Art of Animation opening

meekoman

Original Poster
Just got back to my room from attending the grand opening ceremonies for the resort. The detail is absolutely awesome in everything. I attended the ceremony with Meg Crofton speaking for about 10 minutes after which, returning to the main building, cast members lined the hallway applauding everyone entering. The only glitch I saw was that in the food court, near where the reception for disney people, water was gushing out of a air vent.
I took lots of pics, which I hope to post tonight. Heading for DHS now.

maxairmike

Place is absolutely amazing, and the food court...wow! It does not feel like a value resort with the selection in there, plus you get actual dinnerware, not paper and plastic stuff. The naan bread and tandoori selections were delicious!

Disneydreamer23

my mom was the 4th person in the resort! DId you get one of the special addition pins? My mom got one and me one too I was so excited she loved the salad bar she said the food there is healthy and she was the first one to use the bath room there she was prous ha ha! She was the 2nd people to eat there also she said the gelato is amazing also the Sea food burger. I dont know how i feel about that ha ha she also said the Cars hotel is looking awsome too!

bubbles1812

Does anyone know if they are sharing buses with Pop or if they have their own buses?

PLEASE SAY THEY HAVE THEIR OWN!!!!!!!

I'm almost 100% positive they have there own. I'm most likely going in December and I was going to stay at music but Animation seriously looks lovely. Thinking about making the switch now. When do the other phases open?

meekoman

Original Poster
I'm almost 100% positive they have there own. I'm most likely going in December and I was going to stay at music but Animation seriously looks lovely. Thinking about making the switch now. When do the other phases open?

They do have their own bus's. Although we are at POP, we used the AOA bus to get back and check out the resort more and take more pics.
The next phase will be the Cars section on June 16th (I think). The final phase will be the Little Mermaid, which, will be the only area that will have standard rooms and not suites.

Spike-in-Berlin

We just came back to our room at the Pop, from a short walk through the AoA.
Although CMs at the Pop had still told me that the Generation Gap Bridge would remain closed until the total completion of the resort in September, the bridge was open and we could cross it and visit the AoA just like dozens of other Pop resort guests.
Only the central area with the Finding Nemo theming is already open to the public, but we could get a good impression of the Cars area, the Lion King area was too dark and the TLM area is located behind Lion King and you only could see it from very far away.
Several differences make clear that the AoA ia a kind of Premium Value.
There is resort specific merchandise available, T-shirts, polos, basecaps, mugs, ballpens, etc.
The Nemo "Big Blue Pool" area (with a zero level entry area) is completely gated and only open to resort guests, who have to use their room key card to get in.
The theming of the areas is superior to any other value resort, with much more details, landscaping etc. than Pop and Allstars.
The foodcourt is a real beauty, with one seating area for each movie and features also microwaves.
The foodcourt and the gift shop are again in seperated rooms (in opposite to the Pops "Everything Pop") but adjacent.
The AoA definitely doesn't share buses with the Pop or any other resort but has it's own bus stops at every park, mostly directly in front of the Pops stop (e.g. at DHS, Epcot and MK)
To make it brief: If the TLM guest rooms would be already completed and open, we would try by any chance to book them for next week after we return from the Yacht Club (we "go deluxe" tomorrow and stay at the Yacht club for the next days, we always share between value and deluxe)
It's a truly impressive resort and a great addition to the WDW-resort roster, I can't wait to see it completed, especially the Cars area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom