Are you ready for some (college) football?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

She's ignoring me. But I'm expecting some action after midnight Saturday. And some real trash talking leading up to the 16th...we've kinda got this drink thing riding on that game. May need you to take a quick trip to WDW for moral support if that game doesn't go well for us.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I've mentioned gummy bears several times now, many of you are probably wondering??? So let me explain.

Back when my daughter was a kid (just realised she'll be 30 in 3 months! :eek: ), she loved gummy bears...and it was one of the few things you could sneak into Doak without them confiscating. So one game, a particularly close game, she ate the entire bag...and we won. So she, with the logic of a 12 year old, decided that gummy bears were the magic talisman to win games and if she had gummies for a game, we'd never lose. She's conveniently forgotten those 10 years after 2000. Especially that rain soaked Wake Forest fiasco in 2005. And we were there until the game clock counted down to zero....

Part of my shopping list today fot Uni will be several bags of Publix gummy bears. Yes, they must be Publix gummy bears, no other brand or type of gummy candy will work. And only she can eat the red ones, the rest of us are delegated the green and yellow ones.

Haven't looked at the spread. Kinda ignoring all the reports on line and in the Democrat. Really liked Jimbo' s pep talk to the Chiefs last week, though. Can't wait for them to march onto Doak - always brings a lump to my throat.

GO NOLES!

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
On a more somber note, my thoughts and prayers are with all you Longhorns, Aggies, and Bears fans. The suffering Texans are enduring right now is heartbreaking - and it's time to put our differences aside and help our fellow countrymen. Just know that we Floridians have got your back and you're always welcome here - especially if you bring some good barbecue with you.

21stamps

She's ignoring me. But I'm expecting some action after midnight Saturday. And some real trash talking leading up to the 16th...we've kinda got this drink thing riding on that game. May need you to take a quick trip to WDW for moral support if that game doesn't go well for us.

Ha ha I'm not ignoring you!!!

I like that you're already semi accepting a probable loss ;).

@JohnD I already made a NCAA thread in the Sports forum... now I'm going to be confused between the 2 lol

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ha ha I'm not ignoring you!!!

I like that you're already semi accepting a probable loss ;).

@JohnD I already made a NCAA thread in the Sports forum... now I'm going to be confused between the 2 lol

You keep saying that...and I keep responding in the negative....

See if the Mods can merge the two threads.

JohnD

Original Poster

I'm at WDW for more than a week (9/16 - 24). But, hey, I've got the beach for Labor Day weekend first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom