Are You A Bigger Kid Than Your Kid At WDW..?...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
You know...I've never put a question on this thread...WDW For Kids....But this got me thinking...When you get to Disney, are you so excited that your children wonder who's the bigger kid..Last year my DS was only 14, and although he looked forward to our vacation, I reckon I was way more excited than him..In fact Mrs Hatter says I ought to grow up..Standing in a queue for 30 minutes to get my photo with Princess Merida, my DS said he would sit this one out..Ok dad...You go for the photo..So are you a bigger kid than your kid at Disney.?..Here's my DS waiting for his dad to get his photo with that Bonnie wee lass..
image.jpg

awoogala

Absolutely. I am flipping out. One evening I was stalking dining.. and got a castle dinner! (I have never eaten there yet!). I am SOOOOO excited. DH is excited, My son, 11, is pretty excited. Guess who isn't? My 8 year old daughter, who thinks it's umm..lame. Unless it's Merida, she wants nothing to do with Princesses, who don't save themselves..:hilarious:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Absolutely. I am flipping out. One evening I was stalking dining.. and got a castle dinner! (I have never eaten there yet!). I am SOOOOO excited. DH is excited, My son, 11, is pretty excited. Guess who isn't? My 8 year old daughter, who thinks it's umm..lame. Unless it's Merida, she wants nothing to do with Princesses, who don't save themselves..:hilarious:
LOL....Kids eh...Who can judge what they want.?...When my son saw our holiday snaps, and me with Merida, he just shook his head and said, " Dad, don't put this on Facebook." :joyfull:
image.jpg

Longers

I don't even have any kids but I would surely be more excited and a bigger kid than them! I arrived last night. It's 3.20am and I can't sleep - too excited. I have my pins, mickey ears, (princess tiaras just because @prfctlyximprct gave me the idea on her trip report) all ready. Can't wait to eat in BOG, love singing and dancing to the parades. I for one am NEVER growing up!

polynesiangirl

At the moment I think my preschooler and I are tied for excitement levels. I am positive that by the time my kids are grade-school aged I am going to be The Most Embarrassing Mom Ever to them on our WDW vacations. I laugh at corny CM jokes, I run to the monorails, I sing along to the stupid ride songs...I embarrass myself, so I already feel bad for my future tweens/teens.

epcotisbest

I don't even have any kids but I would surely be more excited and a bigger kid than them! I arrived last night. It's 3.20am and I can't sleep - too excited. I have my pins, mickey ears, (princess tiaras just because @prfctlyximprct gave me the idea on her trip report) all ready. Can't wait to eat in BOG, love singing and dancing to the parades. I for one am NEVER growing up!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

PraiseTheSun

On my current / latest trip half the stuff I've been talking about is how much I would love to be running around with my future child, getting to do my 'Disney firsts' all over again! Me and my fiancée don't have many left in the parks so throwing this into the mix would definitely remedy that!

Screw it, I just want an excuse to bust a move at Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It.

75disney

I definitely get more excited than my kids. Every time I learn about something new we can do on our next trip (like meet the characters from Frozen or ride the Jingle Cruise), I rush in to tell my DDs (age 11 and 8) and they have little to no reaction. I am constantly trying to show them videos of rides and shows and they are not interested. I am the one who won't be able to sleep the night before we leave and I will be the saddest one to leave the World at the end of our trip. Although with our trip just a few weeks away, my youngest one is starting to get excited with me.

Betsyboo

I definitely get more excited than my kids. Every time I learn about something new we can do on our next trip (like meet the characters from Frozen or ride the Jingle Cruise), I rush in to tell my DDs (age 11 and 8) and they have little to no reaction. I am constantly trying to show them videos of rides and shows and they are not interested. I am the one who won't be able to sleep the night before we leave and I will be the saddest one to leave the World at the end of our trip. Although with our trip just a few weeks away, my youngest one is starting to get excited with me.
My son reacts to me the same way.

This February will be our first trip without our son and I can honestly say I'm probably more excited this trip than ever. Can't wait to experience Disney in a different way.

I have been to WDW, Disneyland, and the Disney Cruise Line and the excitement never leaves me! We are planning our trip for the end of March for WDW and I can't stop singing Disney songs, watching the movies. Its to the point that I can hardly sit at work because I am so excited! I keep a post-it note on my computer, counting down the days that I get to go. I feel like I'm more excited than our 6 year old. Hahaha. I can't help, I grew up with Disney and its part of my world!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom