1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Artegon Marketplace closing 1/26

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by WhatJaneSays, Jan 13, 2017.

1. WhatJaneSays

WhatJaneSays Well-Known Member

2. cheezbat

cheezbat Well-Known Member

Sad news. Love Gods and Monsters, Fuddruckers, Cinemark, and the mini golf.

3. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

Too bad. I just discovered this place a few months ago. I think it would have had better business had it been located somewhere like Winter Park.

4. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

Im not shocked. I went to Fuddruckers a few months ago which was nice but the place itself should be elsewhere. As others have mentioned it would be nice in winter park or Altamonte but along i drive was not good. Sad to see it leave.

5. WhatJaneSays

WhatJaneSays Well-Known Member Original Poster

I'll miss Gods & Monsters. I know they're working on a temp relocation at the moment while they hash out a long-term location.

I think the owners of the Artegon property only really gave it halfhearted attempt because they realized that the actual land is worth more than they could reliably make. The next step is to see if they they sell outright and if Bass Pro and Cinemark are willing to sell too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    71jason likes this.
  6. cheezbat

cheezbat Well-Known Member

I was there on 1/26. It was so sad to see the majority of places closed. Still, good times reminicising of all the memories I've made there the past fifteen years.

7. pilka214

pilka214 Active Member

It's been a struggling property every since it's inception as Festival Bay years ago... it had HUGE potential, and indoor skatepark, massive stores and for a while Ron Jon planned on building a surf park... but something never clicked. My opinion was mismanagement and too high of rent, but i have no idea really, it was owned by GGP malls which sucked. Artegon was a neat departure and i was hoping a successful business model, but with the expansion of I drive and all the expanding businesses that property is $$$$$... I've heard rumors of a potential theme park investor, which could be neat.

lazyboy97o and RustySpork like this.
  8. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

That is my inclination as well. With so much shopping in the immediate and larger area, it just seemed odd that this one spot would be the saturation point.

9. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

The skate park was pretty great actually. It's unfortunate for all of the small businesses impacted by this, hopefully they can all move to better locations and their losses will be small.

10. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

This used to be Festival Bay Mall! I used to go the Universal Outlet years ago. I can't believe it survived this long. It's a pretty mall but it was terribly empty.