Are you known as 'the person who goes to Disney'?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
People at work seem to think I'm the Disney vacation "expert" and have asked my opinion of how to plan their own trips. Although I'm far from an expert, I enjoy sharing tips, and really try to personalize my suggestions, based upon their own interests.

And yes, there are a few people who don't understand what all the hype is about, but they're entitled to their opinion. Too bad, they are missing out on the fun.

jlsHouston

Yes, I am. As a matter of fact, it's a running joke with some of my co-workers. Every time they bring up one of our trips the amount I paid grows to enormous proportions.

My relatives do this to me...but I don't care...I found WDW late in life ...but thankfully not too late! And yes, even the president of the company I lease to apparently got the word I have turned into a disney fanatic and shared with me, he and his family have made 42 trips to WDW and DL in the past 30 years!

Disneydreamer23

I'm moving to celebration next year we'll be neighbors
I'm known as the guy who goes every three months and is moving to the Celebration-Kissimmee area in 2017. So, you can imagine how messed up people think I am. But I don't care, it makes me happier than anything else in world, so I kind of have a "screw them!" attitude :)

Tribritt

Just curious as to whether people know you as the person who goes to Disney? I don't bore people with my love for Disney World, however I'm aware at work I'm kind of known as the guy who goes to Disney every year. I think with my wife and I being in our forties and not having any kids, that behind my back one or two think we're a bit odd going to Disney each year to be honest. It doesn't really bother me as we love going and don't do it to impress other people, sometimes though I do get the questions "Isn't it just for kids" or "Why do the same thing every year".

Anyway I don't mind being 'the guy who goes to Disney' but just wondered what people's perception is of you for being that person?
I have two rooms in my house decorated Disney. Our family vacations have always been Disney! All my coworkers know I love Disney. Lol

NearTheEars

Just curious as to whether people know you as the person who goes to Disney? I don't bore people with my love for Disney World, however I'm aware at work I'm kind of known as the guy who goes to Disney every year. I think with my wife and I being in our forties and not having any kids, that behind my back one or two think we're a bit odd going to Disney each year to be honest. It doesn't really bother me as we love going and don't do it to impress other people, sometimes though I do get the questions "Isn't it just for kids" or "Why do the same thing every year".

Anyway I don't mind being 'the guy who goes to Disney' but just wondered what people's perception is of you for being that person?

I'm known as the guy who "goes to Disney every week" which really is an exaggeration. It's about every other week.

sydney

Im 22 and the people I work with are ofen torn between "you should be going get drunk on the beach and party not going with your family to a children's place" and "I wish I could go to Disney World "
Personally, I would much rather a family vacation to Disney World than a crazy beach bash so yes, I am known as the disney chick. (Besides I actually like spending time with my family:happy::rolleyes:)

draybook

My relatives do this to me...but I don't care...I found WDW late in life ...but thankfully not too late! And yes, even the president of the company I lease to apparently got the word I have turned into a disney fanatic and shared with me, he and his family have made 42 trips to WDW and DL in the past 30 years!

Yeah, our site director found out about my love of Disney shortly after I started working for the company. One of her daughters goes with her husband and their children, but I don't think they've been as much as we have.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Im 22 and the people I work with are ofen torn between "you should be going get drunk on the beach and party not going with your family to a children's place" and "I wish I could go to Disney World "
Personally, I would much rather a family vacation to Disney World than a crazy beach bash so yes, I am known as the disney chick. (Besides I actually like spending time with my family:happy::rolleyes:)
X2 from a fellow 20 something!

mr_braver23

Same here. The guys at work know better than to pick the first week in March :)

Dwarful

Then I must be the resident expert from "northern Illinois".:rolleyes: We too, have gone many times with no kids. The last time we went, in January, we didn't even tell anyone we were going. No one even knew we were gone....until we got a nasty snowstorm and had to call my sister to go to our house and check things and "please shovel, I'll owe you"....:D
Makes me the resident expert from "southern Illinois". At least we are well represented! Sometimes we go once a year, others we go up to three times a year.

Britt

LOL....I'm a SAHM, but among our friends, I suppose so. They always ask when they're looking into planning trips. We've only gone twice...which is nothing really compared to some of the pros on here. Going to Disneyland this year though! :D We're catching up ;)

Club34

Um, I am the northern Illinois Disney expert. Sorry, but I had to let you know. And being in my 40s and no kids and now probably having to go solo moving forward, yeah most people think I'm odd. What can you do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom