Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge

DWFEVR

Original Poster
We are planning a trip in the Spring and saw that the Artist Point is now a character dinner. The food pictures look interesting but it's hard to imagine serving it with characters. Has anyone gone recently (without any children)? Have they changed the dress code to what everyone has.........? Thanks for any information you may have.

aliceismad

There is a menu change along with the character meal, is there not? I saw on the WDW site that there is a “before” and “after” menu, though I was too lazy to compare the two, since I’m going after the change.

aliceismad

Are they fixing something that was not broken?
I've no clue as to whether anything was broken, but I have read that many regulars lament the loss of the quiet restaurant. I believe it leaves WL as the only Deluxe without a true Signature restaurant? I don't believe there is anywhere else where you can dine and meet Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy, so I'm sure it will be in demand with those fans.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Are they fixing something that was not broken?

No, they are fixing something that is broken from a P&L viewpoint. A typical night with the current format has lots of unfilled seats as the menu and product is neither attractive or well received.

Lucky

No, they are fixing something that is broken from a P&L viewpoint. A typical night with the current format has lots of unfilled seats as the menu and product is neither attractive or well received.
There’s just not a big enough market at that location for a restaurant with $50 entrees. Same for Jiko at AKL.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There’s just not a big enough market at that location for a restaurant with $50 entrees. Same for Jiko at AKL.

There are, but only for things that really are good. I've spent a few weeks each year in the Seattle area for 20 or so years and nothing served in Artists' Pointe looks remotely like what's available there (High or low end)

fluffy

We loved the "Cedar Plank Salmon" years and years ago.......but hearing it's gone downhill it's probably not as good.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Time to accept that there IS no "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" any longer. WL Management has chosen. There will be a 1 DDP Point "restaurant" where the former "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" was.

Now - what to do if this is not to your liking?

CalGrill (Contemporary), Citrico's (GF), Narcoossee's (GF) are all a $10 (WITH good tip) Cab Ride away. Get to any of these (and back) FREE, by grabbing Bus or boat to the MK, then getting on the Monorail.

Like it or not? There are no fine dining restaurants at the WL. DVC owners at BRV? We are disappointed. But also realistic. There are no fine dining restaurants at the WL.

Now - children? Looking for a cute character meal? That which has replaced "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" could be a GREAT option. Just understand that one may get a character meal, or fine dining.... not both.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

wlodge_man

Time to accept that there IS no "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" any longer. WL Management has chosen. There will be a 1 DDP Point "restaurant" where the former "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" was.

Now - what to do if this is not to your liking?

CalGrill (Contemporary), Citrico's (GF), Narcoossee's (GF) are all a $10 (WITH good tip) Cab Ride away. Get to any of these (and back) FREE, by grabbing Bus or boat to the MK, then getting on the Monorail.

Like it or not? There are no fine dining restaurants at the WL. DVC owners at BRV? We are disappointed. But also realistic. There are no fine dining restaurants at the WL.

Now - children? Looking for a cute character meal? That which has replaced "Artist Point-Wilderness Lodge" could be a GREAT option. Just understand that one may get a character meal, or fine dining.... not both.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

When I learned of this change a few months back, it made me sad.

correcaminos

Polynesian doesn't have a signature level restaurant. 'Ohana is expensive but only one dining plan credit, as is Kona Café.

The luau is probably closer, but it's a dinner show, yet still takes 2 credits.

BC, SSR, and OKW also do not have signature dining. TBH the way Disney calls some 'signature' and others not is more subjective and about prices than it used to be anyway.

bunnyman

Have eaten there several times over the past few years, and if every other table was occupied it was a good night. Hadn't had to wait for a table there in years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom