Art of Animation

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
We found out we’re able to fit in the family suites at Art of Animation (literally at the limit of people) and are so excited because they are so cool! If you have stayed at any of the family suites at the Art of Animation resort what we’re the pros and cons of the room itself? Would you stay there again?

Smiley/OCD

We have stayed there 3 times and LOVE it!!! We've stayed at Nemo, Lion King and Cars....out of the 3, we prefer Nemo and will be staying there in 2020...closest to the pool, food court and the shortest walk to/from the buses. It's a nice short walk over the Hourglass bridge to Pop (which also has a GREAT food court) Our go-to resort was always Pop, but now that the DD's are older, AOA is OUR resort. If you have a chance, I would suggest taking an hour or so and walk the entire resort...IOHO, AOA has the BEST theming of any WDW resort...you are totally immersed in Disney 24/7 (if you like that). I don't know the ages of your family, but I have yet to meet or hear a child complain or dislike it. The bus system is great, we've never had a problem, but if you did, you could always take a bus for Pop, and just walk a bit more.

The ONLY problem we found was the cell service and wi-fi at the resort in the rooms is aweful. We found that we actually had to go outside to get a decent signal. With that in mind, HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
We have stayed there 3 times and LOVE it!!! We've stayed at Nemo, Lion King and Cars....out of the 3, we prefer Nemo and will be staying there in 2020...closest to the pool, food court and the shortest walk to/from the buses. It's a nice short walk over the Hourglass bridge to Pop (which also has a GREAT food court) Our go-to resort was always Pop, but now that the DD's are older, AOA is OUR resort. If you have a chance, I would suggest taking an hour or so and walk the entire resort...IOHO, AOA has the BEST theming of any WDW resort...you are totally immersed in Disney 24/7 (if you like that). I don't know the ages of your family, but I have yet to meet or hear a child complain or dislike it. The bus system is great, we've never had a problem, but if you did, you could always take a bus for Pop, and just walk a bit more.

The ONLY problem we found was the cell service and wi-fi at the resort in the rooms is aweful. We found that we actually had to go outside to get a decent signal. With that in mind, HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!
Thanks so mugh! All ours are small and I love all things Disney so I’m sure that would be extra magical for us.

Was there a reason Nemo was your favorite?

Thanks again for so much great info!

Smiley/OCD

Thanks so mugh! All ours are small and I love all things Disney so I’m sure that would be extra magical for us.

Was there a reason Nemo was your favorite?

Thanks again for so much great info!
It was closest to the pool, food court and bus service...I use an ECV (scooter), so the closer to the entrance, the better...we stayed at the Cars complex on our last trip (Nov/2017) because I wanted to stay there (I'm a big kid, love cars, etc), The rest of the "board of directors" preferred Nemo, and since it's closest to the goings on, I tended to agree. Just another note, there are other pools in the complex...Cars and LK have pools, but they are smaller, while LK does not. The pool at Nemo, however is the largest of the 3 and has underwater speakers so you can hear music while in the pool.

There are many guests (adults) who will say that AoA is too noisy, crowded, hectic, etc. but what better place for adults that refuse to grow up and LOVE Disney stay? Our family of 4, me 53, DW 50, DD's, 20 & 17 LOVE it. We will continue to defend it and continue to plead our case for AoA!!

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
It was closest to the pool, food court and bus service...I use an ECV (scooter), so the closer to the entrance, the better...we stayed at the Cars complex on our last trip (Nov/2017) because I wanted to stay there (I'm a big kid, love cars, etc), The rest of the "board of directors" preferred Nemo, and since it's closest to the goings on, I tended to agree. Just another note, there are other pools in the complex...Cars and LK have pools, but they are smaller, while LK does not. The pool at Nemo, however is the largest of the 3 and has underwater speakers so you can hear music while in the pool.

There are many guests (adults) who will say that AoA is too noisy, crowded, hectic, etc. but what better place for adults that refuse to grow up and LOVE Disney stay? Our family of 4, me 53, DW 50, DD's, 20 & 17 LOVE it. We will continue to defend it and continue to plead our case for AoA!!
Wow! You’re like the fountain of information!!!! AoA just seems so great and has been my obsession to stay in since we started looking at Disney World. It seems like such a fun place to be. My husband and I are 29 and 28 and out littles are 7,6,4,2, and 1 so this seems perfect for us! We will be going in October so pools won’t be usable right?

Smiley/OCD

Wow! You’re like the fountain of information!!!! AoA just seems so great and has been my obsession to stay in since we started looking at Disney World. It seems like such a fun place to be. My husband and I are 29 and 28 and out littles are 7,6,4,2, and 1 so this seems perfect for us! We will be going in October so pools won’t be usable right?

They will ABSOLUTELY be usable!!! First off, the pools are heated if it's cool...secondly, many days in October are in the 80's and possibly 90's. The evenings can be cool, so I would suggest bringing a pair or 2 of long pants/jeans but BRING shorts!!! You will need them! Also, I would also suggest a fleece pullover, a sweatshirt and or a light jacket JUST IN CASE. Even on the cool nights, the buses have the AC cranked. There are laundries at the resort so if you're so inclined, you can do laundry.

Our favorite times of the year to go are March-May and September-November...it can get HOT,so be prepared!! Also, if you haven't already looked into it, I would suggest Micky's Very Special Halloween Party at night at the Magic Kingdom. You have to reserve it in advance and it is an extra charge, but you pick one evening, reserve it in advance, and you will get wrist bands for the party. The park closes early for regular guests unless you have a wristband. There is a special parade and other shows, the ENTIRE park is decorated for Halloween (I personally think it's nicer than the Christmas decorations), and I would bring costumes for the kids...they will actually be able to trick or treat in the MK!

I don't know where you're from, so I know temperatures affect people in different ways depending where you live, so keep that in mind also.

Our family LOVES Disney, the OCD on my user name stands for obsessive, compulsive Disney, so you can see where I'm coming from...LOL

One more VERY IMPORTANT piece of advise...on the first trip to the Magic Kingdom, one of the adults go in first and pick out a place on Main Street just past the train station. Get a picture(s) of the kids faces the MOMENT they see Cinderella Castle for the first time...TRUST ME, you will treasure that picture the rest of your life...I wish someone would have told us, but we have the mental memories...

arielrose

I have stayed in AOA 3 times. My husband and I took nieces, nephew, and my sister so we had 6 as well and were still comfortable! We all loved the theming. The food court can get pretty busy in the mornings, but the food is very good. The only con to the rooms I can think of is I wish there was a bath tub in the bathroom off the bedroom. We loved staying there every time. Even when we stayed at the cars room since I am not a fan of that movie!

Tom P.

Oh my goodness, yes, the pools will be usable! :)

Weather is always subject to variations, of course. But October in Orlando is most often like July in other places. We were there in October of 2015 and it was in the 90's every day. We did the pools at AoA as well as the water parks. It wasn't even remotely cool outside.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Your kids are perfect ages for going to Disney. I have not stayed in the suites at AoA but did spend one night in a Little Mermaid suite. The grounds were very cool. I'm planning on staying in a Cars suite for one night on a trip in 2019 since my son loves Cars. Then we'll switch resorts for the rest of the vacation.

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
They will ABSOLUTELY be usable!!! First off, the pools are heated if it's cool...secondly, many days in October are in the 80's and possibly 90's. The evenings can be cool, so I would suggest bringing a pair or 2 of long pants/jeans but BRING shorts!!! You will need them! Also, I would also suggest a fleece pullover, a sweatshirt and or a light jacket JUST IN CASE. Even on the cool nights, the buses have the AC cranked. There are laundries at the resort so if you're so inclined, you can do laundry.

Our favorite times of the year to go are March-May and September-November...it can get HOT,so be prepared!! Also, if you haven't already looked into it, I would suggest Micky's Very Special Halloween Party at night at the Magic Kingdom. You have to reserve it in advance and it is an extra charge, but you pick one evening, reserve it in advance, and you will get wrist bands for the party. The park closes early for regular guests unless you have a wristband. There is a special parade and other shows, the ENTIRE park is decorated for Halloween (I personally think it's nicer than the Christmas decorations), and I would bring costumes for the kids...they will actually be able to trick or treat in the MK!

I don't know where you're from, so I know temperatures affect people in different ways depending where you live, so keep that in mind also.

Our family LOVES Disney, the OCD on my user name stands for obsessive, compulsive Disney, so you can see where I'm coming from...LOL

One more VERY IMPORTANT piece of advise...on the first trip to the Magic Kingdom, one of the adults go in first and pick out a place on Main Street just past the train station. Get a picture(s) of the kids faces the MOMENT they see Cinderella Castle for the first time...TRUST ME, you will treasure that picture the rest of your life...I wish someone would have told us, but we have the mental memories...
Love the idea of the Magic Kingdom picture! Definitely going tit are that advice. We are doing the Halloween Party! We saw videos of it and my littles love it!

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
I have stayed in AOA 3 times. My husband and I took nieces, nephew, and my sister so we had 6 as well and were still comfortable! We all loved the theming. The food court can get pretty busy in the mornings, but the food is very good. The only con to the rooms I can think of is I wish there was a bath tub in the bathroom off the bedroom. We loved staying there every time. Even when we stayed at the cars room since I am not a fan of that movie!
Thanks so much! We love all the themes so I’m not sure which we will try to book yet!

Ourgigglebuttons

Original Poster
Your kids are perfect ages for going to Disney. I have not stayed in the suites at AoA but did spend one night in a Little Mermaid suite. The grounds were very cool. I'm planning on staying in a Cars suite for one night on a trip in 2019 since my son loves Cars. Then we'll switch resorts for the rest of the vacation.
Enjoy your trip!

tractor tipper

Your con is my big plus. Loved the large walk in shower, at least there is a tub in the outer room for you.
AoA will serve your family needs very magically.
My con is a long walk at end of day to bus at the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom