At WDW now... Need this at DL pls

dweezil78

Original Poster
I bought Dole Whip on my phone among other QSR meals around property. Lines? What lines?? Going to miss this when I get home!

Also, I hate that we have no swirl option!!!

F16E6937-EB67-448B-B842-E0899F7B7D0B.png

dweezil78

Original Poster
Looks like they got rid of Lighthouse (hummus) and kept the Anchors Away (tuna) — is that the one you mean? I usually go for the Lobster Roll.

I’m digging the (relatively) new Mexican menu at Pecos Bill. The fact that they offer free guac at the topping bar is kind of mind blowing when you consider that stuff is nearly the price of gold back in Cali!!!

dweezil78

Original Poster
Indeed. The lighthouse was shockingly discontinued. Anchors is still better than the sandwiches at DL, but not the better of the two.

Thanks for the tip! Thoughts on the state of WDW’s HM? It’s crazy how much darker it is inside than DL since the lightning levels aren’t messed with for NBC! Maybe even a little too dark?! I love it though, I feel like it has a slightly more sinister vibe to it somehow. Bummed DL still doesn’t have the stretching room audio upgrade after all these years!

George Lucas on a Bench

Aside from some unique charming elements like the fireplace and the piano ghost on the floor, and the novelty of it always being the "classic" version, WDW's HM doesn't measure up to DL's. Their stretching rooms are terrible. It's not as tall and they barely show the skeleton. I don't like the audio, either.

Also, I preferred the old Pecos Bill toppings bar where you could make free salads and enjoy unlimited grilled mushrooms.

dweezil78

Original Poster
Aside from some unique charming elements like the fireplace and the piano ghost on the floor, and the novelty of it always being the "classic" version, WDW's HM doesn't measure up to DL's. Their stretching rooms are terrible. It's not as tall and they barely show the skeleton. I don't like the audio, either.

Also, I preferred the old Pecos Bill toppings bar where you could make free salads and enjoy unlimited grilled mushrooms.

Yeah, I definitely noticed WDW seems less into showing a suicide in their HM haha. It’s literally over in a flash. Kind of amazing either version still exists today tbh.

The stretching rooms have always been weird here as they are not elevators and stretch upwards/less. I love the directional audio and added fx though.

The on-ride part to me is near identical other than IMO mostly better lighting. Also, as much as I like walking down the portrait hall in DL, I also love the warped, distorted angle of it on-ride at WDW. They’re both great.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm surprised those benches are even still around. At WDW, they've removed so much of the chintz and charm. They've basically de-charmed it, so an element like the crude piano ghost sticks out even more.

BD-Anaheim

I've always preferred to WDW version, mostly for aesthetic reasons. I find the HM exterior more imposing and mysterious, it's placement also superior where it lies along the ROA. The DL HM has nice charm as a part of NOS, otherwise it's never really impressed me. The bottlenecks getting into critter country don't help matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom