwak at the castle everytime I see it.. even brings tears to my eyes when it's all lit up at night.. I don't think Disney loses it's appeal .. you just simply have different experiences as you get older

Upvote 0
I was a thirty eight year old when I first hit WDW with my husband and five year old daughter in tow. It made me feel like a big kid again and brought a level of excitement out in me that I had not experienced in years. I'll be sixty next year and returning in October for my nineteenth visit with my daughter who is now twenty six years old. It takes a certain amount of commitment and expense to undertake that many trips from the UK but we're hooked. It's the best holiday in the world. It will never lose it appeal for us, ever....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom