Are you buying Genie+

Will you buy Genie+

• Total voters

ThistleMae

I'm going to use the EMH for the couple rides I want at each park. Then I'll decide based on wait times whether I should consider it on a day to day basis. Right now I'm thinking I won't need it, but I'm going the week before Christmas so it depends on the crowds as well. I like many of the not as popular rides, so I think I might be all set.

PolynesianPrincess

So what happens when you go to book an attraction and there are no available times the rest of the day? Will they "sell out" the way paper FP used to? I've been told when you try and book another attraction, it gives you the next available time but what happens if that time is the only one left coincides with your dining reservations? Are you GUARANTEED to ride every attraction LL offers?

Disstevefan1

What you proposed is entirely incoherent and makes no sense at all.

You said: Genie will send people to rides with low waits to deliberately cause them to develop high waits to force people to pay to ride them.

Except the only rides available to purchase individually are the rides that are guaranteed to always have long waits.
Like I said, thanks for setting me straight. TWDC needs more folks like you. I am looking forward to a perfect launch at WDW where the Genie app will guide every guest to the best guest experience in the history of WDW..

BHF

One thing Disney really didn't consider when rolling out this app is the thousands upon thousands of international travelers and tour groups. Are they going to have CMs standing by at every corner to help explain away all the confusion with this thing? Or do they expect all of those people to sow up and just do standby? It's hard enough having the regular crowds figure out that Genie+ doesn't get you all the rides you may want, and so on. Imagine the headache this will be for CMs once the pre covid crowds arrive back.

Muffinpants

Original Poster
One thing Disney really didn't consider when rolling out this app is the thousands upon thousands of international travelers and tour groups. Are they going to have CMs standing by at every corner to help explain away all the confusion with this thing? Or do they expect all of those people to sow up and just do standby? It's hard enough having the regular crowds figure out that Genie+ doesn't get you all the rides you may want, and so on. Imagine the headache this will be for CMs once the pre covid crowds arrive back.
With the lack of quick service standby lines and alot of mobile ordering. I can see tour groups or school trips being a bit of a issue. I doubt every kid will have there own MDE. With there ticket on it. With the old fp system they used the kiosks so it was not a huge issue for rides but without them . I kinda think it's gonna be a mess.

cbear

Like I said, thanks for setting me straight. TWDC needs more folks like you. I am looking forward to a perfect launch at WDW where the Genie app will guide every guest to the best guest experience in the history of WDW..
We had great times at Disney World long before phones came into the picture Now you can stay glued to it. Oh boy Not everybody on the planet has a smartphone or wants one. I do but my husband does not nor will he get one. Yes I have been to Disney over a dozen times and the last time we were there it was annoying how many people were not even talking to each other or enjoying the park around them because they were watching their damn phones

Muffinpants

Original Poster
We had great times at Disney World long before phones came into the picture Now you can stay glued to it. Oh boy Not everybody on the planet has a smartphone or wants one. I do but my husband does not nor will he get one. Yes I have been to Disney over a dozen times and the last time we were there it was annoying how many people were not even talking to each other or enjoying the park around them because they were watching their damn phones
Just wait till its all implanted into our hands lol. Phones will be 100% needed and its just gonna get more and more technologically advanced from there. I dont understand why the kiosks went away.... kinda a slap int he face from disney and a horrible time for CMs when they have to send them to guest service to add a genie + ride on there ticket..

Goofyernmost

I've gone on record a number of times saying that currently have no desire to go back to WDW because of the number of hoops one has to jump through just to go to a theme park, no matter how nice it might be. However, for the sake of conversation I would have to say that I would indeed buy into it, because as a single, solo traveler it is quite affordable, but I think that for people with a family or even two people it can get a lot more costly. So in that case I just wouldn't go at all.

Disstevefan1

Totally agree about the phones, and Disney is purposely designing the theme park experience to depend on it; replacing your magic band, room key with your phone, mobile ordering for food, mobile checkout for merch, interactivity in galaxy’s with your phone, and now the Genie app.

All you see are folks staring into their phones at the parks. I was watching videos of the space 220 restaurant, in EPCOT. Here you are, 220 miles above the earth and instead of looking out the window, folks are looking at their phones.

Yes, smart phones are part of our life now and Disney is going all in on that….

John park hopper

Don't have a smart phone and have no intention of ever getting one. I refuse to be a slave to a phone. All the emphasis on having a phone at WDW is another reason disney and I have parted company.

cbear

D
I've gone on record a number of times saying that currently have no desire to go back to WDW because of the number of hoops one has to jump through just to go to a theme park, no matter how nice it might be. However, for the sake of conversation I would have to say that I would indeed buy into it, because as a single, solo traveler it is quite affordable, but I think that for people with a family or even two people it can get a lot more costly. So in that case I just wouldn't g

cbear

We are already going in Feb 22 Me and my husband have not been there since 2016 We already have tickets and res. for 2 days and plans for Busch Gardens and possibly Sea world we have always stayed off sight at various condos I just think it sucks that the tickets are so expensive and they want to charge you more and yes I still want to go very badly

NickMaio

Totally agree about the phones, and Disney is purposely designing the theme park experience to depend on it; replacing your magic band, room key with your phone, mobile ordering for food, mobile checkout for merch, interactivity in galaxy’s with your phone, and now the Genie app.

All you see are folks staring into their phones at the parks. I was watching videos of the space 220 restaurant, in EPCOT. Here you are, 220 miles above the earth and instead of looking out the window, folks are looking at their phones.

Yes, smart phones are part of our life now and Disney is going all in on that….
The absolute best part of society today are phones and tablets on rides.
Never mind the disrespect to others, why would you pay that much to be there, only to flick through your phone, or let your child do the same.
It boggles my mind.......
Changing of the times.

Goofyernmost

The absolute best part of society today are phones and tablets on rides.
Never mind the disrespect to others, why would you pay that much to be there, only to flick through your phone, or let your child do the same.
It boggles my mind.......
Changing of the times.
I have to agree with that. When we first went in 1983 there were no cell phones or handheld games. We stood in line for a while talked to each other, pointed out interesting things, chatted with others in the switchbacks and took it all in. My kids were 6 & 8 years old, today they are 45 and 47 but can tell you pretty much every thing about what we experienced on that trip or at least the fun mood we were all in. I'd be willing to say that kids with their faces glued to their devices have no memory at all about most of the visit. It is sad really and probably a bigger reason that future families will not see the sense of spending money like that for an experience they do not remember at all and had no significance either with the parks or with the family together having fun.

Now their is no choice because even if the kids still get something out of it, the parents are the ones that have to have their nose against their phone almost constantly so that important family bonding will never really happen.

John park hopper

Cell phones and hand held games in my opinion should be confiscated at the gate and smashed (joking) I agree with you Goofyer my kids went before cell phones and games and to this day they can tell you all about the times we went to WDW . I hate the whole cell phone thing at WDW, it bugs the crap out of me to see everyone with their face buried in their phone-- thats just me. I remember actually talking to people while waiting in line.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
As a local, I think Genie+ will be great for days where friends or family are in town and we want to hit as much as possible or for special celebrations like birthdays (mine falls during the holiday season so waits are typically pretty high). I definitely don't see us using it every trip, but I'm excited to try it!

EOD K9

I was in the parks last month as a change of vacation because my cruise was cancelled. As much as I hate to admit it, I enjoyed the Stand By lines. Most of the lines were about half to just over half of the posted wait times. Slinky dog was the only one posted at 70 minutes and exceeded that time. It wasn't bad and was reminiscent of pre FP days. When there are no stoppages to let FP in, the lines are moving constantly. We did Rise twice and had BGs 38 and 29.
To answer the question about Genie+ we have back to back cruises next year and are only doing one day in a park. I'll most likely purchase it to get as much in as we possibly can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom