Are you into Disney Scrapbooking?

rileyspaw

Original Poster
Are any of you message board members Disney scrapbookers? I have done 6 trips in scrapbooks and find it a great way to relive the enjoyment of our Disney experience. There's a lot of time involved but being retired does have it's advantages.

autumndawn1006

I let the kids set up the books on the 8 hour trip down, and put in everything but the pictures on the way back. Not as good of scrapbooks as I might want, but the kids love it and it is so quiet.

nillyp

I am so into Disney scrapbooking. I spent more money on my scrapbook than I spent on all my other souviners combined! I went to Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart and bought all these cute Disney scrapbooking stickers. I had bought the actual scrapbook at Disney World. I put everything in it, receipts from dinners, our Keys to the Kingdom, airplane tickets, and I even pulled the paper off the soap and put it in there. I love doing the scrapbooking because it takes awhile, and like you said, it is a great way to relive the trip. I probably look at my past scrapbooks at least once a week.

jayjay

Are any of you message board members Disney scrapbookers? I have done 6 trips in scrapbooks and find it a great way to relive the enjoyment of our Disney experience. There's a lot of time involved but being retired does have it's advantages.

I did our 1st one. I was able to get hundres of photos in one regular book. I got very creative. I did a BIG Mickey collage for the Downtown Disney pictures; in the showcase, I did a wheel that turns and shows you each country at a time, and in MGM, I made a film reel so that I could make it look like negatives with all of the characters my son posed with.

figment1985

oh lord...

you should SEE my disney scrapbook.. it's amazing... I spent so much time and soooooo much money on it, and it turned out so nicely.. I think I might scan or take some pictures of my album tonight to share with you all......

BRER STITCH

I've done some special scrap books as gifts for family members who have gone with me on special occasions.

I've been to WDW so many times that it never even occurred to me to make on for myself, but once I realized how important it might be to capture certain "once in a lifetime" family trips I jumped all over it!

One trip to a craft store will open your eyes to the fact that you could spend a fortune on a single book, but there is no need to do so if you use all the stuff you get during your WDW trips.

One book I was especially proud of, and everyone still looks at all the time is the one I did for my parents 40th Anniversary. My brother, sister, and I gave them the trip for their Anniversary, and then My sister, her kids, and I went down there with them to help celebrate! The pictures were just perfect and the book came out great. They still get tears in their eyes every time they open it.

I've done a couple others, too, and always have a great time re-creating those special moments to share with others.

:)

celticdog

Disney makes is so easy to create a scrapbook, especially with store at DTD. They have such a great assortment of albums, kits and accessories. I currently have four Disney scrapbooks from four separate vacations and one from a non-Disney vacation. The only time I do any scrapbooking is for a vacation. It's the quickest and easiest way to capture the memories.

I recently completed a scrapbook for a non-Disney vacation. I completed 75 pages in 90 days. It was a relaxed pace and I had a good time doing it.

figment1985

One trip to a craft store will open your eyes to the fact that you could spend a fortune on a single book, but there is no need to do so if you use all the stuff you get during your WDW trips.
:)

Right. That's exactly what happened to me. One day at the scrapbooking store in my town, I spent almost $100 on stickers, disney themed pages, etc... I was like omigod what have I done? lol.. .... THEN i realized I could cut out pictures from brochures and I used hotel maps, even disney toothpicks that were in my burger at sci fi from MGM! On one my scrapbooking pages, I have glued my EMH braclets, hotel key/tickets, and Pleasure Island ticket stubs. It will be fun to see how they change over the years. :eek:

rileyspaw

Original Poster
I did a yearbook for my granddaughter entitled, "A Year in the Life of a 5-Year Old!" It began with her 5th birthday party and I presented it to her all wrapped up for her 6th birthday. I did pages on her, Granny, and I doing special things together. I had events covered like her "graduation from pre-school, meeting SANTA at Christmas, a vacation at the beach, playing in our backyard, learning to swim, etc.

I'm not too sure she appreciates my efforts right now but I'm betting when she looks at it years from now a smile will come across her face and she'll remember her PAW fondly!

TTFN-Tiggger

Yes I do scrapbook my trips. There are so many neat stickers, punches and paper that you can buy. When I miss Disney I sit and look through the albums to bring back the great memories. I have also made albums for 4 of my neices that have gone with me in the past - they make nice holiday/birthday gifts. I also have a small creative memories album(7X7) with mickey on the cover. In this book I complete 1 page from each trip. I just keep on adding to this - neat to keep as a coffee table book. :king:

rileyspaw

Original Poster
I haven't yet...but its something that I would like to start doing. :animwink:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

I recommend you start out slowly because it can get very expensive quickly. It's addictive when you walk through the asiles of AC MOORE, MICHAELS, WALMART, or a local scrapbooking store! There is so much out there for Disney scrapbooking that it will make your head spin!!

campdisney

[One trip to a craft store will open your eyes to the fact that you could spend a fortune on a single book

That is exactly why I have been afraid to go down that road. I think I could really get into it. Too into it.

WAY too into it. :lookaroun

My husband shares this fear. He knows me all too well. :lol:

I generally buy a photo album at WDW, group the pictures according to park, hotel, dining, etc. At the end, I put park maps, times sheets, hotel maps, etc in plastic sleeves that fit the book. The countdown calendar and a copy of our trip itinerary go in front. Then I lay out the inside front and back cover with park passes, room keys & pieces of the EMH wristbands with double sided tape. That's it. A one or two afternoon project at best.

I've looked at those scrapbooking kits at WDW: the cute background papers, the borders, the cut-outs. I look at them every trip.

Alot.

I don't know how much longer I can resist. :lookaroun

This is also why I don't buy pins. :D

rileyspaw

Original Poster
We have been to WDW 82 times over the years and I probably have close to 30 Disney photo albums with some books containing more than one trip.

My wife suggested that now that I'm retired I should go back and start turning them into scrapbooks! I told her I don't have enough years left to get all that done!:lol:

P.S. I counted over 130 pictures of CINDERELLA's CASTLE alone from all our trips!

takeleus

Scrapbook Laminating

I also scrapbook, but I have not started on the parks yet. I have 4 scrapbooks from my cruises. I bought a laminating machine and some 30 mil low gloss laminating paper with holes punched in the sides. I get all my laminating supplies from a company called Jackson-Hirsh. http://www.jhlaminating.com/ That is what I use, any thing that can be laminated goes in the scrap book every thing else goes in a box. If this is the way you want to do it do not buy the cheap 3 mil paper from office depot buy the thicker paper from a company that specializes in laminating. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

My addiction is taking pictures. I have over 4000 pictures from my Disney trips and 3000 from my 4 cruises. I know that seems like a lot but I always think of something that I may have missed. A lot of the pictures I print and laminate in the scrap book to have the photo with the item. To me this is the best way to save your memories.
FYI: for those of you in high natural disaster areas, once they are laminated they are protected.<O:p</O:p

KnK

We started a book several years ago. It takes us forever to get a page done. (My husband has to have everything just so!) I think last year we got about 4 done.

Each year we pick a different theme for that year. A couple of years ago the theme was the different countries of Epcot. We decided that we would find something for under $5 at each country and base the pages on that item. I was amazed at the various items that we were able to find.

Aurora_25

I love to scrapbook and Disney is the main "theme" in all of them since we go 2 times a year. Creative Memories has the smaller books that are red with the Mickey icon on the side- very cute and less pages to work with, which is good for some of the kids scrapbooks. I have more stickers and supplies than I will probably ever use (or mabe not??) but I just can't help but buy a little every time I am at the craft store or at Downtown Disney at their scrapbook store there. I have 5 scrapbooks that have come from Disney World and 3 from Creative memories. I have finished with 3 of them but am still working on more.

I also do autograph books for my kids everytime we go so that they are personalized and generally the Characters end up writing more in their book because it's bigger and has more room. Then at the end of the trip I put a picture of my child with the character next to their autograph- really memorable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom