Are we seeing the evolution of park hours?

KeithVH

Original Poster
So I'm looking at May park hours and its generally AK at 1900, Epcot and MGM at 2100, and MK at 2200. Every day, even the weekend before Memorial Day. With the advent of After Hours, is that pretty much what we can expect for the future? They don't feel the need to have late weekend hours (like till midnight or more) anymore for Joe Public? Not some special perk, just open later for general attendance. Another aspect of you wanna play, you pay? I get the staff shortages contribute to this situation but that's TDO's problem, shouldn't be the paying guest's issue.

We're doing what could very well be our last planned trip for the foreseeable future at the end of May. Overall cost and changing job conditions for the most part. But when I see availability limited like this (well, all except AK) and considering prices concerns, it's not so hard to look at other options.

Kevin_W

It's more like a devolution imo. Crazy to think that just under a decade ago, my folks and I were walking out of MK EMH at 2:45 am.

Yeah, my daughter's first trip we were leaving the park at 1AM on a non-holiday. A couple years later we went between Christmas and New Years and were in the park until after 3AM. Running around the parks late, late at night are our favorite memories from those days. Sadly, it looks like they might not ever be repeated.

JoeCamel

Yeah, my daughter's first trip we were leaving the park at 1AM on a non-holiday. A couple years later we went between Christmas and New Years and were in the park until after 3AM. Running around the parks late, late at night are our favorite memories from those days. Sadly, it looks like they might not ever be repeated.
Nothing, twice I spent 24 hours there........ ;) :rolleyes:

cjkeating

So I'm looking at May park hours and its generally AK at 1900, Epcot and MGM at 2100, and MK at 2200. Every day, even the weekend before Memorial Day. With the advent of After Hours, is that pretty much what we can expect for the future? They don't feel the need to have late weekend hours (like till midnight or more) anymore for Joe Public? Not some special perk, just open later for general attendance. Another aspect of you wanna play, you pay? I get the staff shortages contribute to this situation but that's TDO's problem, shouldn't be the paying guest's issue.

We're doing what could very well be our last planned trip for the foreseeable future at the end of May. Overall cost and changing job conditions for the most part. But when I see availability limited like this (well, all except AK) and considering prices concerns, it's not so hard to look at other options.
They generally release base hours and then update them about 6 weeks before the start of the month. April has just been updated with DAK being extended by 2 hours, MK 1 hour and DHS half an hour. It's not loads but it's an improvement on the base hours.

Lilofan

It's more like a devolution imo. Crazy to think that just under a decade ago, my folks and I were walking out of MK EMH at 2:45 am.
Loved NYE , MGM Studios more than 20 years ago, park closed at 3am , Cheap Trick performed on NY Street , other live bands performed at Epic Indiana Stage, inside Doug Live theatre , in front of Great Movie Ride and at the corner of Tower of Terror / Sunset Market Ranch. Now with cutbacks you are lucky to just get a DJ spinning tunes.

KeithVH

Original Poster
They generally release base hours and then update them about 6 weeks before the start of the month. April has just been updated with DAK being extended by 2 hours, MK 1 hour and DHS half an hour. It's not loads but it's an improvement on the base hours.
I just saw that this morning. Interesting. Supposedly in context of Iger saying "we gotta do something about crowds" article. I guess that is at least a positive direction. But only April so far. Fingers crossed for May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom