• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Are You Renewing Your Annual Pass?

• Total voters

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster

You may change your vote at any time if you decide to get a pass or not get a pass.

Tony the Tigger

Advertisement
I said yes because no implies “never again.”

We get AP’s every other year and that is not changing so, we are “renewing” the way we always do.

Chef Mickey

I let mine expire and will renew again when I plan my next trip.

As a little tip for Disney, I'd make it so that instead of immediately starting the 1 year on renewal, they allowed a period of not starting the clock until first use.

It is a 15% savings, but unless you're going in the first 2 months of renewal, it makes more sense to renew as a new pass holder when you plan your next trip. Otherwise, you're wasting time.

It's stupid that renewals start on the day of renewal (your original anniversary date). I think you should get a 3-6 month window before the clock starts on the renewal. If you use it immediately, of course the clock starts.

Last edited:

Abyssal_S

Premium Member
Plan to for a good while, we’ve gotten pretty tired of other parks after we went so many times.

Oddysey

My DW and I have been Florida Resident Passholders for 15 years, and my DD 8 years (her lifetime). My DW and I had a discussion when the most recent price increase was announced, and decided that the value proposition offered by Disney is no longer in our favor, and we will not be renewing for the 16th consecutive year. The the loss of value is not specifically related to only the price of admission, but that is a completely different topic.

All of the above to say that I voted no, but need to clarify that the no vote is for our next renewal cycle only. It does not mean we will never purchase another AP. I suspect we will probably buy in again once the new Epcot is completed. Where we go from there, time will tell.

eliza61nyc

I should say I'll be getting a new one. I didn't renew it last year because I knew this year I'd be traveling other places and wouldn't get to the world. Next year I've got 2 definite's and a 3rd possible on the books so it will absolutely save me a few bucks.

haven't checked the dvc discount yet, keeping my fingers crossed that they will give us a decent discount.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

Going to wait a while before buying passes again. We get FL resident passes. We decided to wait and let all the construction dust settle before heading back.

But we will be back.

wendysue

We went to WDW in August and said "What the heck, let's pop for AP's one last time". I am retiring next year and then won't be able to afford to go. So I have 2 more trips scheduled for Nov. and Jan. (weather permitting). At least with having AP's we can get a room only discount letting us cancel within 5 days of the trip if needed. I've been really upset with all the price increases lately and know the end is coming, so we are going to whoop it up for a little while anyway. :)

OneofThree

FL residents.

We let our passes expire this year due to consistent overcrowding. We'll still go here and there, but it won't be the typical 6 trips, and length of stay will be shortened as well.

Janir

I let mine expire and will renew again when I plan my next trip.

As a little tip for Disney, I'd make it so that instead of immediately starting the 1 year on renewal, they allowed a period of not starting the clock until first use.

It is a 15% savings, but unless you're going in the first 2 months of renewal, it makes more sense to renew as a new pass holder when you plan your next trip. Otherwise, you're wasting time.

It's stupid that renewals start on the day of renewal (your original anniversary date). I think you should get a 3-6 month window before the clock starts on the renewal. If you use it immediately, of course the clock starts.
That sucks... Was hoping that there would be some time to buy and not activet them..

Top Bottom