Article: The Priciest Theme Park Tickets Around the Globe

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Thanks, @Siren for such a great public service post. I think a lot of readers don't realize just how inexpensive a day at a regional park can be.

Let's hope your side-by-side compendium opens eyes to how much more folks are paying for the "premium" Disney and Universal experiences... paying for "theming" (which adds very little to ride dynamics), "atmosphere" (which adds very little to ride dynamics), and "brand name" (which adds etc.).

Luxe

Why do you always feel the need to copy and paste the article into your posts? Is it fear that no one will bother to click on the link? Or are you just trying to take credit for an article that you did not write? Judging by the size of the link in the original post, I would say it's a mix of both.

Siren

Original Poster
Universal tickets are $105 for a single day one park ticket year round. Disney's are as high as $124.00 for the same ticket.

3 Day ticket adult ticket at Disney is $290, a three day at Universal $245.

But let's not let facts get in the way of this discussion.
Wow, @danlb_2000. That's quite a statement. But, the fact remains that Universal has the most expensive theme park tickets.

And, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's not. People are more than happy to pay Universal's sky high prices, myself included.

But, I am not -- in turn, going to slam Disney for being "greedy" -- when in fact, their price is considerably cheaper.

The article is clearly biased against Universal since it compare the price of a 2-day MK ticket with a one day Universal ticket..

"The $105 cost of a single-day ticket makes Universal Studios one of the priciest theme parks on this list"

"Magic Kingdom offers Magic Tickets, which allow guests to move freely among the parks at will. However, you can also score two-day tickets for $101. Prices for one-day tickets vary by date."

One day MK ticket is $105 off peak same as Universal. 2-day ticket at Universal is $94 per day.
Dan, you are reading too far into this. I don't believe article is biased.

It's just a simple list of the priciest theme parks and Universal just happens to be the priciest. But, totally worth it. Right?

Yeah, let me know when they actually open one of those.

The one day park hopper is the same at both venues (Uni/WDW) the article was about one day admissions
LOL. Hi @JoeCamel! Don't you think this is kind of harsh? LOL.

Again, I am not knocking Universal at all. I love Universal so much!!! But, it doesn't change the fact that Universal's ticket is the most expensive out of all of the other theme parks in the world.

Lets face it, it's a great time to be a theme park fan. I hope you are excited for Pandora -- it's looks truly spectacular. And, I can't wait to see Kong Island and Volcano Bay as well! I just have to pay a little more. It's not a big deal.

JoeCamel

Wow, @danlb_2000. That's quite a statement. But, the fact remains that Universal has the most expensive theme park tickets.

And, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's not. People are more than happy to pay Universal's sky high prices, myself included.

But, I am not -- in turn, going to slam Disney for being "greedy" -- when in fact, their price is considerably cheaper.

It's just a simple list of the priciest theme parks and Universal just happens to be the priciest. But, totally worth it. Right?

LOL. Hi @JoeCamel! Don't you think this is kind of harsh? LOL.

Again, I am not knocking Universal at all. I love Universal so much!!! But, it doesn't change the fact that Universal's ticket is the most expensive out of all of the other theme parks in the world.

Lets face it, it's a great time to be a theme park fan. I hope you are excited for Pandora -- it's looks truly spectacular. And, I can't wait to see Kong Island and Volcano Bay as well! I just have to pay a little more. It's not a big deal.

Sure your name isn't "KellyAnne"?

Your alternative facts do not get any more truth in them if you repeat them ad nauseum. Both parks sell the same ticket for the same price. Tomorrow 1/28 a 1 day park hopper is $155 at both Universal Resort and at Walt Disney world.

Spewing garbage does not make it true.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

But they don't. The highest price for a single day base ticket at Uni is $119, but at Disney it's $124. When you start comparing multi-day prices Disney is significantly more then Uni.

The article is making Universal more expensive by comparing apples to oranges. They are comparing the price of a single day universal ticket to a multi-day Disney ticket.

I can easily make Uni look like a bargain....

A 4 day ticket to Universal is $53 a day, so they are much cheaper then Disney which cost $125 for a single day at Magic Kingdom.

Yes, there are time when an apples to apples comparison has a higher ticket price for Uni, but the difference is extremely small.

21stamps

Universal now uses tiered pricing as well, unfortunately.
Yep. It's also important to compare a Park to Park Universal ticket when talking about a 3 day WDW ticket.

...and then there's the Express Pass/ Fast Pass options for the majority of parks in the article. While Disney has free FP.. not the same system, but it's a benefit. Please don't let this spark another FP+ debate, just pointing out facts.
One day at Uni/IoA with Express Pass is over $200. That's not a knock on Uni, it just is what it is..but it's the reason that I didn't spend a day there while in Orlando last month.

Anyway, the article got the KI daily price wrong.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yep. It's also important to compare a Park to Park Universal ticket when talking about a 3 day WDW ticket.

...and then there's the Express Pass/ Fast Pass options for the majority of parks in the article. While Disney has free FP.. not the same system, but it's a benefit. Please don't let this spark another FP+ debate, just pointing out facts.
One day at Uni/IoA with Express Pass is over $200. That's not a knock on Uni, it just is what it is..but it's the reason that I didn't spend a day there while in Orlando last month.

Anyway, the article got the KI daily price wrong.

Three day Uni park to park, $85 per day, three day Disney hopper, $115 per day.

21stamps

Three day Uni park to park, $85 per day, three day Disney hopper, $115 per day.
For me, I would compare by adding the express pass, which would make it more. Like I said, that's speaking for myself, other people may not care about it. Neither way is apples to apples, but the express pass is more comparable than without.
I love Uni/IoA, and I haven't even been to either in almost 7 years (this has nothing to do wth pricing just life and kid's age/height). We'll go soon... but not soon enough that I was willing to spend over $200pp for 1 day- especially when we can't even ride everything.

Luxe

For me, I would compare by adding the express pass, which would make it more. Like I said, that's speaking for myself, other people may not care about it. Neither way is apples to apples, but the express pass is more comparable than without.
I love Uni/IoA, and I haven't even been to either in almost 7 years (this has nothing to do wth pricing just life and kid's age/height). We'll go soon... but not soon enough that I was willing to spend over $200pp for 1 day- especially when we can't even ride everything.
It doesn't make sense to add the express pass to that price because it gets you onto every single ride. FP+ gives you 3 guaranteed attractions and whatever is leftover that day after that. If adding an extra $100 to the ticket price is "more comparable" to you then I don't know what to say.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
But you also stated in the Star Wars Tour thread that you would gladly pay an additional $259 ($129 per person) so your child could do JTA, dessert party and a seat for the show. So why is paying an additional $200 ( $40 less than the Star Wars tour) a bad deal at Uni? Especially considering you get FOTL access to nearly all rides. With Star Wars tour its only a few things extra, but thats a better deal?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why do you always feel the need to copy and paste the article into your posts? Is it fear that no one will bother to click on the link? Or are you just trying to take credit for an article that you did not write? Judging by the size of the link in the original post, I would say it's a mix of both.
Give the OP a break. It can be hard to concentrate when Madame Butterfly is blasting in the background.

21stamps

But you also stated in the Star Wars Tour thread that you would gladly pay an additional $259 ($129 per person) so your child could do JTA, dessert party and a seat for the show. So why is paying an additional $200 ( $40 less than the Star Wars tour) a bad deal at Uni? Especially considering you get FOTL access to nearly all rides. With Star Wars tour its only a few things extra, but thats a better deal?
239.99 x 2. + Food. + Wand + Photos + Uber. = $500+ For one day, 9-7, when we can't even go on all of the rides. I'm out on that.

$129x2 for food and experiences that we can do, some of which we were doing anyway. Yes, I'd be in.

I'm much better waiting until I have at least 2 days to do Universal, at one of their hotels, with Express pass included. The value for one day isn't there for us right now.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
239.99 x 2. + Food. + Wand + Photos + Uber. = $500+ For one day, 9-7, when we can't even go on all of the rides. I'm out on that.

$129x2 for food and experiences that we can do, some of which we were doing anyway. Yes, I'd be in.
Your not counting park admission for your Disney part of the equation. Your also using a one day park ticket price for Uni. So to be fair, and using a one day ticket price, the HS Star Wars Tour day would be appx $229 x 2 ($459) and that is if you buy nothing else at all that day (breakfast, souvenir, etc

21stamps

Your not counting park admission for your Disney part of the equation. Your also using a one day park ticket price for Uni. So to be fair, and using a one day ticket price, the HS Star Wars Tour day would be appx $229 x 2 ($459) and that is if you buy nothing else at all that day (breakfast, souvenir, etc

I think 229 is less than 239... however, I wouldn't do it that way either.
ETA- Couldn't type before but wanted to finish this. How does one measure value? By the experience you are getting, correct? I could have a better experience at Uni/IoA especially Harry Potter, if I stayed at one of their hotels, and had at least 2 days-and the Express Pass would be included with our stay. So, for me, there's not enough value for 1 day at this time, especially considering our height restrictions. Something like the SW tour, I would never get that "included" no matter what. Yes, you can do all of the items on your own, but it's not the same experience, so there is "value" there.

If a 1 day Uni/IoA Express Pass combo has value for your family- have fun!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think 229 is less than 239... however, I wouldn't do it that way either.
ETA- Couldn't type before but wanted to finish this. How does one measure value? By the experience you are getting, correct? I could have a better experience at Uni/IoA especially Harry Potter, if I stayed at one of their hotels, and had at least 2 days-and the Express Pass would be included with our stay. So, for me, there's not enough value for 1 day at this time, especially considering our height restrictions. Something like the SW tour, I would never get that "included" no matter what. Yes, you can do all of the items on your own, but it's not the same experience, so there is "value" there.

If a 1 day Uni/IoA Express Pass combo has value for your family- have fun!
In your first response to me, you used (skewed) mathematics to interprate the "value" of each experience. In your second response, you used a more emotional interpretation of "value". While each aspect holds merit, one of them (mathematics) is a universal language (i. e. True/false). The other is open to interpretation.

I can only respond to what a person posts. Adding additional information after the fact does not allow for fluidity. Move the goals posts as you see fit though.

21stamps

In your first response to me, you used (skewed) mathematics to interprate the "value" of each experience. In your second response, you used a more emotional interpretation of "value". While each aspect holds merit, one of them (mathematics) is a universal language (i. e. True/false). The other is open to interpretation.

I can only respond to what a person posts. Adding additional information after the fact does not allow for fluidity. Move the goals posts as you see fit though.

Yeah.. the original post that you quoted says "the reason I didn't spend..". I, as in me. The person who is deciding on what is value for their money or not.

I didn't skew anything. You just read things incorrectly and attempt to pounce on something that was never there in the first place. Good job, once again. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah.. the original post that you quoted says "the reason I didn't spend..". I, as in me. The person who is deciding on what is value for their money or not.

I didn't skew anything. You just read things incorrectly and attempt to pounce on something that was never there in the first place. Good job, once again. :)
Just highlighting your usual hypocrisy, ma'am.

cheezbat

I'm much better waiting until I have at least 2 days to do Universal, at one of their hotels, with Express pass included. The value for one day isn't there for us right now.
When are you visiting? 80% of the year express pass isn't necessary at all. Even on busy days I'm able to do everything without it.

I'm just curious how you do parks...and it sounds to me like you probably stay at Disney resorts, which makes visiting their parks easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom