Trip Report Are You Serious???!!! My September Trip with a Hidden Agenda

Good evening to you all! it´s been 8 days since my last park day, and 4 days since I´ve been back home. My post-disney depression hasn´t yet started to kick in, so I figured I need to get started on this before it does, I must confess I have no notes, more than 2,500 pictures to go through (mainly in order to remember how things went), and I have a ton of work to do, but I want to ask for your patience, since this will be my first post of many, and the next one will most likely take a while to come.
For now, for those of you who didn´t read my Texty (is that even a word??) PTR and want to take a look, here´s the link

For those of you who don´t feel like reading a ton of text, just bear with me, you´re in for one of the best trips of my life, and one full of surprises.

I have to keep working for now, but I hope to be done soon so I can tell you all about my adventure. Have a magical night!!

amjt660

Premium Member
My bad on the brother thing
I went back and saw that you put int DB in the first post
I took it to mean dear brother

But anyway you slice it is cool to see his smile

Just curious is he normally "goofy" and Disney just accentuated it?
Or was this a side you had not seen before??

Max

Sarabell

Original Poster
09/21 Day 5 - The One With the Castle... and the Mother of Hidden Agendas!

Again the alarm went off at 7:30, I got ready, woke Milo up to get ready and we left home as quick as possible. I told Milo it was finally the day to see the castle. It wasn´t too long (well, if 45-50 minutes isn´t too long for you) before we saw this
DSC09572.JPG

I was so excited, and Milo must´ve been too because he took 7 pictures of it as we approached it.

We parked, and while we waited for the tram Milo got antsy and asked: "are you sure we´re in the right place? I can´t see the castle anywhere" Oh, ust wait little grasshopper, fun things are yet to come before you see the castle... The tram arrived and on our way we went. We arrived at the TTC, and Milo asked again about the castle. I explained to him that the castle wasn´t here, but we needed to take the monorail to get to it (see @Uncle Lupe ? I told you, a little kid, just way bulkier).

There was a line for the monorail, but I was beyond excited to ride, cause on my last trip I didn´t get to do it, and before that I had rode it in 1996, so it had been a VERY long time. Wanna see how excited I was? take a look (cause off course there´s a whole bunch of pics Milo took)
DSC09590.JPG

My beloved Monorail was here, and it was now finally time to go see the castle, but not without being transported back to my childhood with monorail words of wisdom "Por favor, manténgase alejado de las puertas". I was home!!
DSC09604.JPG

See Milo? I told you I would take you to the castle... Man of little faith! :p

Soo, we got off the monorail and this is obviously a picture we had to take. It´s not exactly the ideal picture, but there was a long line to have the photopass guy take it, so we worked with what we had, which was Milo´s long arms
DSC09612.JPG

We entered the park into Main Street, and Milo´s jaw dropped. Don´t get me wrong, all the parks are beautifull, but here you literally enter into a little world of fantasy, where every detail is well thought and perfectly executed. He couldn´t believe his eyes. I have to say there were a lot of people there this day. I know it doesn´t compare to summer or anything, but the place was really crowded for low season, and compared to the crowds at AK or Epcot the previous day. It also was REALLY HOT!

Why did he look so tense, almost scared in this next picture?o_O
DSC09613.JPG

Ok, it´s finally time for a picture (or a thousand) with the castle.
DSC09622.JPG
DSC09625.JPG

DSC09630.JPG

I love that last picture. He looks genuinely happy, almost triumphant.

We started with Adventureland, and we had a FP for POtC, but it was down, so that was not an option. I looked at the app and found a FP for later in the day, so I went ahead and changed it. Jungle cruise had the longest line ever, and after doing the safari at AK, this attraction doesn´t seem so appealing anymore. The magic carpets had an insane line too, and I know if I made Milo sit through the Tiki Room he wasn´t gonna be happy, plus I´m kinda scared of birds, and although I know those are not real and will not attack me (like piggeons have), I can live without them.

Since there was nothing in Adventureland for us to do, we continued our walk towards frontierland. I was super bummed that SM was down for refurbishment, cause MK is not the same without it. It was so hot, Milo was getting kinda cranky, and I couldn´t let that hapen, so I decided Country Bears would be a nice way to get out of the heat, plus it´s a must do for me. Me and my dad always watched this show together, even when the rest of our party didn´t want to watch a bunch of old bears singing country tunes, we would split from them and go watch it, so I told Milo this story, and although he doesn´t like country music, I think the idea of AC was good enough, and the show was about to start so in we went. I obviously recorded part of the show and sent it to my dad for old times´ sake

To my surprise, Milo really liked the show, and he took some pretty good pics of it
DSC09643.JPG

After the show it was time for my dose of Mickey Ice cream bar, so we got one of those and a strawberry one from the cart across the street, and kept walking towards liberty square to see if HM had a good wait. We had a FP for it pretty soon, but I really wanted to go through the queue. Well, the line was INSANELY LONG! even the FP line was long, so we kept walking. IASW had a 25 minute wait, which didn´t look too bad, so we waited.

Milo didn´t hate it. He actually thought it was "a cute ride you can do once every ten years" :hilarious:

It was now time for our HM FP, so we headed there.

Will continue as soon as I can.. I promise :brb:

Last edited:

Sarabell

Original Poster
My bad on the brother thing
I went back and saw that you put int DB in the first post
I took it to mean dear brother

But anyway you slice it is cool to see his smile

Just curious is he normally "goofy" and Disney just accentuated it?
Or was this a side you had not seen before??

Max

No worries, I just hope he never becomes anything that resembles a brother :D

Milo is normally very goofy. He´s always outgoing and a very happy person in general. Disney did accentuate it a bit, cause he felt he could act like a kid freely there. It was fun and slightly embarrasing at times :p

Sarabell

Original Poster
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom Cont.

I left you as we were entering HM to use our FP. It was now empty, which was a relief, and we went straight into the stretching room. It as a fun ride as always, and Milo liked it very much. He loved the hitchiking ghosts!

We were kinda starving by now, and lunch would be at Columbia Harbor House. I had the breaded shrimp and Milo went with the mac n cheese with shrimp. I always love my shrimp, and Milo really enjoyed the mac n cheese. He did say they taste really rich. No food pics again. I´m sorry, I really dropped the ball with the food this trip :banghead:

We left the restaurant and I wanted to see the tangled restrooms, so we made a pit stop there, and after that we took a couple selfies
IMG_20170921_130451.jpg

I loved the theming of this area. It really looks lovely, but it gets crowded too.

The time was now approaching for our next FP, so we headed that way.
IMG_20170921_131953.jpg

I just love POTC, it´s an old time favorite of mine, and the movies just made it better. Milo agreed with my opinion, and after the ride we browsed the shop for a while, and I found this hot pirate
IMG_20170921_134549.jpg

I liked it so much I took it home with me... :D Actually, Milo wanted to buy this hat to wear when he´s playing on stage, but in the end he decided against it (thank god...)

We still had to do the rest of fantasyland´s attractions, so we went through frontierland and liberty square again, where we decided to go into the christmas shop to buy a little something for Milo´s mom and her husband. They really love christmas so we got them a lovely tree ornament.
As we left the shop, we found ourselves trapped by the parade crowd, so we just stood by the liberty bell and enjoyed. That dragon is really impressive!
IMG_20170921_141340.jpg
Milo hadn´t seen mickey yet, and the wait at Townsquare Theater hadn´t gotten below 90 minutes since we arrived, so it wasn´t likely that we were gonna get our picture with Mickey, so pics of parade Mickey would have to do for now.
DSC09658.JPG

We finished watching the parade and continued towards Fantasyland, and into this cool show:
DSC09682.JPG

I knew Milo would like it, and he really did enjoy it.

Sarabell

Original Poster
The wait for the show said 10 minutes, but it was more like 25. It wasn´t a problem though, cause Milo loved the theming of the queue, and he did one of his photoshoots.
DSC09685.JPG
DSC09693.JPG
DSC09688.JPG
DSC09698.JPG

After Phillarmagic, it was time for the both of us to go see the new fantasyland for the first time. Our first stop was Gaston´s Tavern. Milo had never seen Beauty and the Beast, but when the motion picture came out, we went to see it, and he really liked it, so he was now in context and understood what this place was about. The heat was really getting the best of us by now, and it was nice to go into Gaston´s and see they had free iced water in there, It was a relief, cause I had had a giant soda for lunch, and yet I was still thirsty and sweating like a crazy person.

Milo took possesion of this little chair, and he thought it suited him. Look at him with his "I´m the boss" face. So Gastonish! And since the real Gaston wasn´t around for pictures, Milo settled for a picture by the fountain.
DSC09714.JPG
DSC09717.JPG

Up next was my beloved Ariel. And a new photoshoot by Milo
DSC09731.JPG
DSC09775.JPG

I really liked this ride. and Milo thought it was a good book report for the movie, which I guess is a good thing (???)

Next stop was storybook circus. We thought about riding Dumbo, but the line was too long, so we just looked around and kept walking.

That Jack Sparrow hat was still in the back of Milo´s mind, and he wanted to go back and buy it, so we went back to the POTC shop, but not without stopping for a new castle photoshoot:
DSC09794.JPG
DSC09799.JPG

Sarabell

Original Poster
We continued towards Adventureland to get the hat, and after trying it on, Milo decided against it again. We were getting hungry, so we decided to buy a snack. We went into Tortuga Tavern, and since I had told Milo about the smoked turkey leg (remember? anything smoked), we got one to share.
DSC09810.JPG
DSC09821.JPG

Such attractive pictures... Milo was loving the turkey leg... and then I told him how awesome it was that the whole thing is so tasty when turkey meat us usually pretty tasteless, but it´s because the inject salty water in it... well, I ruined the whole thing for him... I told you he´s a picky eater, and he said after that, it just tasted like salty water. I think it´s dumb, and he ate the rest of it, but he really didn´t enjoy it. I´m sorry Milo, but after I like something, there´s nothing that can ruin it for me, and salty water isn´t so bad...

We had a FP for BTMR at 5:55, and it was now time for it, so we went there and we both enjoyed our ride. Milo pointed out that MK really needs to work on their rollercoaster game, and I did mention the drop in Splash Mountain, but there was no way to show him there is actually an exciting ride at MK, that is actually beautifull on top of it. Next time I guess...

We still hadn´t been to tomorrowland, and we were exhausted and the temperature wasn´t dropping. We were walking and had to stop at Cosmic Rays because our feet were so sore and we needed to sit down for a bit and drink something. We got a soda and sat down for about 10 minutes, and continued our journey. I saw people were leaving COP and very few people were waiting to get in, so we hurried that way and I explained Milo what it was about and that it was kinda long and we could get some rest just sitting there and enjoying the show. Well, Milo fell asleep 5 minutes into it. I love COP so I did watch the whole thing and let Milo take a nap. It was a good choice, cause he woke up and felt a bit more rested.

We then proceeded to the Peoplemover, which would be some extra well deserved rest for our sore feet. There was actually a line for it! I had never seen this happen, so I guess the park really was crowded for low season. The lights were on in Space Mountain, which was pretty dissapointing. I don´t like Space Mountain anymore. Last time I rode I came out with a hurt neck and a migraine that lasted for hours after that. I loved it when I was a kid and I guess they tried to make it more exciting (?) by jerking you around like there´s no tomorrow. I was willing to go through it to show Milo the other rollercoaster in MK, but when we came out of the TTA, we found it was down and there was no word on when or if it would be fixed that day. Astro orbiter had a very long line and Buzz Spaceranger Spin had an insane 120 minute line, so we opted out, and there was basically nothing else for us to do there, so we decided it was time to go find a spot near the castle for the fireworks, and to sit down and rest. It was still very hot and we were miserable and just didn´t feel like doing anything else or walking anymore.

We did stop for a pic coming out of tomorrowland.
DSC09831.JPG

We got to the castle and there was a photpass girl right there, so why not? we got some more castle pictures :rolleyes:
DSC09839.JPG

DSC09841.JPG

There wasn´t a bunch of people on that spot, so we thought it would be a good spot to watch the fireworks. I´m short, so behind the partners statue works perfectly, cause I don´t have anyone tall in front of me covering my view :D. We just camped there. It was now 7:15, and the fireworks were at 9, so we had a lot of time of seating there, but we didn´t feel like walking anymore. We stood there peoplewatching for a while, and all of a sudden, across from the statue, I saw a guy in a goofy hat drop on one knee :eek: it was so cute and romantic, and the girl cried and said yes so everyone could hear. And then the argentinian guy behind Milo and I yells "good boy goofy!!" and everyone around laughed out loud :facepalm:. It was strange, cause the guy said it in spanish, so we understood, but then why did everyone else laugh too? did everyone around us speak spanish or something? I thought it was weird and a bit rude when it was such an important moment for this couple.

We sat down on the floor and waited, and waited, and then I rested my head on Milo´s legs and fell asleep, and woke up, and ten we waited some more. It was now dark and we were in the most photogenic place, so I decided to try a pic
DSC09846.JPG

It´s out of focus, but I am the worst photographer you will find, and I liked it anyway cause the place is just beautiful and the lighting is perfect. If anyone has an actual good picture taken from hereand doesn´t mind sharing it, I would love to have it as my desktop image.

It was now time for Once Upon a Time, so everyone stood up and so did we. As I thought, the spot we picked was really good. I could see the whole thing without anyone blocking me. Milo stood behind me hugging me and we both enjoyed the projections. Milo was very quiet, but I was mesmerized by this majestic show so I thought he was just as into it as I was.

When the Frozen projections started, Milo hugged me hard. Frozen was the latest Disney movie we had watched together, maybe a couple of weeks ago, so he got excited seeing it there. Well, no... He started talking to my ear, quietly, just for the both of us, very serious, he said "I want to thank you for such a great trip, for bringing me to this magical place that you love so much, and now I see why it means so much to you. It´s a place where we´re all better people, happy people, just like I am since we´ve been together. You make me a better man, you make me happy and for that I am eternally grateful" I figured out this was not about the show, and my knees started shaking. He continued " I have something for you. I´m gonna put it in your hand, please take it" and he put a velvety little box in my hand. I WENT INTO SHOCK as I opened the box to find the smallest, most perfect little ring ever. He said a few more words, but to be honest, it´s all blurry from there onwards. I remember little bits, like I was drunk. The only words I could manage to say were "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" and then I started crying, ok, not crying, I started SOBING! he took the box from my hands and I just covered my face and sobbed like I had just gotten really bad news. I don´t know why I did that, I was happy beyond belief!, but I just couldn´t stop. He turned me around, I didn´t see his face but I know (he told me later) he was absolutely dumbfounded by my reaction. He said in a kind of discouraged and very scared voice "Will you marry me?" and I said (while still crying my eyes off and with my hands on my face) "OFF COURSE I WILL!!!" so he told me "will you please lend me your hand so I can put this ring on your finger?" and he took my hand and he was now on his knees. I hugged him so hard, I think all of the fear he felt just seconds ago vanished, and we stayed there, hugging for a few minutes. I couldn´t believe this had just happened, and it was perfect. I still couldn´t stop crying, and that made me laugh a little, and we both laughed about it, and decided we needed to see what was left of the show.

I honestly don´t remember the rest of the show. I didn´t care, I had just gotten proposed at Magic Kingdom, in front of the castle! If someone had told me Milo thought that was a good idea, I would´ve laughed. I didn´t know he had figured out how important this could be for me, and for that I love him more. Happily Ever After would start soon, but we didn´t want to wait. The few people around us who wittnessed our quiet affair congratulated us when the show ended, and we started our walk towards the entrance. Milo asked for something to drink, poor thing was still terrified, so we went into confectionary and got him some coke, and then we had to take a picture of the ring to send to our loved ones.
DSC09856.JPG

Now I needed to get us buttons, so we walked into Emporium and I approached the nice man at the cashier and politely asked him if I could have a couple of Happily Ever After buttons. This man looked like Santa Claus without the beard. He looked at me and asked with a very serious face "Why?" and the rest of or conversation went like this:
"We just got engaged"
"Where?"
"In front of the castle, just how it should be"
"you´re right. Do you have any pictures of it?"
"No sir, it was very quiet and during the show"
"Did he get on one knee?"
"Yes sir, he did"
"I´m sorry, I don´t believe you, I need to see it with my own eyes"
Milo had that dumbfounded look on his face again. He looked at me, then he looked at Mr. beardless Santa, and he didn´t know what to do, so I told him "I think you need to get down on your knee". He looked very confused, but he started kneeling down, and Mr. Santa said
"Wait! give me the camera" and he took the camera that was hanging from Milo´s neck, and said "Now you can ask"
DSC09859.JPG

He took the pic and said, now get up and let me congratulate you both. He now had the biggest smile on his face, and he hugged us both and yelled "May I have everyone´s attention please!! this young couple just got engaged in front of the castle, like it should be :)D), so I need everyone to congratulate them with a big round of applause!"

Off course everyone applauded and a lot of people approached us and congratulated us. It was such a magical moment and so funny. Mr. Santa proceeded to give us our buttons, and the girl who was on the next cashier told us to wait, took an extra pair of buttons and a sharpie, and wrote Just Engaged on them, along with the date, and put adhesive tape all over the button and gave it to us and said "so it doesn´t get erased". I wanted to jump across the cashier and hug this girl. So thoughtful and sweet!

We left Emporium and Happily Ever After was starting. Milo asked if I wanted to stay and see it, but we had owr own Happily Ever After going on. I didn´t need to stay cause I had all I needed right in front of me.
DSC09866.JPG

Another pic for our families, and out of the park we walked. One last pic in front of the Railroad Station with a tiny bit of fireworks in the back to remember this important day
DSC09878.JPG

And up to the monorail station so we could start our drive home. He told me the whole story behind the proposal, and we laughed like kids cause it was all so eventful!

He had it planned since July, and on July 15, the day we went to a friend´s wedding and I caugt the bouquet he had just told my best friend he was planning to propose. He had told my family and his on his graduation day, the day before our trip, and that day he had to go get the ring cause the jeweler had taken longer than expected to make it (He had it custom made for me, with the little diamond cause my hand is so small, and it doesn´t stick out cause I´m a makeup artist and I don´t want to scratch anyone´s face with the diamond, he thought about everything, and I wanted to stop the car in the middle of I4 and hug him again while he told me all this).

He told me how he told my dad when he drove us to the airport cause he didn´t have time to go to his house the day before, he had put the ring in his checked bag, and when I asked him about his camera and said he should put it in his carry on so he could keep it supervised he realized putting the ring there was stupid, but he had to keep me distracted so he could take it out, so he started a stupid fight with me, cause he knows when he fights me I just look the other way and ignore him, and then he got stopped by the immigration officer in Fort Lauderdale cause he had made strange movements with his luggage at our local airport and the airline reported it, so even the immigration officer knew I was gonna get engaged before I did! :hilarious:

And then the story about the extra clothes in case we got wet (I did find that very odd), and our AK day when I didn´t know if I had locked the car, so there was a diamond engagement ring in the trunk of our maybe unlocked car, and I didn´t wanna go back to check so he had to suffer through the whole day thinking about the ring, and the fact that I actually found the ring the day we arrived, when I was taking out his stuff from his carry on while he went to te restroom, cause we had to give the bag to my mom, and my mom took the little bag from my hands (very rudely I must add) and told me it was a present she had brought for someone... It really was a very eventful proposal that almost went wrong too many times, but it ended up being just perfect.

Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoy this day as much as I enjoyed writting about it (I cried a bit too), and we still have more days to come!

Ms.Sunshine

I really enjoyed your trip report! It was great to see Milo experience Disney for the first time! And congratulations! your engagement story was beautiful:inlove:

KatieLVT

What an awesome story! Congratulations to both of you! He really is a keeper if he went to all the trouble to make sure it was a special moment for the both of you. :)

Second Star to the Right

Congratulations!!! That was just the sweetest story ever! He really did think of everything and I think it's so sweet how it was an intimate moment between the two of you even though you were surrounded by people. What an awesome story! :D:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom