Article on AOL about FP+

jlsHouston

Wow...this is really interesting. Here we have a finance guy talking FP+ benefits versus restrictions in terms of onsite and offsite guests and he owns Disney stock...
I don't know if it is going to stay a resort perk. @ParentsOf4 of 4 has written how the FP+/MM+ is probably a brainstorm of the marketing/management thought process to fill beds at WDW. The side benefits of course to be hopefully the bands cause people to spend more since they are easier to make a purchase with than the cards...supposedly, and then ride control and park census control.
If the numbers start showing that the beds are filling up then yes I would say it stays and onsite perk...
But thanks for sharing the link!

flynnibus

Premium Member
http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/disney-world-fast-pass-plus-problem/

thought you guys would find this interesting
it was linked to through AOL, so big audience
I disagree with author, I think it will stay a resort perk
with AP holders getting the minor 7 day window perk

opinions?

He's a Florida resident that writes about Disney frequently (a self proclaimed Theme Park Lifer). Probably has a FL resident AP and is slightly jiped by being on the outside so far with FP+.

The article is at least a lot more complete than most on the subject... but I don't think it really adds much to things except highlighting to people that this is a transition phase.

For a sample of previous articles.. and his lifer claim.. see
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/01/04/disneys-leap-day-venture-24-hours-of-nonstop-magic/

He writes about Disney frequently.. so I don't see this as 'the world now sees whats happening!' kind of article or anything.

bethymouse

I have now resorted to going back to value resorts or staying off site. I will probably do value- it is about the same or even less if there's a discount. We just can't afford the deluxe, and even sometimes moderates. I want to experience FP+ and everything. I don't want to stay off site , and not have the chance to use FP. I guess that's what Disney is hoping will happen.:( Time will tell.:eek:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think AOL is only hanging on because of those still with AOL e-mail addresses (like myself lol).

AOL shifted to a content publishing company some time ago. They bought up lots of popular properties like engadget, huffingtonpost, etc to be their cornerstones.

My friend has worked at AOL for nearly 22 years... was laid off last month. I know a number of people who live in quite large houses and drive quite nice cars from their time with AOL in its hayday :)

disneydudette

I disagree with author, I think it will stay a resort perk...

According to another forum... that's no longer the case. Folks over there are still expirementing with what "triggers" the option... though the key components are a MDE account with linked tickets... and ADRs. Here's a recent post (21pgs and growing) from that thread...

We are staying at the Dolphin from 4/12-4/18. We have ADRs each evening for 4/13-4/17. All of this information is entered on MDE.

This weekend the new locked icon about booking FP+ up to 60 days in advance appeared on our MDE page. If you clicked on the icon, it asked if you were staying in a WDW resort, etc.

So, I bought park tickets and, as soon as I linked the tickets in MDE, and clicked on the icon again, I got the screen saying "You may begin making FP+ selections for your vacation on February 12, 2014."

While I do not know for sure (who does?), it appears that if you have ADRs and linked tickets, you can start making FP+ reservations, in advance, in my case 60 days before my first ADR.

...with AP holders getting the minor 7 day window perk

The "new" system allows AP holders to (advance) book/hold 7 days worth of FP+ in a 60day window time frame. Meaning... as an AP Holder with no FP+ reserved... I'll be able to log into MDE, chose 7 days (consecutive or not) worth of FP+ for use within the next 60 days. Once a FP+ day is used, another FP+ day opens for use, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom