Assorted Small Animal Kingdom Updates

Magic Feather

Original Poster
If there is one thing I have learned, it is that, sometimes, when nobody else is doing something, you just have to do it for yourself. So, when my inquiry as to the UP Diwali show, as well as others inquiries about construction around the park, fell on unresponsive ears, I decided to take things into my own hands...

UP! A Great Bird Adventure- Diwali Edition
There is now a brief Preshow utilizing the radio gag used at the beginning. As a trainer comes out to set up bird seed, a chicken keeps changing the radio to play an Indian-inspired arrangement of Rockin’ Robin.
2BC9C0C6-9134-47F6-A3C0-01F5830AE9E5.jpeg

The Diwali show itself replaces the initial monologue, as Anika now explains the meaning of Diwali. She carries out a symbolic candle initially, and the dance is now framed as a traditional dance for Diwali.
8C4360AD-32E3-4922-84CC-3EC423851F1D.jpeg
The stage is decorated with extra marigolds and lanterns, which is also commented on. Diwali gets a few casual mentions throughout the show as well.

(As an aside, the rewrite flows much better)

Upcountry Landing’s Fate
It’s Stroller Parking

Asia Stage Relocation
All that construction next to Upcountry Landing has Completed to reveal a new street stage to replace the stage formerly found in the center of Anandapur.
768BF0AD-1B27-4DD3-866A-B682D42783F0.jpeg
This area is decorated by beautifully carved totems, and new colorful lanterns that brighten the area both during the day and at night. Signs implying a sitar performance surround the stage.

Nemo Entrance Switch Up
Both entrance signs are covered up. The former Fastpass queue is now used as a Standby Queue. Fastpass, likewise, uses the former Standby Entrance.

New Restroom Sign and Artifacts on Pandora
A new restroom sign for the first restroom that guests come across on Pandora was installed, as well as a wide variety of scattered Na’vi Artifacts.
F29C64BD-04D6-4BC2-AAFA-99642E8EF006.jpeg

Ongoing Otter Habitat Refurbishment
The otter habitat refurbishment has now expanded its scope to incorporate the main entrance to the Discovery Island Trails, forcing guests to enter near It’s Tough to be a Bug once again, or continue down the path to the area near the attraction’s exit.
BFF64C98-C6C9-4E2B-AED3-F7311B495267.jpeg
Of note is that the Otterbox logo on the sign has been updated from their old logo to their new logo (unfortunately I do not have a physical image of the previous sign, only a mental one).

New Temporary DVC Kiosk Near Pandora Entrance
466FF559-52BC-4734-A6D4-7E5631FCC492.jpeg

Pochahontas Meet Move and Character Landing Unused
Pocahontas’s Meet and Greet has moved to the path behind the Tree of Life, curiously without a Photopass Photographer.
6D002B3B-7256-4A7A-9EE6-8F37A92EAEF3.jpeg
The Character Landing is currently sitting unused, with no visible construction progresss from the Discovery Island Bridge to the Oasis.
BFAE068F-1290-4361-8B59-05C08356DB22.jpeg

Tiffins and Pizzafari are both here, we swear
3E476A83-C3FD-4BDE-BCB4-51E4608DF13C.jpeg
D5C16102-916F-449D-B643-D68709DAA6E8.jpeg

And so concludes this update of all the little things that really do add up to one big thing.

sedati

If there is one thing I have learned, it is that, sometimes, when nobody else is doing something, you just have to do it for yourself. So, when my inquiry as to the UP Diwali show, as well as others inquiries about construction around the park, fell on unresponsive ears, I decided to take things into my own hands...
Doesn't look like you stayed into the evening, but did you notice a new finish on the walkways in Pandora? There were photos a few months ago showing a small area, but I haven't seen anything of the finished product.
Thanks for the update!

GlacierGlacier

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park.

Anyway, some more info.

Last time I was there, I saw Chip&Dale at the character landing, only two weeks ago. Character landing may just be "Stick anyone here when it's crowded."

Glad to see the construction by Up! Is done. Those were some massive construction areas, as shown in a thread I made a few pages back.

Also, the chicken thing is more than a few months old. It's wonderful, and I love it, but it's been around for a little bit. Not reported on this site, but around.

Thank you for the updates! I especially like the extra Pandora stuff.

Except for the DVC kiosk, of course lol.

Goofyque'

Thank you so much for this great update on my favorite park. Was just trolling for some great pictures and info, and there you were!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Wow. Nice job calling me a furry and degenerate for liking a movie and hoping it gets more representation in the parks. You're totally not being a jerk right now with that oh-so-funny GIF.
I thought both Zootopia and Inside Out were very meh! Saw them both at the theatre with my niece and then totally forgot about them by the time we got to the car.

I have zero issues with you being a strident fan. It’s charming even. And no, I don’t think you’re a “furry”; but even if you were - who the heck cares?!? Just be you, and ignore the haters.

And now if y’all want to make fun of me ... I LOVED The Last Jedi! Saw it in the theatre five times - three of those times BY MYSELF. (Also, I’ve seen Titanic 20 times in the theatre.)

There’s room for everyone on this forum.

Back on topic - thank you @Magic Feather for the updates. AK is such a stunning park.

Disney Maddux

I thought both Zootopia and Inside Out were very meh! Saw them both at the theatre with my niece and then totally forgot about them by the time we got to the car.

I have zero issues with you being a strident fan. It’s charming even. And no, I don’t think you’re a “furry”; but even if you were - who the heck cares?!? Just be you, and ignore the haters.

And now if y’all want to make fun of me ... I LOVED The Last Jedi! Saw it in the theatre five times - three of those times BY MYSELF. (Also, I’ve seen Titanic 20 times in the theatre.)

There’s room for everyone on this forum.

Back on topic - thank you @Magic Feather for the updates. AK is such a stunning park.
1. I heavily disagree, but those are your opinions.

2. THANK YOU! Finally, someone else on these forums that actually accepts me and my love for Zootopia.

3. I love Last Jedi too!

4. UPVOTE!!!

Prototype82

Wait...so they budget cut the amazing performers of Chakranadi...but now we have a permanent stage with signs for a sitar performance?(signage that I’d love to get a glimpse of.) Color me surprised that Asia is finally getting music again... Perhaps some gradual budget cut reversals will be on the way?

These updates are greatly appreciated. Especially any hint at a live show finally returning to the Asia area. During these times, it’s a really uplifting thing to see.

Last edited:

jt04

I just want to be on the record as saying there is a way to fit Zootopia into dak without it creating a theming conflict. But I no longer do armchair imagineering. For the most part.

I find this new Disney Animals promotion pretty interesting.

Disney Maddux

I just want to be on the record as saying there is a way to fit Zootopia into dak without it creating a theming conflict. But I no longer do armchair imagineering. For the most part.

I find this new Disney Animals promotion pretty interesting.
Unless they did some altering.

What Disney Animals promotion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom