Art of Animation

MagicMegan

SO... we were planning on staying at CBR when we go Oct 14-20, but changed a week ago, to the brand new Art of Animation! Has anyone stayed here yet? I am extremely excited... :D:D:D:p

I. Was there. Last. Week. It. Was. Empty. On. Outside. Where. Busses were. .. and about 50. People in pool. Place is. Clean. And. New and. Pool. Area. Is. Excellent esp for. Kids.. I liked. How. Huge pool was. No. Deeper. Than. 4 foot ish.. my. Non swimming. Kid. Liked it.. we. Enjoyed. Walking over. Bridge. To. Pop. Century.. they. Have. A. Huge gate. Around pool. Area, but. Seems. Like. A. Weak. Attempt. In. The. Future. To. Keep. Non. Guests. Away.. that. Wont wont. People. Open. Gate. You. Go. In.. food. Court is. Diverisified. And has. Some minor differences. I. Don't. Think it. Should be. Priced much. More. Than. Pop, but. They. Call. It. A. Value. But I. Think. They. Will. Charge. About. 20 plus dollars. Over. Pop. Just. Because. Of. Curiosity. And. Hype.. they. Need. To. Just call. It. A. Value moderate. Even tho. Building layout is. Almost exactly like pop

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I. Was there. Last. Week. It. Was. Empty. On. Outside. Where. Busses were. .. and about 50. People in pool. Place is. Clean. And. New and. Pool. Area. Is. Excellent esp for. Kids.. I liked. How. Huge pool was. No. Deeper. Than. 4 foot ish.. my. Non swimming. Kid. Liked it.. we. Enjoyed. Walking over. Bridge. To. Pop. Century.. they. Have. A. Huge gate. Around pool. Area, but. Seems. Like. A. Weak. Attempt. In. The. Future. To. Keep. Non. Guests. Away.. that. Wont wont. People. Open. Gate. You. Go. In.. food. Court is. Diverisified. And has. Some minor differences. I. Don't. Think it. Should be. Priced much. More. Than. Pop, but. They. Call. It. A. Value. But I. Think. They. Will. Charge. About. 20 plus dollars. Over. Pop. Just. Because. Of. Curiosity. And. Hype.. they. Need. To. Just call. It. A. Value moderate. Even tho. Building layout is. Almost exactly like pop

I need the BARF smiley right now.

You need to find a new device from which to post!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

2bornot2be

The only response we have from someone that has stayed at AOA was that post. . . . . .

potatoheadfan are you planning on going back any time soon, just wondering? I have a trip coming up soon and ....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

KnightRonin

My family and I stayed there two weeks ago (6/8-6/10) and came away feeling really positive about the experience on most points. Of course, because it’s the only section open right now, we stayed in the Finding Nemo Suites. However, by just walking around we had a chance to get a visual preview of the Cars and Lion King sections adjacent.
Let me start with the positives:
  • The theming is awesome! Every little detail from Finding Nemo is recreated in gigantic detail and looks amazing.
  • The interior décor of the buildings is nice and warm and inviting.
  • The suites are wonderful. The murphy bed/table was a highlight, and the pullout couch and master bedroom queen were nice as well.
  • The bathrooms were great. The “kids” bathroom was simple but nice, and the “master” bath was classy and had a frosted glass shower door.
  • All in all, the room was comfortable, and my family of five had enough space to stretch out, watch different things on the two TVs and have fun.
  • The Cars area was amazing. If you’re a big fan of Cars, this will be your dream resort. It looked really cool – even if from a distance.

A couple of negatives:
  • The price is too high. Yes – suites -- I get it, but once the newness wears off, it’s still a value resort with value amenities and paying $400 a night is kinda silly.
  • The food choices were only pretty good. Standard burger and fries and pizza choices, but their Asian options were not very tasty. Not horrible, but your mileage may vary.
  • The free WiFi was down all weekend in the rooms. Not a big deal, since it was up and active and fast in the main building and by the pool, but if you have a big paper due in your Graduate course, it may torque you off a bit.

As it stands, we can’t wait to see the resort completed and plan on staying there at some point in the future. I will say this: it is a work in progress. Staying during its second week after opening, it still has some bugs to shake out, but it was a wonderful resort that I’d be happy to visit again.

Word of warning: the Cast Members engage in a strange pun-filled spiel during check in (i.e., “Sketch you later!” and “Let’s paint up your vacation experience”) -- I could have done without this.

I hope that gives you some insight.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
My family and I stayed there two weeks ago (6/8-6/10) and came away feeling really positive about the experience on most points. Of course, because it’s the only section open right now, we stayed in the Finding Nemo Suites. However, by just walking around we had a chance to get a visual preview of the Cars and Lion King sections adjacent.
Let me start with the positives:
  • The theming is awesome! Every little detail from Finding Nemo is recreated in gigantic detail and looks amazing.
  • The interior décor of the buildings is nice and warm and inviting.
  • The suites are wonderful. The murphy bed/table was a highlight, and the pullout couch and master bedroom queen were nice as well.
  • The bathrooms were great. The “kids” bathroom was simple but nice, and the “master” bath was classy and had a frosted glass shower door.
  • All in all, the room was comfortable, and my family of five had enough space to stretch out, watch different things on the two TVs and have fun.
  • The Cars area was amazing. If you’re a big fan of Cars, this will be your dream resort. It looked really cool – even if from a distance.

A couple of negatives:
  • The price is too high. Yes – suites -- I get it, but once the newness wears off, it’s still a value resort with value amenities and paying $400 a night is kinda silly.
  • The food choices were only pretty good. Standard burger and fries and pizza choices, but their Asian options were not very tasty. Not horrible, but your mileage may vary.
  • The free WiFi was down all weekend in the rooms. Not a big deal, since it was up and active and fast in the main building and by the pool, but if you have a big paper due in your Graduate course, it may torque you off a bit.

As it stands, we can’t wait to see the resort completed and plan on staying there at some point in the future. I will say this: it is a work in progress. Staying during its second week after opening, it still has some bugs to shake out, but it was a wonderful resort that I’d be happy to visit again.

Word of warning: the Cast Members engage in a strange pun-filled spiel during check in (i.e., “Sketch you later!” and “Let’s paint up your vacation experience”) -- I could have done without this.

I hope that gives you some insight.

Thank you for the very thorough and straightforward review!

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Can you imagine being a cast member with this spiel to give? Can't you see that in training? "Next you'll say goodbye by saying sketch you later." "Umm, what? That's only cute one time you know." eye roll, eye roll, eye roll :D Just seems like it would a bit embaressing to have to recite that to every guest!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom