As of today (Jan 7th): No more paint brush hunt on Tom Sawyer's Island

Scuttle

What does thunder going down have to dO with the brushes.

Not exactly sure, but she said because of thunder going down that they would just have FP's for Splash. So I'm assuming since there will be a lot of pressure on Splash with Thunder down that they didn't need to give out any additional FP's?:shrug:

Atomicmickey

I just spoke to the Tom Sawyers cast member and she told me that it is because of Thunder going down and that they WILL start doing it again in May. I asked her twice to make sure there was no confusion.

I'm gonna believe in this explanation. Makes sense.

Captain Chaos

it cost too much to run (cm wages,fast pass,ect. ect)

Of course it costs too much... After being force-fed Fantasyland expansion (actually just reclaiming land they USED to use), the brainiacs in TDO had to cut costs somewhere.. That 50 cents spent on paint brushes was eating into the bottom line... Can't have that now, can we???

P.S. I know your comment was a joke.. But the question is, is my new comment a joke or not??? :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Of course it costs too much... After being force-fed Fantasyland expansion (actually just reclaiming land they USED to use), the brainiacs in TDO had to cut costs somewhere.. That 50 cents spent on paint brushes was eating into the bottom line... Can't have that now, can we???

P.S. I know your comment was a joke.. But the question is, is my new comment a joke or not??? :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think you are kidding, but you are also not 100% correct either. The FLE is much more than land they USED to use. A lot of the property for the FLE was never accessible to guests, so therefore is indeed an expansion.

SeanC

Not exactly sure, but she said because of thunder going down that they would just have FP's for Splash. So I'm assuming since there will be a lot of pressure on Splash with Thunder down that they didn't need to give out any additional FP's?:shrug:

How many fastpasses were they giving out on the island?

momprincess

What a shame, my family had so much fun looking for them. We actually found one on 2 separate occations. It was something very simple but still very rewarding especially when you carried the paint brush back and got some fast pass tickets. :(

bkgrim

MY son found one at Christmas. The cast member walked around after each person found a brush and would hide it again. I even watched a boy come up with a brush and was not able to ride splash or big thunder so he game him two a paper for two mickey ice cream bars

JIMINYCR

It is sad to see something fun and easy to do with the little ones disappear. I always found time to venture over to TSI at some point during our time at MK. Even if a paintbrush is no longer around, I'll enjoy visiting the fort and make my way through the dark, scary caves.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just spoke to the Tom Sawyers cast member and she told me that it is because of Thunder going down and that they WILL start doing it again in May. I asked her twice to make sure there was no confusion.

Read the above

jjharvpro

I had never heard of this before actually! Sounded like it would be one of those cool little Disney family experiences that just add to the fun and magic. Wish they didn't stop doing that!

ewensell3

What does thunder going down have to dO with the brushes.

Because "winning" a fastpass to Splash in January seems kinda pointless?

Speaking of which, are they keeping Splash running in winter because of Thunder? Typically it is down by now for it's winter refurb (usually the same time as Kali). Does Splash get "less splashy" on cooler days?

disney fan 13

Because "winning" a fastpass to Splash in January seems kinda pointless?

Speaking of which, are they keeping Splash running in winter because of Thunder? Typically it is down by now for it's winter refurb (usually the same time as Kali). Does Splash get "less splashy" on cooler days?

they most of the time turn of the splash part during the winter month's. but still some people do it just to find a paint brush, but as long as it is coming back when thunder comes out of it's refurb then i am ok with it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom