Arendelle, Motorboats, and Monorails

Curious Constance

Can anyone imagine a world where Frozen 2 is actually any good?

I can't.

I also saw the preview of Wreck if Ralph when we went to see Incredibles, and am now convinced the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Incredibles is basically what I thought it would be, but I can't help but like the Parr family a lot, so I enjoyed seeing them together again.

The story line was a bit boring I thought and very predictable.

SuddenStorm

The story line was a bit boring I thought and very predictable.

Well yeah,
A movie that's essentially the same plot as the first, just with Elastigirl taking center stage, and yet another Pixar film with the "good guy ends up being bad twist" as seen in Toy Story 2 and 3, Up, Coco, Monsters Inc, the first Incredibles is going to be a bit boring and predictable. Very little new ground was covered in this film in terms of developing the characters- it seemed to explore the exact themes seen in the first.

TragicMike

Waiting a decade plus to release a mediocre sequel and have it make tons of money seems to be the way to go. It worked with Finding Dory, and now the Incredibles.

So maybe Disney should just wait to release Frozen 2 until it becomes nostalgic.

(I can dream, right?)
>Mediocre
>Incredibles 2

Pick one.

shortstop

See the post directly above. While the character interactions were enjoyable the film played it about as safe as they could, explored no new ground, and overall left me wanting more.
I don’t think playing it safe makes it a bad movie. If you want a real rehash, then Finding Dory is the movie you’re looking for.

Sure, maybe it was predictable, but most Pixar movies are, to an extent.

SuddenStorm

I don’t think playing it safe makes it a bad movie. If you want a real rehash, then Finding Dory is the movie you’re looking for.

Sure, maybe it was predictable, but most Pixar movies are, to an extent.

Mediocre means average, not bad. And when a movie is about as formulaic and predictable as they come, I consider that to be mediocre.

shortstop

Mediocre means average, not bad. And when a movie is about as formulaic and predictable as they come, I consider that to be mediocre.
Maybe the plot was mediocre, but I thought the sight gags were better than any previous Pixar film. It did enough to make up for a cookie cutter plot to stand out as a very good movie (IMO of course).

D

Deleted member 107043

To me I2 was everything anyone would want from a Disney or Pixar animated film, all perfectly packaged in Mid-Century Modern eye candy glamour. It was clever, witty, and fun, but utterly predictable with the obligatory happy ending. In short a perfect summer flick.

BTW, the short, Bao, that proceeded the feature, was exceptional.

GiveMeTheMusic

To me I2 was everything anyone would want from a Disney or Pixar animated film, all perfectly packaged in Mid-Century Modern eye candy glamour. It was clever, witty, and fun, but utterly predictable with the obligatory happy ending. In short a perfect summer flick.

BTW, the short, Bao, that proceeded the feature, was exceptional.

I question your humanity if Bao didn't make you get misty. I full on sobbed.

Professortango1

See the post directly above. While the character interactions were enjoyable the film played it about as safe as they could, explored no new ground, and overall left me wanting more.

No new ground? Mr Incredible having to take a back seat and support instead of take lead. Learning how being a parent is heroic without falling into Mr Mom cliches. Sure, the villain twist was predictable, but I'm an adult watching a kids movie. It's meant to engage, and it certainly did. It's not like the twist was the crux of the story.

I'm against cute characters that only annoy like Baby Groot and ports, but the Jack Jack vs raccoon fight was phenomenal.

Rich T

I'll probably wait for home streaming for I2, but I'm glad Brad Bird's career is getting another well-deserved boost. I think the next animated film that's actually going to get me to a movie theater will be How To Train Your Dragon 3 (The first is my favorite animated film ever, the second made me cry (in a good way), and I can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

Professortango1

I'll probably wait for home streaming for I2, but I'm glad Brad Bird's career is getting another well-deserved boost. I think the next animated film that's actually going to get me to a movie theater will be How To Train Your Dragon 3 (The first is my favorite animated film ever, the second made me cry (in a good way), and I can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

Never got into the H2TYD series. I saw the first one and the live arena show, just don't get the appeal.

Rich T

Never got into the H2TYD series. I saw the first one and the live arena show, just don't get the appeal.
I love the world of Berk; it's the most detailed, wonderful, believable community I've ever seen in animation. The whole viking tribe is just flat-out wonderful, and I like that it's a fantasy world without supernatural "magic"-- It almost plays out like a whimsical historical tale in an alternate Earth where dragons (not magical creatures--just highly dangerous animals) exist. Love the characters, love the tight storytelling and love the textures and detail throughout. Plus, having the hero lose a leg in the final battle was pretty gutsy.
(PS: I'm really jealous you got to see the arena show. Looked fun. A friend brought me back the Viking Beer Stein souvenir.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom