Art of Animation Resort

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
We are going to Disney World for September 2014! I was thinking to stay in the Art of Animation. But I don't know anything about Art of Animation.:cool:

sissa216

yes! I wanted to know what is the names of the Family Suites at AOA?:confused:

You have Finding Nemo, Cars, and The Lion King. They're all similar in layout, just different decor.
One interesting thing- the entry is from interior hallways, unlike standard rooms at Value Resort (the Little Mermaid, standard rooms, are extrior).

There are SO many fun photo opportunities throughout AoA! There are large icons from the movies in each of the themed sections. I really like the Cars section. It is so well done!

Do you mean September 2015? September 2014 is coming up quick, and selling out! There's still Free Dining for many dates, but you'd have to book very soon!

HatboxGhost

We are going to Disney World for September 2014! I was thinking to stay in the Art of Animation. But I don't know anything about Art of Animation.:cool:
My wife and I stayed there last September and we loved it. Its only the two of us but we decided to get a Cars room which would normally be for a family of 4 or 5. The extra space was wonderful as it has two bathrooms so we were able to shower at the same time to save time. The setup inside the rooms were great and they did a wonderful job decorating it Cars style. We had our own little pool which was never really crowded at any time. Cant speak for any of the others but I am sure they are just as nice. Just remember the Little Mermaid rooms are smaller and really not meant for a family situation. Good luck and have fun.

RobUK

Just out of interest, what's the free transport like from here? Does it get crazy busy?

Also, what's breakfast like?

Matt_Black

Just out of interest, what's the free transport like from here? Does it get crazy busy?

I never noticed a problem, but then I hit the buses pretty early. Coming back never seemed to much of a problem either.

Also, what's breakfast like?

Good. Lots of "create your own" stations, like the smoothy bar. Plenty of standards, plus some interesting fair like Tandoori potatoes, Portuguese sausage, vegetarian options, etc.

Scott10

We stayed here for 2 days as we extended our vacation and chose to just do the Little Mermaid section for the value, but still have the opportunity to experience the resort. We had no park plans during this time and I really feel that this place is themed amazingly well. The Cars section is awesome, the Nemo pool is great (my girls loved listening to the music under water!) and we thoroughly enjoyed our short stay. The walk from the Little Mermaid section wasn't as bad as many make it seem in reviews, but as was mentioned earlier, the rooms are small.....we were very excited to get the extra space for the main part of our vacation when we moved over the Riverside. I would love to stay in one of the family suites some day.

sissa216

Also, Art of Animation has the best food court of all the value resorts, and quite possibly one of the best quick service eateries on the entire WDW property.

This too! I was surprised just how great the food was, and what a large selection they offered.

draybook

Good luck getting a FD room. When I called a couple of weeks ago they told me that EVERYTHING was booked, including deluxe resorts.

CaptainShortty

I love Art! You definitely can't get any more "Disney" than staying there. The theming of the resort is just so fun! The suites are nice and have a decent amount of room considering they're in the value category. The food court (Landscape of Flavors) is also fantastic. I highly recommend having at least a meal there when you stay. Enjoy!

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
Thanks for a lot of info about Art of Animation. Our family will take the Art of Animation for September 2014!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom