Art of Animation Price

DfromATX

Original Poster
Has AofA been upgraded to a higher category? We stayed there last July and I've been browsing hotels for our next trip and it seems to have gone up quite a bit - $507 to be exact. We had a Lion King suite and I'm certain we didn't pay that much. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that.

DisneyJoe

Another site lists AoA 2017 Family Suite rates as $432 on weekdays and $484 on weekends between May 29 and August 12. rates include tax.

Are you traveling with more than 2 adults? Do you have the same traveling party as last time?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Rack rates at Art of animation suites currently peaks out around $570 for holiday season and $502 for weekends during peak in 2017.

Last edited:

GCTales

As noted above- was your party composition the same last time?

Was it the same time of year for your previous trip? Sometimes even a week difference I schedule can change pricing from low season to peak times.

How long ago was your previous trip?

DfromATX

Original Poster
As noted above- was your party composition the same last time?

Was it the same time of year for your previous trip? Sometimes even a week difference I schedule can change pricing from low season to peak times.

How long ago was your previous trip?

Yes, same group, and it was July 2016. My kids are all adults except one. I was pricing during Christmas because it only goes to December. I guess that's why it was so much higher, but honestly, I don't remember even paying $400-something. I guess I'm remembering wrong!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, same group, and it was July 2016. My kids are all adults except one. I was pricing during Christmas because it only goes to December. I guess that's why it was so much higher, but honestly, I don't remember even paying $400-something. I guess I'm remembering wrong!
The prices in December can vary by more than $200/night (low is $358 high is $570) in December. A few days in either direction can make a big difference.

It is also possible that you had room discount on your last trip.

GCTales

Early in December can be cheaper than late December (Christmas and New Years are most expensive). Also, early December is

If you are looking at 2018, then there are two price increases involved.

Also, you may have gotten a room discount (as someone noted).

Depending on the composition of your party, there may be other resorts that work

wagner1225

Has AofA been upgraded to a higher category? We stayed there last July and I've been browsing hotels for our next trip and it seems to have gone up quite a bit - $507 to be exact. We had a Lion King suite and I'm certain we didn't pay that much. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that.
We booked for $ 318.00 per night for end of Oct to Nov 4 for Cars Suite, i really drops off season

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom