Areas to Live in Near Orlando

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
Areas to Live in or Near Orlando

I am looking to move to the Orlando area later this year and was wondering what areas are good.

elisatonks

I am looking to move to the Orlando area later this year and was wondering what areas are good.

Close areas to Disney are Davenport, Haines City, Clermont , Winter Garden, Windermere, Winter Park, Lake Buena Vista (mostly rental) Kissimmee. If you don't mind live 30-60min away from disney you can also consider St Cloud, Poiniciana (be careful here as could be miles for supermarket and my not be able to get take out delievery.)

We have a manufacturered home off hwy 27 (Davenport locality) and our monthly payment is about $900 when our mortgage and lot rent are added together. manufactured homes only have to pay tag taxes, houses have council taxes added on. (if i remember correctly if it is you perm residence you do get a small tax discount.) Nice subdivison, however 27 is a nasty road.

Aidan Clay

Helpful information

Thanks for sharing this very helpful information. As a vacationer myself, I want to get a place near Disney for a change of ambiance. I frequent the Caribbean so living in Orlando would spell a big difference. Thanks!

hrcollectibles

Original Poster
Thank you for the input. I don't mind having a 30 - 60 minute drive to Orlando as Its a lot better than the 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive I have currently

PattyBell

I am searching also a nice place to live with kids while hubby take a master at UCF...I found Oviedo and Winter Spring the most attractive place. I don´t know if it is as close/safer and have great schools as they let you know in the internet.

Someone knows this areas and have any comments?

islesgirl

a friend of mine lives in Windermere and absolutely loves it. she loves the development she is in and the surrounding area. my other friend lives in kissimmee and he loves his development, but says the surrounding area isn't that great. good luck with the move.

I am searching also a nice place to live with kids while hubby take a master at UCF...I found Oviedo and Winter Spring the most attractive place. I don´t know if it is as close/safer and have great schools as they let you know in the internet.

Someone knows this areas and have any comments?

With the possibility of us moving to central FL, we just came back from a long weekend touring these areas for the same reason, good school systems. The real estate man we toured with said that Oviedo is a smaller community with great schools and received an A on the FL school rating system. The neighborhoods look nice, reasonable size yards some are gated communities some are not. There is a elementary, middle and high school literally right next to each other and UCF is about a mile from there, so I guess technically you could have kids got to school K-college without needing a car, if you lived close to those schools. My one thing w/ Oveido was there was no real town center, they had an older section of Oviedo that is considered the center but if you blink you'll miss it.
Winter Springs was a more populated area and good school system but apparently not as good as Oveido. It was also named #31 for best places to live by Money magazine but the real estate guy said he was surprised by that which may send a red flag up. But I guess those are the areas to look into if you are moving to central FL at least according to this real estate co.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom