Are we thinking more discounts are coming or should I just secure my place now?

Queen of the WDW Scene

If you don't like it then you can leave
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don't like booking and then waiting to see if there's a discount and trying to be eligible for it.
Instead I prefer to wait for the discount to drop so I know what and where I have to book to get it.
HOWEVER with everything so up in the air with when the parks will open and how long they will stay at a lower capacity I'm getting anxious and thinking they may not even offer a discount for fall and may limit the number of vacation packages overall.
Should I just book or should I hold out like usual?
Going November 12-16 btw.
 

Nemo14

Well-Known Member
Advertisement
I don't like booking and then waiting to see if there's a discount and trying to be eligible for it.
Instead I prefer to wait for the discount to drop so I know what and where I have to book to get it.
HOWEVER with everything so up in the air with when the parks will open and how long they will stay at a lower capacity I'm getting anxious and thinking they may not even offer a discount for fall and may limit the number of vacation packages overall.
Should I just book or should I hold out like usual?
Going November 12-16 btw.
You could book through Kingdom Konsultants and they would watch for a discount for you.
 
Last edited:

DVCakaCarlF

Well-Known Member
Book now and update your reservation in MDE online as often as you want...you can literally compare room offers, rates, and availability on the same screen.
 

Storm

Active Member
I don't like booking and then waiting to see if there's a discount and trying to be eligible for it.
Instead I prefer to wait for the discount to drop so I know what and where I have to book to get it.
HOWEVER with everything so up in the air with when the parks will open and how long they will stay at a lower capacity I'm getting anxious and thinking they may not even offer a discount for fall and may limit the number of vacation packages overall.
Should I just book or should I hold out like usual?
Going November 12-16 btw.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to expect big discounts for this year and maybe even for next year , I also already booked for April 2021 because prices will probably increase due to limited crowds in the parks (possible pre-reservation for parks etc) it might be a game of only the wealthiest gets to go. I would go ahead now and just book it , if need be don’t buy tickets or dining plans yet in case a discount pops in just add the tickets or the dining plan and you can take advantage of the discount free of charge if the price is higher than your original booking.

I also totally agree with you doing your bookings yourself and not with 3rd parties , it’s a very good decision. They probably are very nice people I don’t doubt it but in case of problems it would be a hassle to go through 3rd parties instead of contacting Disney directly (and their amazing customer support)
 

MissViv

Well-Known Member
I have always booked myself, directly though Disney, because I change my mind so many times and check rates on a daily basis, I am OCD (LOL).

I have booked for October Halloween week this year & there are usually no discounts available. I also locked in my rate for tickets with a package. I am afraid that instead of discounts they will raise the prices (especially ticket prices) to keep the #'s down but who know for certain.

I would go ahead and book and if a discount becomes available you can adjust online or call Disney to get the discount. There seems to be plenty of availability at the resorts right now but who knows how that could change in the near future and they could be sold out with the limited attendance and you can always cancel with no penalty if you need to in advance.
 

YankeeMouse

Active Member
AP discounts still holding at ending July 9. General public codes to end of August. Usually AP discounts appear by now. So ?
 

PolynesianPrincess

Well-Known Member
With them capping the attendance, I wouldn't imagine any discounts. Especially if people are pushing their trips out. They won't need to. I just tried to rent points for end of Sept and the rental agency I use says there is ZERO availability at ANY DVC property.
 

HouCuseChickie

Well-Known Member
I always book ahead of discounts being released (if I know we're going) just in case there's an issue with availability, but I'm also very flexible if discounts come out. I will change resorts and/or room types if it's something I know we'll like if it also means getting a deal. Still, from going at some high demand times and seeing rooms disappear at rack rates, I like to have something in my budget locked in just in case there are no discounts. My friend rebooked her June trip to November and my parents rebooked their March trip for December, and both said they saw more limited room options.
 

Clamman73

Well-Known Member
I have the first week in Nov at Movies booked for standard room...it’s basically a “just in case” placeholder at this point so I at last have the stretch of days in a standard room...later on it might be that all those days in a row aren’t available, or they change the rack rates, or miss out on a room-only discount.
If I have to cancel, it’s easily refundable.
 
Top Bottom