At Saratoga Springs Right Now!!!

FireChiefGoofy

After many months of planning, we have finally made to our first trip as DVC owners at SSR. We purchased points at BLT, but had to change to a 2BR at SSR early in the summer. This place is beautiful. We are in the Springs section right next to High Rocks Pool, the Carriage House and the dining options, and the bus stop. We have our own car with us, so we will not be utilizing Disney transportation all that much.

Food and Wine at Epcot was crazy full of people yesterday. The crowds thinned out today, and we are headed to the Magic Kingdom a little later on to take advantage of EMH. DAK and DHS tomorrow and MNSSHP Thursday night.

Crystal clear skies and highs in the mid-80's makes thing all that much better. We will keep you posted with any further updates. Off to the pool!!!:wave:

dreamscometrue

Welcome Home! ;-)

Hope you enjoy your stay at SSR. Our home resort is AKL, but we really enjoyed our stay in 2008 at SSR.

Looking forward to getting your updates from 'The World'. :wave:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Ahh thats our "Home" too!! We were there in August, love it there!!! Have a great trip , ooh and have some buffalo chicken flatbread pizza for me while at SSR....Its So good!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Could you experienced people tell me....how long of a walk is it from the lobby to Downtown Disney....TRex Restaurant to be specific??? Thanks!!!:slurp:

I could do it alone within 15 minutes easily (probably around 12), but if that's your family with you in your avatar pic, assume 20. We've always stayed in the Congress Park section, and I'd occasionally get breakfast or dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express - which I believe is fairly close to T-Rex - for my family and bring it back to the room. It would be about a 10 minute walk from there, one way (BTW, if you get WPE's number and call ahead, they'll box your order "to go" and have it ready for you before you get there).

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

I could do it alone within 15 minutes easily (probably around 12), but if that's your family with you in your avatar pic, assume 20. We've always stayed in the Congress Park section, and I'd occasionally get breakfast or dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express - which I believe is fairly close to T-Rex - for my family and bring it back to the room. It would be about a 10 minute walk from there, one way (BTW, if you get WPE's number and call ahead, they'll box your order "to go" and have it ready for you before you get there).

Dam Slappy!!! Took the words right out of my mouth!!! Us staying at Congress Park and all! But yeah its not a long walk at all....Even better when your walking back with icecream from Ghiridelli's!!

Upvote 0
I need to change my profile pictures....those two little girls in the front??? 17 and 15 now! :eek: ....and let it be said....all those family Disney trips were worth every penny we spent.

Upvote 0

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Good for you! Enjoy your stay there. We make it a point to stay at SSR at least once a year! It is hands down my favorite DVC Resort!

Upvote 0

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Another great day at WDW. More beautiful weather to enjoy more of the F&W Festival. We ate so much today we almost needed to be rolled out of the park.

Started in Future World with Mission: Space, Test Track, etc. Then at 11 AM, we were first in line for the famous Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. It was a free for all after that. For anyone attending in the comiong weeks, I highly recommend the Coq au Vin and the milk chocolate creme brulee, the lobster and scollop fisherman's pie at Ireland, and any different type of "adult beverage" you can get your hands on. Everything is great! I haven't hit the new booths yet (Hawaii and the Caribbean), but they are definately on the list for the week.

Made it back to SSR to freshen up and head over to DTD. It was unusually busy, but we managed to meet up with some friends that live in the area and enjoy a meal at Wolfgang Puck Express.

We took our god daughter to World of Disney and as always, bought anything she wanted.

So for now, we are just hanging in our villa with friends with squirt watching Tangled. Off to bed soon for a split day tomorrow at DHS and DAK. I've been craving Flame Tree BBQ since we got here.

More to come!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom